Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

gsus

DINAFEM White widow first outdoor grow

40 posts in this topic
40 minutes ago, stayup4ever said:

hi @gsus  i did some ww xxl couple of years ago in the garden was quite impressed with them..how old are they now mate?

The middle two are 3 weeks old. The others are 2 weeks old.

(Give or take a couple of days).

The top right hand one is about a week I had to pot it up fast as for some reason it stretched at a ridiculous speed, it was positioned exactly the same as the others so I baffled as to why. I potted it up and left the leaves about an inch above the soil and it has stretched again.

Sadly I am pretty sure I potted most of them up a little too late, I started these off whilst moving house and I got a little over excited I suppose. Being Autos only time will tell if they will punish me for it.

they do look stunted tbh mate 3 weeks is a long time to have them in tiny pots.personally i use plastic pint cups and veg them for around 10 days or so under a 125 cfl you can get the light a lot closer,keeps them nice and low ..then i put them into final buckets  outside..good thing with autos is you can do a few harvests so if the 1's you have don't go to plan you could start some more if in a few weeks or so :)

1 person likes this

Carbon filter and extraction needed ASAP, otherwise you might have a knock at the door.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, muffintop said:

Carbon filter and extraction needed ASAP, otherwise you might have a knock at the door.

No smell yet but that is this weekends mission now.  Thanks. 

1 person likes this

filter and extraction are also needed for air movement.

they will start stinking ina week or so.

I wouldn't be putting them outside either. too much chance of flying critters getting into them

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, muffintop said:

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

filter and extraction are also needed for air movement.

they will start stinking ina week or so.

I wouldn't be putting them outside either. too much chance of flying critters getting into them

Any recommendation for a make of fan?

i use rvk silencio or whatever they are called.  For fans.

they are cheap and bulletproof, and move a lot of air, unlike some of the silenced fans

I also use a silencer at the end of my ducting, and run the fan off a controller.

if you have the spare cash, get an oversized fan and filter, and run it off a controller. 

This way it wont be on full pelt all day and night, and will be quieter if its only running at 70%

For filters I use rhino pro, but hear nice things about mountain air, but they are dearer, and I'm tight. 

The filter is the most important part of your grow equipment, so don't skimp on cost, and don't buy the rhino hobby, it wont last half as long, make sure you get the pro model.

1 person likes this

I was worried that I was going to get the dreaded stunting with these due to the many mistakes I have made. From my research, I have learned that if I have caused too much stress the autoflowers will simply stop growing and then just flower away giving a rubbish yield.

That's not to say this still won't happen but I amazed at how well they have come on in the tent with the mh light.

The close-up pic is the best one but it's also the oldest by a week (the one directly behind it is the same age also and is also doing well). It is rather short but the stem is fat and it's almost as wide as the bucket

When I say doing well what I mean is at least they seem to be still growing and making good progress. There doesn't appear to be any sign of flowering yet.

The ones in soil look slightly better than the coco ones but then again the coco are younger. I have been using the same strength of feed on both soil and coco which is a relatively weak biobizz mix. Due to the fact that a decent fan and filter is about to swallow my spare cash I sadly cannot afford coco nutes.

I read that I shouldn't really be adding any nutes to the canna soil until flowering but they don't appear to be giving any signs of disliking a feed. The amount of growth daily is noticeable and I had forgotten the pleasure to be had from spending time with them and telling them how well they're doing.

I want to start some light training on the one in the close-up, wondering if it is ready but I think it is. Any thoughts would be welcome.

As for the light it is set at 250 watts, does anyone think it is worth switching to 400w? The temps in the tent lately have been great and obviously upping the light may cause an issue until I set up the extraction.

well theyre all looking good and healthy to me mate ...  best of luck with the grow :yep: