Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swgorilla

Outdoor Red Purps

75 posts in this topic

We start getting more hours over the next few months then it drops down again in the autumn/winter.

if your plots getting all day sun now , your sorted :yep: longer hours to come :smokin:

I love this site xxx I was thinking of putting a plant outside...... and then I read this link about lat 50....... so I've been on this NASA thingy ... and I live on lat 53..... so does that mean I could grow outside ?? ........ x

1 person likes this

@lorraine. Yep, just have a read through of the outdoor section on here, goldmine of information...

2 people like this

Plant A is now behind plant B as it seems it's had a big leaf as shade since I last went down. Have moved plant A to a better spot. Glad to see both still alive, there plastic cover tops had came off but nothing had eaten at the leaves so we're safe for now.  I still really need to find a final place for these as the land there on is close to a path which will only get busier soon. Will take some pics next time I go down to the plot.

All the best 

1 person likes this

On 4/13/2018 at 11:46 PM, Swgorilla said:

Got out to visit them this evening when the area had quietened down. When I put them out they were in the 'best' place I could find. Realistically it's not, but until now it's working and they haven't been found which is ideal.

My worry about moving them from the place they are now is that the hours of sunlight may differ,  will this affect the plants so early on in life? I don't know how many hours  a day sunlight my plot gets but would be intrigued to know, if there's an easy way to find out? Can't really spend the day there to find out lol.

Anyway, the pictures - 

Plant A)

Screenshot_2018_04_13_22_41_19.png

Plant B)

Screenshot_2018_04_13_22_41_02.png

Good Morning Swgorilla,

Glad to see that you found a nice spot for your beauties.

AS Jack already mentioned, you can just check the hours of light anywhere online. It's true that can plant be triggered by changes of light and so on... but not in your case since you just move them from one spot to another. And If you were bringing them from Indoor to Outdoor then you should have been more careful with keeping the same amount of hours of the Indoor system in the outdoor environment.

14 hours of sun are more than enough, and they are going to increase in the next month. So...happy growing!

On 4/17/2018 at 6:43 PM, Swgorilla said:

Plant A is now behind plant B as it seems it's had a big leaf as shade since I last went down. Have moved plant A to a better spot. Glad to see both still alive, there plastic cover tops had came off but nothing had eaten at the leaves so we're safe for now.  I still really need to find a final place for these as the land there on is close to a path which will only get busier soon. Will take some pics next time I go down to the plot.

All the best 

Good news! Happy to hear about that! Wish you all the best with your next plot, it must be tricky.

But as soon as you find the plot will you leave plants in their pots or will you repot them? Just curious to know what's your plan ;)

Keep up the good work,

All the best,
Mr B.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Female Seeds Team said:

Good Morning Swgorilla,

Glad to see that you found a nice spot for your beauties.

AS Jack already mentioned, you can just check the hours of light anywhere online. It's true that can plant be triggered by changes of light and so on... but not in your case since you just move them from one spot to another. And If you were bringing them from Indoor to Outdoor then you should have been more careful with keeping the same amount of hours of the Indoor system in the outdoor environment.

14 hours of sun are more than enough, and they are going to increase in the next month. So...happy growing!

Good news! Happy to hear about that! Wish you all the best with your next plot, it must be tricky.

But as soon as you find the plot will you leave plants in their pots or will you repot them? Just curious to know what's your plan ;)

Keep up the good work,

All the best,
Mr B.

Hi Mr B,

I'm not an experienced grower so I wouldn't know what's best bit I think I will prep holes for them to go into, the plot will be the final destination for them so I'd like to give them there full potential of being in the ground.  Will be going to dig the ground next week on my day off with a view to move them shortly after. I'm going to be visiting them in the next couple of days, will update the progress then.

Thanks

2 people like this

Managed to get Down today. Unfortunately I was only able to visit plant B due to people being too close for the comfort of me snooping around checking my plant so I decided to leave it until tomorrow. I can't see them even seeing the plant as it seems they took a totally different route in. Needless to say this plant will have to be moved again, and to be honest I think I may as well put it back in the plot with plant B. Anyway, couple pics. Not much happening but certainly growing...

Screenshot_2018_04_19_20_33_35.png
Screenshot_2018_04_19_20_33_28.png

What do we think? They're 27 days old now if my calculations are correct.

Cheers

3 people like this

Plant A is safe and secure now chilling back at the plot with plant B. This one isn't looking as healthy but it's alive nonetheless. 

