Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stummer

Cleaning jars

What do you guys use to clean your jars after they are empty? Water don't really get rid of the smell and it don't smell like the bud that was in it after its been empty a while. Usually just walk them to the recycling bin and buy fresh ones for each harvest. Could continue to do that but just annoyed me having forgot I gotta order some new ones again.

Swish some iso around.

Job done innit.

;)

5 people like this

you need a solvent...A dishwasher usually does the trick if you have one!

2 people like this

Get some Isopropanol.  Does a great job.  I have even poured it out onto a plate to evaporate after cleaning then scrape up the residue for a decent smoke when I've had no weed...

4 people like this

Another vote for iso, but I find that Flash bleach spray is great at getting the gunk out. I say Flash because supermarket own brands don't seem to have the same ingredients.

I use Sterilising Fluid for cleaning babys bottles, And if I'm storing until needed again I put a single drop of minty mouthwash in them, and rinse them before using

1 person likes this

while on the subject of cleaning, has anyone ever stuck their bubble bags in the washing machine for them to survive? 

1 hour ago, Jimboo said:

I use Sterilising Fluid for cleaning babys bottles

Is there something you`re not telling us dad?

Well just ordered new jars and also ordered some iso. 

1 person likes this

I've used the same jars for years and never bothered cleaning them, never felt the need too? :unsure:

2 people like this

same here, I've been using the same jars for well over 10 years & the only thing I replace is the plastic seals every few grows as the old one's start to become brittle,

then its a quick swirl inside the jars with iso alcohol then I pour the iso into a 1ltr jar & let it evaporate for some hash, then wash the glass jars with hot soapy water.

2 people like this

another vote for ISO here, pour a little in the jar give it a swirl, and if your grinder needs cleaned drop that in as well. 

keep the used stuff stored in a spare jar or something and when its time to make QWISO just add that in with it.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, craigfjyp said:

keep the used stuff stored in a spare jar or something and when its time to make QWISO just add that in with it.

Yup i always do this plus clean my fingers after trimming and other smoking/trimming related bits - once you have a decent amount just filter through some coffee filters before evaporating off.

2 people like this