Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

G'n'E

Longest edible high .....

What’s the longest you’ve been spaced off edibles?

I made some butter which I finally used some of yesterday. I was just trying some dosage out and I made a batch of cookie dough. Use 120grams of butter and cut off two balls of dough. 

Baked a a couple of them and decided to play it safe and only have half a cookie. 

Thank god I only had half because it hit me like a fucking freight train. This was 8oclock last night it’s 4:20pm the next day and it’s only just wearing off lool

Wasnt a nice night to be honest and after 20 hours I’m only now starting to feel normal.

Whats the longest an edible has ruined you for?

2 people like this

Eating it never ruined anything for me :)

But it can last a long time. I'd give myself at least 12 hours after eating cannabis before I'm anywhere near 'normal' again. Staying up all night fucks you up whatever the drug, though. I used to do a LOT of acid, when I was a teenager my dad used to spend the entire weekend at his Mrs' house so the regular routine was for me and a couple of mates to go back to mine Friday night, drop a few acid each at about midnight and trip through the night. The comedowns were horrible, but I've kinda learned that most of that was due to not sleeping (same as being up all night on speed or MDMA, which I also did a lot lol ). IMHO the best way to do edibles, or acid, or speed, or MDMA is to do it in the day, have an ace, stupid, mashed, fucked-up day then go to bed at the normal time, it's the being up all night that really fucks you up.

8 people like this

That’s the thing it wasn’t like I was up all night I was passing out and kept having periods of waking up high as shit all paranoid and my chest feeling like it was being crushed. My head felt like it was gonna explode too cos this butter is made from Black Dog trim which has Headband in it.

Really hit me. I should know better though this isn’t the first time edibles have messed me up.

1 person likes this

Also I think the rule of set and setting for hallucinogens also applies to eating herb for a lot of people. I think eating a large amount of herb is closer to tripping than it is to being stoned, and your headspace really makes the experience what it is. If you eat the cookies, or drop the trip or whatever and when you feel those first tingles of magic fingers tickling your brain the first thing you think is "I wish I hadn't done that." then you're in for a rough ride :ouch: That's where bad trips come from - the idea of "I don't like this, I want it to end." and I do think it's possible to have a bad trip on edibles, cos like I say I think a really big dose of edibles is more like tripping than being stoned. And once you get into that loop of "This is not good, make it stop." you're stuck in it, and it just goes round and round, feeding off itself - it feels bad cos you think it feels bad, and because you think it feels bad and want it to stop it just goes round and round. Fuck that, just relax and ride it :) It's just your conscious mind getting in the way.

7 people like this

I don’t know man there’s definitely something else with edibles yeah it is mental to a point like magic truffles and shit but they hit your whole body and your mental state I’m not  a newbie to weed but they can fuck anyone up I’ve seen it lol

Especially when you misjudge the dose lol

1 minute ago, G'n'E said:

Especially when you misjudge the dose lol

I think that's the main thing. You got way higher than you were expecting, and you weren't prepared (not a criticism, just an observation :) ). I think that's what all the 'cannabis psychosis' shit is really about - people that have just got way more fucked than they were expecting and gone "Oh, this isn't what I was expecting, what the fuck is going on ? I don't know and I'm scared." - like I said, with hallucinogens or large amounts of edibles, once you start thinking like that it just feeds off itself, "I've lost control, make it stop." Just relax and let it ride :) The only thing to fear is fear itself ;)

3 people like this

when i make cannabutter I have 3 lots each day spread out, i'm an obsessive smoker and tend to smoke as often with edibles as I do without, days are easier the higher I get

when you eat cannabis it is processed by the liver . becoming a new substance 11 hydroxy metabolite this give you the longer lasting effects . 

6 people like this

I dunno the chemistry but it is definitely a different drug (or, perhaps, experience is the right word) eaten than smoked. I actually find that (as long as I know how strong what I'm eating is) the eating buzz is a lot mellower than the smoking buzz :) I'm not really into getting 'high', I prefer to be 'stoned' (I prefer down to up, if that makes sense - probably not lol I like couchlock and mellow :stoned: ), and I find that even really 'high' strains give me that mellow couchlock thing when eaten (again, I reiterate, as long as I know how strong it is). Horses for courses I guess, some people like dabs, that's really not my thing, gets me far too high and anxiety & shit come in (while I totally disagree with all the 'cannabis psychosis' shit in terms of cannabis being a cause, I'm bipolar and 'high' can get me uncomfortably close to mania, but mellow keeps the bad stuff at bay :) ).

I’m telling you man if you had one of these cookies I made you will be floating through the cosmos lol

like I said edibles are a different ball game even though I’ve had previous experience that shit still messed me up loool 

20 hour ride man haha 

making really strong edibles and drink. (canna milk) is fun ,but if you dose high expect a long time to normality .

it all depends on dose and your physiology

If I have a really high dose of oil, like anything over 1000mg, then it takes me a full 24 hours for all the effects to wear off. 

Posted (edited)

What ratio flower/concentrate you use to butter?

If you used flower, you can work out the ~mg with ~thc% of flower. Flower edibles are generally hard to dose evenly though.. As in, one dose may be very strong and the next may be weak.

Although take this with a pinch of salt as flowers thc % changes from bud to bud. Hence concentrates are a good choice.

Edited by stickyblack

Many years ago I visited the Happy Herbs Pizzeria in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. They offered the choice of 'happy' or 'extra happy'.

First time I chose happy and had a lovely time.

Second time I went for extra happy. Only just managed to make it back to my lodgings by motorbike taxi before being totally overwhelmed.

I had planned to move on to Thailand the next day but this wasn't an option. I couldn't stand up never mind walk. Basically I spent well over 24 hrs feeling as if I had been shot out of a cannon into a swirling, tumbling maelstrom of cannabis.

1 person likes this