Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bazil brush

EMF shielding

have been reading about the body electric and how all the electro smog can affect us, almost bought some bunk beds so i can wrap them in shielded cloth to see if it affects my sleep. not sure why i would bother though, its everywhere. has anyone tried this?

Posted (edited)

Have you seen Better Call Saul? Well there's a character in it who developed an allergy to electricity, and basically it all comes down to it being in his head.

Personally I don't think there's any point in trying to get away from it because unless you're willing to live a very reclusive life and make huge changes to your living habits, you're never going to be far from EMF sources.

Having said that, I'm sure I read somewhere (or maybe I'm remembering more of the TV show lol ) that there has been tests done on this and humans isolated totally from all frequencies will start to lose their shit. Very scientific I know lol  something to do with not being in contact with the earth's natural frequency, I.e the sound of the big bang. 443hz is it? I can't remember. @Davey Jones might be able to help here.

E2a I've heard of the same thing about people losing their sanity from being left in total pitch black isolation. 20 minutes is the average time it takes for a person to start cracking apparently. Again though, I might not be remembering that 100% right.

E2aa: Dude. Make a bona fide tinfoil hat at least!! lol:P

Edited by Fry
3 people like this

432Hz @Fry as far as I'm aware bud and connected to the 3 6 and 9 that Tesla was on about :v: 

Grounding is the way apparently, strap a copper bracelet on your ankle before you nod off...hook up a copper conductor and bond it, happy dayz.  To do with us using modern footwear and being surrounded by electrical devices and the potential difference needs grounding out to earth.

2 people like this

I find tin foil to be a good shielding material lol

6 people like this

This is classic tin foil hat ponderings

The reality is that the whole universe is bathed in electromagnetic radiation

An collapsing electric field gives rise to a magnetic field and a collapsing magnetic field gives rise to an electric field, thats how light propagates through space as described by the legendary Maxwells equations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Dynamical_Theory_of_the_Electromagnetic_Field

Very difficult are those partial differential equations its just about as technical as it gets

An electric current creates a magnetic field and a voltage creates an electrical field the two work together to create a wave that travels through space

The earth has a magnetic field

EMC testing is something you have to do if you want to sell electronic equipment, theres emissions and immunity. 10V/m is a standard immunity level for consumer goods, some industries like railways and automotive require 20V/m I have designed products that have to survive in 200V/m which is an incredible amount of interference but thats what military and aerospace products require

There is an enormous difference between the emissions and immunity i.e the allowable emissions are much less than the levels used for immunity emissions are measured in dbuV/m  i.e referenced to a microvolt so theres like a multiple of tens of thousands

Take a look at some natural phenomena

The transfer of charge from the thundercloud to the ionosphere above and the earth below is what creates the earth's electric field. On the earth's surface, the electric field can be as strong as 100 to 300 V/m.

Microwaves from mobile phones etc are high energy EM waves, even so no one knows if they have any effect on human health it doesnt seem like they do but no one really knows for sure, given the prevelance of mobile phones and WiFi signals it seems the low power microwwaves dont do much damage at all. I have seen the frequency spectrum of lots of products and tested up to 6GHz and the emissions always drop right off above 300MHZ because they are naturally attenuated

Its absolutely amazing to think that we have technology which can turn a switch on and off billions of times a second, your WiFi signal is switching a voltage on and off 2.4 billion times every second impressive stuff but its nothing compared to what nature does without even thinking about it

Look at the spectrum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum

Nature is amazing

7 people like this

EMF

:bag:

Someone was gonna do it, I took the bullet lol

4 people like this

I looked it up on amazon, they sell emf proofing for your wedding tackle lol

Of the millions of things I’ve ever worried about in my life, that my balls were getting irradiated thankfully isn’t one lol 

3 people like this

@Boojum "took one for the team" is far less self deprecating don't you think? :)

Bio

2 people like this

Self deprecating is kinda my thing lol

I learned a long time ago that if I deprecate myself first it denies everyone else the opportunity lol

1 person likes this

Sad fact, Bio's last car had the option of several registrations. I opted for xxxxxx EMF as the one because of the correlation to my job/training.

Bio