Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shayneoc

HELP! Woke up to serious problem. Photos attatched

Hi guys, everything was fine yesterday night woke up to these deficiencies. I did have a little ph swing due to my pen not working correctly so I got a blue lab coming Monday morning.

PH 5.8 (today maybe 5.4ish), 3.5 weeks old from seeds.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1 person likes this

Welcome aboard.

What system you got there?

Also, what temps/humidity are we looking at and is there any air circulation (as well as extraction)?

And, what lighting have you got going on in there?

Finally, what nutrients are you using?

Does look like a ph or nute issue - I've seen seedling go that way in soil but as long as you dial in all the variables, temp, humidity, air movement plus nutes and ph, odds are they will recover quickly once they root a bit more.

I'm sure you will get your answers and get it sorted out.

Good luck with the grow.

1 person likes this

Hi Veggin,

Thanks for the reply bud.

Humid is around 60% cant get it higher - fans kick in when temp goes above 24 then when temp hits 22 it all shuts off again. Light is a 350w. one fan on the lights keeping heat away from plants and another fan on the floor blowing heat to extraction. Currently in an aeroponic propagation system. Using the snoops nutrients. I was hoping to get them into the ebb and flow this weekend but doesnt look like it because outside of the propagator my humid is maxing at 22%, Should I buy a humidifier?

First grow so I did buy extra seeds because I knew ill lose loads.

This is more agg then buying a bag a day from a friend :\

Posted (edited)

I would suggest like @MyDisplayName2000 that it is a PH issue and nute lock (5.4 and below is to harsh for young girls) and would put a really weak nute solution (6.1 PH) in ur x stream and use a drop (literally) of super thrive to recover them.

then carry on.......

aeroponics is always going to show up discrepancies quick so you have got to be on your game

Edited by zen-ken
1 person likes this

One other thing, spray those babies with some lukewarm water. That will make up for the low humidity. You will see humidity rise as the plants grow out more and give off more moisture. I always spray in veg stage, soak em till they are dripping, get underneath the leaves also. When doing this, I put on a CFL light, raised to the roof, otherwise you will burn your plants spraying under a HID or worse, pop the bulb.

Superthrive is something I always used. For the last couple of years its been some vitamin mix similar to superthive.

Its not unusual to see seedlings looking a bit jaded, seen far worse recover and with hydro, its a lot easier to dial in the PH and the EC of nutrients. When this happens with soil, I'd flush, perhaps you would do well to give them a hand watered flush before giving a low nute PH corrected feed with a drop of Superthrive or some other plant tonic.

Keep us updated on progress. Hopefully next week it will be a different tale. They recover fast.

2 people like this

If they are in jiffy`s check its not waterlogged. Overmisting in aero can show up as phantom nute deficiencies especially with young plants.

1 person likes this

looks like water droplets been on the tips then frazzled by the light or wrong ph.

gonna check out snoops nutes now they probably overpriced but usable..

struggle to beat ionic nutes in water based grows for me.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You boys well lost me. I think I’m going to shut down and go soil!! Hydroponic is well advanced for a first time grow me thinks. 

Water temp is 23.

What i didn’t know was I had all my fans off when heat was all good and due to the garage being well insulated it takes about 2 hours for the fans to kick in again so in my opinion there’s a few things..

1. no co2 is being let into the tent

2. PH keeps going wrong

3. I’ve been playing around with the nutrients and adding them to tap water which in my case is 450ppm so I’m getting an ec reading of 1.4 but still following the nutrient diagram. 

One question. When reading back of bottles what have they been tested on to say that’s the recommendations. Do they use pure RO 0ppm water? Or tap .. because this is so confusing. i mean how can you possibly get 400ppm after adding all this 1m of this 2m of this to get the recommended PPM levels when my tap water is higher before even adding in the products. 

Crazy and makes no sense.

Edited by shayneoc

I would say your biggest problem you have is your E.C.....hence the nute lock out.

1.4 e.c is savage.....even in the best set up with a heavy feeding strain this would be high for veg....this would explain your ph jumps.

flush them....now! 

Im running 1.0 e.c and my girls are a foot tall.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, shayneoc said:

You boys well lost me. I think I’m going to shut down and go soil!! Hydroponic is well advanced for a first time grow me thinks. 

Water temp is 23.

What i didn’t know was I had all my fans off when heat was all good and due to the garage being well insulated it takes about 2 hours for the fans to kick in again so in my opinion there’s a few things..

1. no co2 is being let into the tent

2. PH keeps going wrong

3. I’ve been playing around with the nutrients and adding them to tap water which in my case is 450ppm so I’m getting an ec reading of 1.4 but still following the nutrient diagram. 

One question. When reading back of bottles what have they been tested on to say that’s the recommendations. Do they use pure RO 0ppm water? Or tap .. because this is so confusing. i mean how can you possibly get 400ppm after adding all this 1m of this 2m of this to get the recommended PPM levels when my tap water is higher before even adding in the products. 

Crazy and makes no sense.

In answering your question mr dog likes money.....so wants you to use as much nutrient as possible.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

wow.....just looked at his feed chart....thats f@@kin ridiculous.

I love the disclaimer at the bottom 

Edited by zen-ken

With @zen-ken on this... 1.4ec is massive, esp for yung'uns like these... I've fed above 1.2/3ec, but only with one plant that was a big hungry f***er (known heavy feeder), fully rooted out in 11lt pot of coco - it took an unbelievable 2ec!

Good luck!

:v:

1 person likes this

Cheers for the posts lads, this been driving me nuts.

I’m going to scrap the scoopy snoops nutes and go back to basic with floral by general hydroponics the 3 part after a flush? ... should I?

if I do can I use pure RO water or am I completely taking all water to another extreme and would have to add this and that and this and that or should I just leave it or go 50/50? 

Cheers 

Posted (edited)

I don't think you need to bin your nutes as they are bloody expensive......just don't get them again is the advice.

You need to use a lot less....get the ph right ....your girls are not ready to be fed like you are feeding them under a 350w bulb in a propagator.

Edited by zen-ken

can I ask why they are still in cubes? they seem far to big to be left in cubes without getting rootbound.

what system are you growing in.

apologies if you have said already