Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shayneoc

Its time, but I'm in root riot?!!

Yo .. Just a quick one peeps.

I'm in root riots and roots are starting to pop out and starting to hang in my aeroponics propagator and are 3.5 weeks old. They have been under a 300w. I wish I had a pic as pictures speak a million words but my camera not working. Ther are starting to bend over at the top and I can see that some plants are also starting to get abit sick but that I think is due to my EC is 0.8/1.0. They only about 8inches long 5 nodes. I'm using Pure RO water (0ppm) I add my nutes and some cal/mag .They are going into an Ebb n Flow system but when you think?

Sorry for the simple question but first grow and I'm learning fast. I have cleaned my pebbles and my fresh RO ready to be mixed. Shall I go for it?  >_<

Hi Shayneoc,

This reply may be way too late to help you.

It's only my opniion, but I think at 8 inches tall and 5 nodes they should have already been in the Ebb and Flow system, I find root riot to be very good and as soon as the roots are showing through I move them into clays balls / pots etc and on to the next stage - ebb/flow or whatever hydroponics system is being used. If they've been kept in the small root riots to 8 " tall and five nodes, I think they're probably never going to reach their full potencial because you will have stalled their progress and held them back, I'm guessing the leaves have stayed quite small.

It also depends how tall you want the finished plants to be, I like them to finish around 100cm metre tall or less and mine are already switched over to 12/12 for floweing by the time they have five full nodes, not counting the little fucked up starting leaves. For your first grow, apart from the help on here, I would recommend getting a good book on the subject.

Good luck, how did these turn out?

Thanks

Dank

On 21/05/2018 at 10:59 AM, DankDank1970 said:

Hi Shayneoc,

This reply may be way too late to help you.

It's only my opniion, but I think at 8 inches tall and 5 nodes they should have already been in the Ebb and Flow system, I find root riot to be very good and as soon as the roots are showing through I move them into clays balls / pots etc and on to the next stage - ebb/flow or whatever hydroponics system is being used. If they've been kept in the small root riots to 8 " tall and five nodes, I think they're probably never going to reach their full potencial because you will have stalled their progress and held them back, I'm guessing the leaves have stayed quite small.

It also depends how tall you want the finished plants to be, I like them to finish around 100cm metre tall or less and mine are already switched over to 12/12 for floweing by the time they have five full nodes, not counting the little fucked up starting leaves. For your first grow, apart from the help on here, I would recommend getting a good book on the subject.

Good luck, how did these turn out?

Thanks

Dank

Hi. That is for the advice and yeah a bit late lol.

I'm in flush, honestly the grow was a complete disaster!! Can't even begin to think what to say just just say it was up and down throughout.

I had some bud rot due to the heat UK is having at the moment which forced me into early flush and cut all the leafs off. Few more days till dry then I'll tell the final weight. I don't even want to smoke this hashy smelling garbage lol.

20180702_195927.jpg

20180702_195850.jpg

20180702_195839.jpg

20180628_175035.jpg

you shouldn't be so hard on yourself about it - you've got some nice looking buds there and when it's dried and jar'd for a while I'm sure it'll be better than you expect. The main thing is that every grow will bring it's own challenges and we learn something from each one. The weather changes every day, it's never exactly the same so each day can bring a different challenge or change to what you're doing with a grow.

Unfortunately at some point it got too hot and humid in there and you got bud rot (botrytis) in the room, normally starts about one third down the bud and rots it out from the inside, gooey mess, then in dries to look like the last photo you posted. It can spread so quickly in the right conditions. Its nasty, don't smoke any of the rotten stuff but when you trim it you can cut out any bad stuff. Does leave a bit of a weird taste / smell on the smoke.

If you want some advice on the next grow, before you start - I'm happy to help. The main point to remember is they stretch quite a bit in the first weeks of the flowering stage, so you need to be getting them into the ebb/flow when they're shorter, like 3 proper nodes - not counting the first leave bits etc Is your grow in a loft? or garage?

Dankdank