Screenshot_2018_04_20_11_42_44.png

2 people like this

On 4/19/2018 at 1:26 PM, Swgorilla said:

Hi Mr B,

I'm not an experienced grower so I wouldn't know what's best bit I think I will prep holes for them to go into, the plot will be the final destination for them so I'd like to give them there full potential of being in the ground.  Will be going to dig the ground next week on my day off with a view to move them shortly after. I'm going to be visiting them in the next couple of days, will update the progress then.

Thanks

Hey Swgorilla,

that depends on you, full potential is always nicer and more interesting but could also bring more risks if they go too big.

Maybe you can try one in the ground and the other one in the pot, at least like this you see how they both develop and you really can learn a lot from the comparison ;) 

On 4/19/2018 at 9:38 PM, Swgorilla said:

Managed to get Down today. Unfortunately I was only able to visit plant B due to people being too close for the comfort of me snooping around checking my plant so I decided to leave it until tomorrow. I can't see them even seeing the plant as it seems they took a totally different route in. Needless to say this plant will have to be moved again, and to be honest I think I may as well put it back in the plot with plant B. Anyway, couple pics. Not much happening but certainly growing...

Screenshot_2018_04_19_20_33_35.png
Screenshot_2018_04_19_20_33_28.png

What do we think? They're 27 days old now if my calculations are correct.

Cheers

Are there people close to your plot? Is it really safe?

Plants are looking fine, still pretty young and cute ;) . Normally they are slow beginner, so they need some time to develop and grow but once they take off, you will have lots of fun. How are the weather conditions at the moment? Sun and light wise, is it getting better?

Until next update!

Cheers,

Mr B.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Female Seeds Team said:

Hey Swgorilla,

that depends on you, full potential is always nicer and more interesting but could also bring more risks if they go too big.

Maybe you can try one in the ground and the other one in the pot, at least like this you see how they both develop and you really can learn a lot from the comparison ;) 

Are there people close to your plot? Is it really safe?

Plants are looking fine, still pretty young and cute ;) . Normally they are slow beginner, so they need some time to develop and grow but once they take off, you will have lots of fun. How are the weather conditions at the moment? Sun and light wise, is it getting better?

Until next update!

Cheers,

Mr B.

Hi Mr B,

I believe they are safe but time will tell. They will be getting moved when I get a day off work which isnt too far away. Weather hasn't been great had some sunny days and when it is sunny the girls get it from early till around 5pm, sun is setting around 8pm. The new spot should see them with sun till 7pm I believe. Will update soon. Can I pm you regarding seeds? Thx

2 people like this

Hi all,

Slowly developing.. plant b first then plant a In order of pics. 

Screenshot_2018_05_01_00_18_33.png
Screenshot_2018_05_01_00_18_27.png
Screenshot_2018_05_01_00_18_17.png
Screenshot_2018_05_01_00_18_01.png

May LST plant A after doing some reading on it. Is this something that works with the red purps @Female Seeds Team

On 4/25/2018 at 6:52 PM, Swgorilla said:

Hi Mr B,

I believe they are safe but time will tell. They will be getting moved when I get a day off work which isnt too far away. Weather hasn't been great had some sunny days and when it is sunny the girls get it from early till around 5pm, sun is setting around 8pm. The new spot should see them with sun till 7pm I believe. Will update soon. Can I pm you regarding seeds? Thx

That's nice to hear :) and great that the new spot will give them even more hours of light, that can only be good for them!

LST on Red Purps? Feel free to do it. Red Purps as most of our varieties are strong and resistant and they can take LST with no problem. She might grow a bit slower in the beginning but soon or later she will enjoy. And as always, you can try on one of the Red Purps while leaving the other one without training, just experiment!

And feel free to send me pm about seeds, I will try to reply asap ;)

All the best,

Mr B.

1 person likes this

Do you think I need to give the poor looking plant some nutrients, or leave it to see how it develops? 

Cheers

1 person likes this

If you do feed them, give a weak dose, don't want to burn them so young, they look ok anyway mate :yep:

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Swgorilla said:

Do you think I need to give the poor looking plant some nutrients, or leave it to see how it develops? 

Cheers

Let's say that is not mandatory to feed them also because they look happy. But still. if you want, as Jack said, you could give them a tiny bit of Nitrogen, Potassium (tiny bit) or Posphorus to give them some support.

Mixing some Seaweed with the soil is also a good idea to provide Nitrogen ;) 

Cheers,

Mr B.

1 person likes this