Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swgorilla

Outdoor Red Purps

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

This'll be my first ever grow but due to a couple factors I'll be growing in the great outdoors. I'm at lat 50, which from what I've read isn't all that bad. I've basically done a fair bit of reading over the past few weeks but have inevitably fucked things up! I started them early due to these things, meaning hopefully in a few weeks time ill have even more knowledge under my belt and learn from these initial mistake.

Germination:

23/3/18

I put 4 x Red Purps fem seeds into small pots with soil, all 4 popped in the mini propagator I got on the window sill. Great!

25/3/18

the now exs kitten knocked 1 pot off the side the ex had taken out, this was her plant so I didn't really give a fuck. So now we're down to 3. A week later things go sour I move out, the plants have to go into the great outdoors as I'm back at home with the rents who don't approve of the ganja.  Their house their rules, sound by me.

This is the plants when I took them out. I kept them in these pots until today. It's the 2 in the takeaway tub which are still alive, though this was only for transportation.

Screenshot_2018_04_10_19_44_31.png

Here we are today 10/4/18

Plant A)

Screenshot_2018_04_10_19_45_20.png

Plant B)

Screenshot_2018_04_10_19_45_04.png

I've been watering them but I think too much, I'm just going to let them do there thing and leave them too it for the next couple of weeks, if anyone can tell me anything I'm doing wrong that you can spot that'd be great no matter how minimal the detail. I've never grown anything, so hoping to sponge advice! Due to being down to 2 plants, I'm looking to buy more seeds, maybe that's the way to go, again any pointers for lat 50 is great. I can't start indoors unfortunately but can have the propagator in garden to start with and bring in of an evening once dark.

Apologies for the massive thread probably rambled! Thanks for reading. 

Edited by Swgorilla
Made no sense in bits
6 people like this

Hi and welcome.

You're going to love this section

At Lat 50 you're going to make more than a few envious also :cowboy:

2 people like this

Is that the reason she's now your ex lol, if your after buying more seeds have a look at Real Gorilla Seeds mate we're all doing a outdoor grow off this year I think the freebies are all gone as far as I know, but his seeds are reasonably priced and some specifically for outdoor UK growing, good luck!

4 people like this

Red purps where one of my favourites last year for the taste and high.

growing more this year but lost a lot due to failed germ rates being on the high side.

Good luck, not that you'll need it at that lat:yep: 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Cheers for the replies, will definitely check out @paniks range - shame to hear I missed out on freebies, from  what I've seen they're fairly priced anyway. Will maybe join in the grow threads once purchased :cowboy:

Edited by Swgorilla
3 people like this

2 hours ago, Swgorilla said:

Hi all,

This'll be my first ever grow but due to a couple factors I'll be growing in the great outdoors. I'm at lat 50, which from what I've read isn't all that bad. I've basically done a fair bit of reading over the past few weeks but have inevitably fucked things up! I started them early due to these things, meaning hopefully in a few weeks time ill have even more knowledge under my belt and learn from these initial mistake.

Germination:

23/3/18

I put 4 x Red Purps fem seeds into small pots with soil, all 4 popped in the mini propagator I got on the window sill. Great!

25/3/18

the now exs kitten knocked 1 pot off the side the ex had taken out, this was her plant so I didn't really give a fuck. So now we're down to 3. A week later things go sour I move out, the plants have to go into the great outdoors as I'm back at home with the rents who don't approve of the ganja.  Their house their rules, sound by me.

This is the plants when I took them out. I kept them in these pots until today. It's the 2 in the takeaway tub which are still alive, though this was only for transportation.

Plant A)

Plant B)

I've been watering them but I think too much, I'm just going to let them do there thing and leave them too it for the next couple of weeks, if anyone can tell me anything I'm doing wrong that you can spot that'd be great no matter how minimal the detail. I've never grown anything, so hoping to sponge advice! Due to being down to 2 plants, I'm looking to buy more seeds, maybe that's the way to go, again any pointers for lat 50 is great. I can't start indoors unfortunately but can have the propagator in garden to start with and bring in of an evening once dark.

Look like there moving along mate, good look with them.

2 people like this

On 4/10/2018 at 8:55 PM, Swgorilla said:

Hi all,

Germination:

23/3/18

25/3/18

Plant A)

Plant B)

Hello Swgorilla,

First of all, welcome to Female Seeds sub forum :) here you will receive support and suggestions by any of the expert growers around the forum.

Red Purps for lat 50 is more than a valid strain. Imagine that this strain was developed and bred so that it could be grown in places like The Netherlands, where there is not that much light. Basically is a strain that grows very well even if there's lack of sun and light, she is strong and resistant. I am sure it will work more than good at your latitude.

