Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Owderb

Eric Bristow Dies

Posted (edited)

Five-time world darts champion Eric Bristow has died at the age of 60.

The news was announced by the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC), which said Bristow died on Thursday following a heart attack.

Bristow, world champion five times between 1980 and 1986, also won five World Masters titles and was a founder player when the PDC was formed in 1993. 

PDC chairman Barry Hearn said he would "always be a legend in the world of darts and British sport".

He added: "He was a tremendous player and a huge character and even after his retirement fans would travel for miles to meet him and see him play.

"Eric was never afraid of controversy, but he spoke as he found and was honest and straightforward, which is what people admired about him.

"The PDC, and the sport of darts, will miss him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/43663426

He was legend and he helped make darts what it is today

I still use replicas of his darts I bought 30 years ago

RIP Eric

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

Rip, Eric, he finished on treble 20, 

3 people like this

RIP

60 is far too young :(

Hope this isn't tasteless, apologies if it is.

Single 20, double top.

2 people like this

wasnt expecting to hear this ..just saw a mate who plays darts message ..he played a few games with eric and always said what a nice bloke he was ..i dunno about that it was just a big suprise to hear one of those `famous`darts players ..the bully crowd ...died ..

rest easy chap 

1 person likes this

Sad to hear this one. And 60 is young these days, I guess his days as a professional dart player took a toll. As I recall, those blokes along with snooker players, would often drink a lot. It was part of the job, something we will never likely see again.

As a young lad, my dad would let us stay up if the darts were on. There was something 'real' about Bristow and all the other darts players. Its a much under-rated sport, especially for potheads as I'm sure my ability to actually hit the board improved when I was old enough to toke. Spent many a happy hour throwing a few arrows and reading this makes me want to go out and buy another dartboard.

The Crafty Cockney as he was known, inspired many of us to take up the game.

I bet I'd get a decent board for cheap. I've always wanted darts that were not just the shitty ones with the plastic yellow fins. A few mates invested in a decent set, one bloke I know forked out a few hundred just for a set of 3 darts and the replacement fins on them.

Wish he could have lived to....

180!!! :)

As do we all.

2 people like this

Gutted ... rip champ.

Got my bristows sat on the table.

1 person likes this

I heard that he was a very polite man and a nice guy.

He was a gentleman at his game too.

My Dad was a keen ameture darts player, he beat Bristow a few times!!! Thats a real gentleman letting my Dad beat him at darts, giving him tips and encouragement and making jokes.

My Dad came home full of pride holding his little trophy.

Then the big tourniment was on and obviously my Dad lost, but Eric was there saying how everybody has an off day and it happens to us all. Then Eric walked up to the ocky and my Dad said it was like he had an aura about him and magic at his fingers, not a dart was misplaced and Eric won easily, finished on a bulls eye no less.

3 people like this

Eric Bristow, who died today. The darts commentator Sid Waddel once said: "When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer … Eric Bristow is only 27."

1 person likes this

For all my fellow fatties.... slim down or die young.

RIP Eric, you were a hero for some time.

RIP Eric fantastic bloke

1 person likes this

Am i right in thinking he was responsible for bringing through the Power at the beginning ? 

R.I.P Eric B 

Farmer

Yeh, I believe He sponsored and or mentored Phil Taylor early on @FARMER G

no age to go.. :(

Loved Eric bristow when i was a lad..

RIP  man... :(

1 person likes this

Cheers for clarifying mate :yinyang:

Farmer