Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


SeaJay

TOR (The Onion Router)

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I hope this is in the right forum.

 

Is anyone here familiar with TOR (The Onion Router)?

 

www.torproject.org

 

Apparently, it masks your eye-pea address so others cannot track you online. I have a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to address. 

 

1. I'm using TOR and I get a notification in my email inbox. Perhaps someone has replied to a thread I'm watching, or perhaps I get a private message. I click on the email link and go to that website. Can interested parties track me or does TOR hide my eye-pea address and data footprints?

 

2. I'm using TOR and sign in to Youtube and type >insert relevant info here< into Youtube's search box. Can interested parties track me or again, will TOR hide my eye-pea address?

 

It's ridiculous we have to go through these shenanigans because certain parties think we are criminals, but there you go.

Edited by SeaJay

Share this post


Link to post

If you use TOR to see the clear net you can be tracked to a certain degree.

 

But I don't think this site is the best one to be asking questions on. Why not try Reddit thats where the cool kids go to talk about this kind of thing, it's on the clear net so you won't need TOR yet. But it will give you all the information you will need.

 

But you seem to  be headinvg into a new direction... So let me give you some advice.

Be VERY carefull with the links that you click on.

Remember you cannot unsee websites that you are viewing.

There are some really cool places out there, with really nice people.

There are some VERY dark places out there, with some people you will want absolutly fuck all to do with in your life!

 

Be careful out there

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

It's actually The Onion Router. 1. I don't know. 2. You can be unmasked using youtube,or at least you could back in the past,it may have changed now. Best to read the TOR site. ATB mate.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If you use TOR to see the clear net you can be tracked to a certain degree.

 

But I don't think this site is the best one to be asking questions on. Why not try Reddit thats where the cool kids go to talk about this kind of thing, it's on the clear net so you won't need TOR yet. But it will give you all the information you will need.

 

But you seem to  be headinvg into a new direction... So let me give you some advice.

Be VERY carefull with the links that you click on.

Remember you cannot unsee websites that you are viewing.

There are some really cool places out there, with really nice people.

There are some VERY dark places out there, with some people you will want absolutly fuck all to do with in your life!

 

Be careful out there

On no, I'm only wanting to learn about a certain 'herb' - that's it. I'm concerned I might be tracked in doing so that's all. Nothing freaky. 

Edited by SeaJay

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ursus1000 said:

It's actually The Onion Router. 1. I don't know. 2. You can be unmasked using youtube,or at least you could back in the past,it may have changed now. Best to read the TOR site. ATB mate.

I know...but for some bizarre reason I keep typing 'Ring' :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

If you just want to learn about cannabis then this is the place you need to be.

Look at the site on your home computer and you will be fine.

Should you be out on a night and one of your mates does something stupid and you get nicked with him don't have this site on your phone with a automatic log in and you will be fine.

 

You don't need TOR or to mask your IP adress.

 

There is thousands of members on this site, so don't worry.

 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

the tor network wont hide shit for you ,it was a honeypot from the start with a lot of the exit nodes controlled by cia ..

the minute you log into tor you are waving a flag to an intelligence agency ...loook at me im on your dark net looking for whatever ..

 

as ive said for years sometimes hiding in plain sight is the best option .

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

if all you want is herbal info it all in here mate stay away from tor it can be eye opening but also sickenening i look about for a few months years ago and have never gone back inside the dark web.

weirdos asking for sex slaves and loads of credit card details and guns and drugs a plenty but think do you want to b anywhere near a site that people are asking for basment buddys an willing to pay to keep one it all could be a load of shit but it turned my stomach enough to know most folk dont need to be there 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

The U.S Navy created the TOR network, which was then adopted and the TOR browser was created. The NSA likely own many nodes on the TOR network and as @vince noir rock n roll star said, it's a honeypot that often flags suspicion when you use it. I'd say you're more likely to be tracked at some point if you have used TOR than just a regular browser searching for weed related topics.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If you just want to learn about cannabis then this is the place you need to be.

Look at the site on your home computer and you will be fine.

Should you be out on a night and one of your mates does something stupid and you get nicked with him don't have this site on your phone with a automatic log in and you will be fine.

 

You don't need TOR or to mask your IP adress.

 

There is thousands of members on this site, so don't worry.

 

Thanks Hugh, that does make sense. I guess the rule is not to act like an ass and use common sense. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

the tor network wont hide shit for you ,it was a honeypot from the start with a lot of the exit nodes controlled by cia ..

the minute you log into tor you are waving a flag to an intelligence agency ...loook at me im on your dark net looking for whatever ..

 

as ive said for years sometimes hiding in plain sight is the best option .

Funnily enough, this is exactly my thinking, on both what TOR might be and how best to avoid being on anyone's radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, doobie01 said:

if all you want is herbal info it all in here mate stay away from tor it can be eye opening but also sickenening i look about for a few months years ago and have never gone back inside the dark web.

weirdos asking for sex slaves and loads of credit card details and guns and drugs a plenty but think do you want to b anywhere near a site that people are asking for basment buddys an willing to pay to keep one it all could be a load of shit but it turned my stomach enough to know most folk dont need to be there 

Agreed. Just to reiterate though, it was just to mask my visits to uk420 and nothing else. Seems I don't need it though, so it's 'as you were' for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, dylanbk said:

The U.S Navy created the TOR network, which was then adopted and the TOR browser was created. The NSA likely own many nodes on the TOR network and as @vince noir rock n roll star said, it's a honeypot that often flags suspicion when you use it. I'd say you're more likely to be tracked at some point if you have used TOR than just a regular browser searching for weed related topics.

I always thought this way too. You can picture the scene, two guys monitoring some screen:

 

Guy 1: Nothing to see here...couple o' porn site visits, that's it

Guy 2: This one has TOR on his pc. Let's just watch what's going on for a bit...

 

It is just like waving a red flag and shouting "Yooo hooo...TOR over here!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

don't have this site on your phone with a automatic log in 

That is probably the best bit of internet security advice I have seen on here

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

If your talking cannabis, this is the best place..

 

If your on about deemz & looking for info + tecs (saw you had some interest recently.) Check out dmtnexus  .. its clearnet and has everything you need/want to know.

Edited by stickyblack
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now