Besides this, seems like they are coming along very nice. Just be sure that you protect them enough so that they don't get that shocked in the early stage.

Anyhow, most of our outdoor strains are more than suitable for your environment, Red Purps and Purple Maroc worked and still work very well for tons of UK growers so I am pretty sure that they should be fine with your latitude. The reasonable priced varieties can be found on our website too, and since we are in Female Seed section I would gladly invite you to check our newest strain, Critical Sour.
This strain is an improved version of our Maroc, faster, with a touch of Grapefruit in its genetics and crossed with Auto NL x Auto NL and Auto Critical. The Critical Sour's genetic line should be read like this:
(Maroc x Grapefruit) x (Auto NL x Auto NL x Auto Critical).

Feel free to drop me a message and I will try to help you and suggest you better ;)

All the best and keep up the good work,

Mr B.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Female Seeds Team said:

Hello Swgorilla,

First of all, welcome to Female Seeds sub forum :) here you will receive support and suggestions by any of the expert growers around the forum.

Red Purps for lat 50 is more than a valid strain. Imagine that this strain was developed and bred so that it could be grown in places like The Netherlands, where there is not that much light. Basically is a strain that grows very well even if there's lack of sun and light, she is strong and resistant. I am sure it will work more than good at your latitude.

Besides this, seems like they are coming along very nice. Just be sure that you protect them enough so that they don't get that shocked in the early stage.

Anyhow, most of our outdoor strains are more than suitable for your environment, Red Purps and Purple Maroc worked and still work very well for tons of UK growers so I am pretty sure that they should be fine with your latitude. The reasonable priced varieties can be found on our website too, and since we are in Female Seed section I would gladly invite you to check our newest strain, Critical Sour.
This strain is an improved version of our Maroc, faster, with a touch of Grapefruit in its genetics and crossed with Auto NL x Auto NL and Auto Critical. The Critical Sour's genetic line should be read like this:
(Maroc x Grapefruit) x (Auto NL x Auto NL x Auto Critical).

Feel free to drop me a message and I will try to help you and suggest you better ;)

All the best and keep up the good work,

Mr B.

Hi Mr B,

Many thanks for the reply. I will be going to check them in the next couple of days and will update then. I will have a look at the critical sour and get back to you. Do you ship from the UK? Ta mate

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Swgorilla said:

Hi Mr B,

Many thanks for the reply. I will be going to check them in the next couple of days and will update then. I will have a look at the critical sour and get back to you. Do you ship from the UK? Ta mate

Hey Swgorilla,

You are more than welcome ;)  Yes we ship almost everyday to UK, so no worries about that :D

Looking forward to hearing about your updates!

All the best,

Mr B.

Posted (edited)

Got out to visit them this evening when the area had quietened down. When I put them out they were in the 'best' place I could find. Realistically it's not, but until now it's working and they haven't been found which is ideal.

My worry about moving them from the place they are now is that the hours of sunlight may differ,  will this affect the plants so early on in life? I don't know how many hours  a day sunlight my plot gets but would be intrigued to know, if there's an easy way to find out? Can't really spend the day there to find out lol.

Anyway, the pictures - 

Plant A)

Screenshot_2018_04_13_22_41_19.png

Plant B)

Screenshot_2018_04_13_22_41_02.png

Edited by Swgorilla
Stoned
2 people like this

Have 5 autos from a different brand growing in the garden so assume these 2 are okay. Sat in the garden having a biff now and it's really really windy. Not sure the bottle tops will still be on after tonight.  Will go and check at some point tomorrow. Cheers for reading.

1 person likes this

@Swgorilla

vist the plot first thing in the morning next visit and the next visit in the evening before sun sets. Doing this as well is good to see if any thing blocks the sun. 

Last visit of one of my plots in the evening, I spotted 2 gorse bushes further up the hill where blocking the sun late on, so I cut the tops off them. :yep:

you can get sun rise and sun set times of your area off any weather site on line. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

@Swgorilla

vist the plot first thing in the morning next visit and the next visit in the evening before sun sets. Doing this as well is good to see if any thing blocks the sun. 

Last visit of one of my plots in the evening, I spotted 2 gorse bushes further up the hill where blocking the sun late on, so I cut the tops off them. :yep:

you can get sun rise and sun set times of your area off any weather site on line. 

Cheers for the tips mate. Will have to wait a little to do that as it's a tidal spot and I'm working 7 days this week. Nice one

1 person likes this

The 5 autos all got blown over from the prop last night and unpotted. Have repotted them and brought them inside for the day, may of shocked them to death though.

Just checked sunset/sunrise - we're getting 14 hours, how's that? I've never grown anything mate so I'm clueless