Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stoned_ape

Hello all

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals!

Just recently got back into the herb after a long long break and wondering why I ever gave up in the first place!

Got a few small grows under my belt and hoping to learn and share information.

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

Peace.

7 people like this

Hello ape, I too am a newbie (to the site, not the herb). I am just about to get my tent ready for the Summer months. I only grow April-Sept, that does me for the year. I'm thinking of mixing it up this year with a good old euphoric Sativa, how about you?

Jim.

4 people like this

Hi jim, welcome!

That's a sensible way of doing things and if space allowed I would likely do the same as I don't smoke a huge amount. Currently I have a perpetual micro grow of critical + in a small cupboard and I've come to realize that growing is surprisingly good fun! Back in the day I mainly smoked hash (because it was all that was around) so it's all relatively new to me in that respect.

What strain are you thinking? 

2 people like this

Welcome stoned_ape :)

3 people like this

welcome, enjoy your stay

Fresh

2 people like this

7 hours ago, stoned_ape said:

Hi jim, welcome!

That's a sensible way of doing things and if space allowed I would likely do the same as I don't smoke a huge amount. Currently I have a perpetual micro grow of critical + in a small cupboard and I've come to realize that growing is surprisingly good fun! Back in the day I mainly smoked hash (because it was all that was around) so it's all relatively new to me in that respect.

What strain are you thinking? 

Thanks Ape, I remember the old boot polish hash we all used to smoke! (my god it smelled so sweet). I liked the original Critical, had it around for a some time and its a good yield. I'm thinking of some Green Crack this time round (I know, terrible name), but I have been dining out on heavy Indica's for a while so fancy a bit of a bounce and a giggle this Summer! :haveadab:

Jimbo.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the welcome chaps :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@dixiejim1878

We had rubber tyre hash from time to time and guess what that smelled like.. I'm planning on making some hash next harvest in larger amounts as I prefer the high (probably a nostalgic thing). I have heard of the green crack, unfortunate name I agree but seems to be rated highly so I'm sure your going to be in for a treat!

Edited by stoned_ape
1 person likes this

Welcome mate & all the best :)

2 people like this

Welcome there Mr Ape. Best of luck with your endeavours!

2 people like this

Ey up Ape,

The micro grow sounds cool mate, are you growing in Soil? I know what you mean about growing being fun, I Probably love growing as much as consuming these days! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@dixiejim1878 I'm growing in coco, in fact it's all I have ever grown in since starting out! So far anyway. Yup just a small stealthy grow, less than ideal really space wise but it's all I can get away with at the moment :wassnnme: Growing is an interesting hobby in itself and learning as much as I can.

How's you're grow going? Have you popped the crack yet? :D

Edited by stoned_ape

Hey ape, I have a small stealthy (ish :smokin: :no: ) grow set-up too. I love a challange but it does get frustrating at times.

Whats your chosen method for lighting may i ask?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi high! :P

Because the space is only 21 inches ish tall (it's actually a computer desk cupboard) I was rather limited so I actually ended up getting a roleadro 45w led panel (likely much less from the wall) as they are super slim profile next to no heat. I also have a 9w 3000k e14 led spotlight bulb that I flick on for flower to give an extra boost and I'm planning on adding another. Those panels alone are surprisingly good for the money and size (although probably dismissed by most) and I would recommend them to anyone who happens to be in a similar predicament :doh:

How about yourself chap?

Edited by stoned_ape
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

...and I get what you mean about frustrating, as I really only have enough room for one it doesn't leave much room for error! :lookaround:

Edited by stoned_ape
1 person likes this