Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlackAtlas

Auto pounder, first grow V2.0

25 posts in this topic

Day 35-ish

large.20180512_083734.jpglarge.20180512_083754.jpg

The snail/slug attacks seem to have stopped completely now we have nematodes in place and working but Bob doesn't seem to be growing any more. I have a lemon pie that was given free with my buy that seems to be doing better than Bob. She's bigger and the leaves are "nicer" is that because she isn't a auto? Could the leaf damage stunt it this much or is this all normal and I should chill the fuck out?

2 people like this

It will of slowed down growth because it's starting to flower I believe, someone else will chime in though and confirm/correct this. It's my first season growing too, and have some autos in the garden around the same age maybe not as old as yours.

all the best 

If I were you I would be getting some more seeds in soil asap to take advantage of the longer days and sunshine.

Not to put a downer on your efforts but the above advice is so you arent dissapointed come harvest time. 

If a plant doubles in size once it starts flowering, a six inch plant isnt going to make very much if ya get me. With autos its all about getting as big a structure as you can in the first 30 days, this is the framework that supports your flower developement.

Good luck mate

3 people like this

On 13/05/2018 at 0:28 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

If I were you I would be getting some more seeds in soil asap to take advantage of the longer days and sunshine.

Not to put a downer on your efforts but the above advice is so you arent dissapointed come harvest time. 

If a plant doubles in size once it starts flowering, a six inch plant isnt going to make very much if ya get me. With autos its all about getting as big a structure as you can in the first 30 days, this is the framework that supports your flower developement.

Good luck mate

Anything over a gram and I'll be happy. First one and all that.

1 person likes this

Well the very best to you in your journey good sir

DAY 57.

There has been a recovery of sorts and it appears that auto has started to flower. Bob has frown and seems to be doing OK, my hopes for at least a gram are very positive at the moment.

large.201806032222222.jpglarge.20180603.jpg

I also want to note that there was another plant growing since 20/4 (yes i know) and is doing gods work. it is a Lemon Pie seed (DAY 44) that i got for free and expected nothing from it and look where we are now. this variety isn't a auto, just a fem and we have had some very hot days where the greenhouse hit 45 degrees with the doors open. and they seem to be lapping it up. its also starting to smell a bit in there so I'm taking that as another good sign.

large.20180603444444.jpglarge.20180603333333.jpg

Peace.

4 people like this

Gents, I need some advice. Lemon has gotten big, I need to trim to keep it from taking over the greenhouse, now, don't get me wrong I love the fact that it seems to be a success, I just don't know where to remove from...

large.rsz_120180617_141108.jpgdoubled in size I think. 

7 hours ago, BlackAtlas said:

large.rsz_120180617_141108.jpgdoubled in size I think. 

Read up on topping. You cut the node at the top whichll make it grow out rather than up. It's not quite that simple but isn't too difficult, best thing is to do some reading mate. Looking good

1 person likes this

I wouldn't top an auto, it will just slow it down. 

They don't like being topped, because its already on a pre determined life span.

e2a, ahh its not an auto, is it?

crack on with the topping and ignore the old goit who never read the post

Edited by badbillybob
1 person likes this