Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeaJay

DIY Hydroponic System

What do you think of this guy's set up? Reckons he'll be pulling at least 2lb per plant. 

I think I could follow the above instructions, and it only cost roughly £170 ($230)

Is it any good? Going by the size of the plants it looks very good. 

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, ursus1000 said:

Hi ursus

I've read through that entire thread and it was very interesting. However, I'm more of a show me don't tell me sort of learner and I find it easier to do things when I see how they are put together. That said, the video doesn't tell you anything about nutrients and light cycles so I'm thinking I could use both the video and badbilly's guide as well. 

1 person likes this

@rabthegrower is a follower of Hygrohybrid - he does excellent grows.

Rab don't come on here much now, but if you leaf through a few of his diaries, you'll see how he implements hygrohybrid's techniques. Rab's a top, top grower, but even he found it hard to emulate the success you see in the youtube vids.

RDWC is amazing, especially as an automated growing method - I stand by it as the ultimate cultivation method if you like to push plants to ultimate genetic potential.... 

Growth rate is roughly 4-5x faster than in soil. 

His build is quality. 

Ideally you'd have a combination of flooming and diffusers, with automated tank top up and chiller unit. 

You can drop cost by not buying a big re-circ pump, and if your system is small (less than 500L), you can just run the chiller outlet at one end of the row of tanks, and inlet at the other end with a maxijet pump - this will re-circulate the tanks very nicely - I've done it multiple times. 

good air pumps are key. less bubbles = more disease risk. 

4 people like this

Great video.....a wonderful example of how simple an RDWC system can be to make and operate.

1 person likes this

watching that video of the rdwc and noticed the buckets are made from the food waste bins given out by council

I was measuring mine up earlier thinking where can I get more. now I come across this, must be an omen

theres even a smaller version you could start them in lol. chears county council.