Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Swgorilla

Started some autos

59 posts in this topic

egg shells won't do nowt,  copper tape can work but has its limitations , i would get some pellets down too personally.

root riots are a waste of money,  get some jiffys or just use a semi-sterile mix in peat pots /  plastic pots from wilko.  

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

egg shells won't do nowt,  copper tape can work but has its limitations , i would get some pellets down too personally.

root riots are a waste of money,  get some jiffys or just use a semi-sterile mix in peat pots /  plastic pots from wilko.  

Will get some pellets sorted then.  The tape has done it's job so far but extra helps. I'd read the egg shells would as they wouldn't like going over them. Would they add in as an extra deterrent or would they just cause problems, in your opinion?

Thanks 

by all means chuck them down if youve gone to the effort of collecting them..  I just would in no way rely on them to stop slugs eating your plants..  if nothing else they might provide some calcium and other nutrients to your plants when they eventually break down. 

1 person likes this

Iv seen a fair few methods tried, copper tape, layer of sand ontop of soil, sheets of sandpaper on top of soil, beer pits, and you cant beat good old pellets and copper tape.. All other methods failed :smokin:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

by all means chuck them down if youve gone to the effort of collecting them..  I just would in no way rely on them to stop slugs eating your plants..  if nothing else they might provide some calcium and other nutrients to your plants when they eventually break down. 

Nah I didn't go to much effort to get them anyway. Will add them in but get some pellets tomorrow.  Cheers

1 person likes this

4 are left now as the one didn't seem to pickup so I've taken it out the prop giving the 3 more room. I've repotted one which seems to be happy. Couple pics though not much going on.

Screenshot_2018_04_19_12_28_00.png
Screenshot_2018_04_19_12_27_56.png

3 people like this

You can't tell from the angle of the ones in the prop but the stems hAve stretched a few inches again. Will get some compost and repot them later today.

All 4 are now repotted and in a mini greenhouse. Will whack a picture up tomorrow.

looking good mate .... some of mine went in the  compost today ...  woo hoooo  :yep:

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, vortex said:

looking good mate .... some of mine went in the  compost today ...  woo hoooo  :yep:

Good luck bud, checked my red purps today, well 1 of the 2 but all was looking good I believe. Got a thread in the female seeds section

1 person likes this

Looking good mate :yep:

1 person likes this

Here they are in the mini greenhouse. Got a couple tomato plants and a pepper plant too, old man still thinks these autos are lettuce, ha.

Screenshot_2018_04_20_08_45_02.png

2 people like this

On 4/16/2018 at 11:09 PM, VikingDee said:

This is only my second auto in years of growing it’s been more of an experiment than anything, I thought if it’s nice weather and I’m chilling outside I might bring it out with me, and I’ll have a few cold beers with it. Then put it in bed at night like 

Top company!

That will be more enjoyable than having those few cold beers with the best of friends! Haha.

I like to think the more love you show a plant the more reward you receive from it....

Hope she gives you "Nuff Love!"

4 people like this

Sun's out this morning and meant to be All day so have put them on the other side of the garden for some early sun. Wake & bake in the garden with some blue cheese it is

Screenshot_2018_04_21_09_33_45.png

:smokin:

3 people like this