Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stummer

No smell harvest

27 posts in this topic

I usually have a few incense sticks burning downstairs while I'm locked in the bedroom trimming. 

If its that bang on with you're mate and we cant have no smell at all, then the only way is to get inside the tent so everything is filtered. 

I find wet weed just chopped is as smelly as it gets, and if you chop hang and leave to dry with maybe a quick removal of the fans and leave to dry for a week or 2. 

Then once dry ish and a outer shell of dryness sort of keeps a lot of the smell inside at bay.

So for no smell I would get in the tent. Chop the plants and hang em exactly where they grew. 

Return 2 weeks later wearing latex gloves from a box of 100, and clothes that can easily be discarded. Get in the tent on a chair or stool and zip shut and preferably plug ears into fone tunes and trim till all in brown bags and trim or waste in sealed plastic bags. 

Take gloves off every time u leave for break or piss and replace with new. 

Keep gloves and cut fingers off and put in freezer , for later retrieval of finger hash frozen. 

No smell Guaranteed. 

Good luck to your mate

zz

6 people like this

@MicroDoseris right, chop plants at base, hang hole and trim dry.  The less you handle them the less those volatile terpenes wll get in the air.  Do it in the tent with neg pressure.  Do it late at night when neighbours are in bed, cook something fragrant before and get up early to burn toast and fry bacon before the neighbours wake.  Tape up the gaps round doors with packing tape and bottom gap to the room tents in.  

2 people like this

2 hours ago, zztopbudz said:

clothes that can easily be discarded.

I get my bitches to do it New Jack City style!(or actually just me in my pants!)

2 hours ago, goldie_2007 said:

@MicroDoseris right, chop plants at base, hang hole and trim dry.  The less you handle them the less those volatile terpenes wll get in the air.  Do it in the tent with neg pressure.  Do it late at night when neighbours are in bed, cook something fragrant before and get up early to burn toast and fry bacon before the neighbours wake.  Tape up the gaps round doors with packing tape and bottom gap to the room tents in.  

You two do it exactly the way I do. Even taping up the front door! Fuck wet trimming.

1 person likes this

At hardware stores, they sell things like draught excluder brush strips that run along the bottom of your doors, also draught blocking expanded foam tape to seal doors or windows that might be draughty and letting in cold air, or letting warm air out.

Also, some windows have little ventilation vents in them which it is wise to not forget. Some older windows have them at the bottom to let out condensation.

Cheers guys will mention to him about the foam around the doors. He isn't growing in a tent its in a building but of course will still be negative pressure from the fans. 

I cut a few hundred plants down in a grow surrounded by businesses. Cut inside the growrooms, bag it & then take to another place to dry. Getting a van full of bud to the dry location is a huge risk. 

Often not everything is cut in one day, so returning to the grow after that first day of cutting is always a nervous one. 

But one product that literally saves the day is Vinegar 

I cover the place with high acidic vinegar & just masks the smell amazing. The smell takes your breathe away but cannot smell green. 

2 people like this

16 hours ago, stummer said:

Cheers guys will mention to him about the foam around the doors. He isn't growing in a tent its in a building but of course will still be negative pressure from the fans. 

A building is designed to breath, achieving negative pressure throughout in any building will be difficult.  Don't underestimate a draught and your own immunity to the smell of bud.  A good test is with a fresh new smell, If you can smell dinner cooking within the gaff from outside the front door then its a no go.. if a roast dinner can't permeate the front door then your all good.  Testing for smell leaks with the smell your always in contact with is risky and will give you a false confidence imo.

6 people like this

7 hours ago, goldie_2007 said:

A building is designed to breath, achieving negative pressure throughout in any building will be difficult.  Don't underestimate a draught and your own immunity to the smell of bud.  A good test is with a fresh new smell, If you can smell dinner cooking within the gaff from outside the front door then its a no go.. if a roast dinner can't permeate the front door then your all good.  Testing for smell leaks with the smell your always in contact with is risky and will give you a false confidence imo.

Gonna mention all this to him, the location is proper nuts. He needs to be on the ball man.

15 hours ago, goldie_2007 said:

Bless my mum - I always get her to have a good sniff (not that sort!) when she visits me. Always puts my mind at rest because she's not around the smell all the time

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Careful with the ona jel... Make sure its not getting into the tent via intake or leakes in the tent so the negative pressure pulls it in... It easily contaminates the smell and taste of crops.... :yep:

Just seen hes not using a tent... Same rules apply though 

atb

Edited by BLhaze
1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, BLhaze said:

Careful with the ona jel... Make sure its not getting into the tent via intake or leakes in the tent so the negative pressure pulls it in... It easily contaminates the smell and taste of crops.... :yep:

Cheers will tell him to just leave them in the upstairs of the place. Whole thing seems a pain in the arse lol suppose it'll be alright once all up and running.