Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Amnesia

Popular compost/soils to use in 2018?

26 posts in this topic

Good day everyone, just wondering what compost growers find good to use either organic or non-organic. I've been using Plant Magic Supreme soil for years now and always had great results from my grows and have no real plans to change it. I have tried a few others with varied results but always gone back to PM, one good compost i did use was John Arther bowers with added john innes but not seen that for years.

Its been a while since i looked whats on the market and wondered if there is anything new around now where growers are getting good results?

I use PM Oldtimer grow and bloom and beneficials.

All the best. :skin_up:

4 people like this

There's a saying

"if it's not broken don't fix it"  :g:

:thumsup:

Stick to what you know :skin_up:

5 people like this

As everyone knows I am not a soil grower by any stretch of the imagination, but H&G Batmix and anything from ecothrive generally gets rave reviews. I use their coco/perlite for 3L pots and under and its great stuff.

Posted (edited)

DNA/Mills ultimate soil with cork takes some beating imo also used Plagrons Bat mix and H&G in the past and liked both. Have been looking at Tropic Batmix recently with 40% coco content, anyone tried it? also seen one called Black Magic which as a few amendments, really tempted to grab a bag of this.

Edited by nudger36
1 person likes this

@nudger36 Yeah i'm using Tropic mix, I'm using there Tropic Batmix also, was attracted to it by there claim it has no wood/bark so less likely to attract Fungas gnats,its actually really nice soil, Much prefer it to Canna Terra or Biobizz or PM.

I've never rooted out plant's faster, no added pests. Has a buffer of Magnesium limestone PH at 6.5/ basically just right for my water type.

For me personally works really well, just wish I'd found it sooner.

2 people like this

H&G bat mix all the way, few pm granules, I've never had better roots etc

2 people like this

i like h&g batmix find it a nice one to use .

For a standard bag of compost blackpoobouncer highly recommends clover and his results are great.

1 person likes this

New horizon organic peat and wood free- nice and light with good capillary action and holds air very well and without too much N and £12.00 for 125 litres i don't use anything else although i did try biobizz light mix and thought it performed exactly like depleted soil except depleted soil isn't expensive ????/@[]

I just copped a couple of sacks of Eco-life soil its a collab between Indoor organics and Ecothrive, High in mineral content with great structure im really looking forward to trying it out this artisan soil ,i will be using it for my next cycle.

I was using Biobizz for years then i was late to the Plant Magic party (im always late to the party) and used that for 2/3 years but have recently switched back to Biobizz Lightmix for the soil.

Farmer

1 person likes this

I use verve with no issues. 

Ive just started using gaunokalong complete mix soil best stuff Ive used, this out performed plant magic for me by a mile!

Posted (edited)

in asda they have - westlands with added jhon inns (what ever that is)  and its given me thew best results ive ever had buy around 5 oz per light.

used PM old timers nutrients. 

"pulls out soap box" -  will say the soil i used to use - plant magic - whilst good to work with wasn't good for the water profile i have for where i live and i always had deficiencies no matter what i did.. magnesium, or feeding from flip or what ever.. pm soils good stuff but not for me, so the much cheaper super market stuff (as long as its kept undercover) turns out to be A1.. the more i grow the more i'm coming to realise that you just have to stick "canna" or make some thing weed friendly like and you can charge a premium for it when your not necessarily getting a better product..  soap box moment over

Edited by Sancho Panza
1 person likes this

I`m back with Erin after a break from it and my grow is the best it`s been for a good while, I`m using BB bloom and fishmix.

On 31/03/2018 at 6:51 AM, FARMER G said:

I just copped a couple of sacks of Eco-life soil its a collab between Indoor organics and Ecothrive, High in mineral content with great structure im really looking forward to trying it out this artisan soil ,i will be using it for my next cycle.

I was using Biobizz for years then i was late to the Plant Magic party (im always late to the party) and used that for 2/3 years but have recently switched back to Biobizz Lightmix for the soil.

Farmer

Just bought some Plant Magic bloom and it looks different than the feed I first purchased. Seems thinner, you put 40ml in 10L of water and can see to the bottom. Not so with Bio Bizz. Not used my EC truncheon for years but will get it out and see what the EC is. I boosted the plants, in the 8th week of flower, with batshit teas. I'm using Topmax also. Using 18L instead of 11L pots really does help a lot. At least this way, I know my soil is pretty much just going to need water for the 3 weeks of veg and for about 4 of the 12/12 weeks. I'm adding wormcastings and like I say, the bat shit tea. (and wormcasting tea)

So many choices with soil at the moment but I do tend to return to BioBizz. I know there are other soils to consider and I'll be trying a couple next grow.

On 24/03/2018 at 2:19 PM, Fonz said:

There's a saying

"if it's not broken don't fix it"  :g:

:thumsup:

Stick to what you know :skin_up:

Listen to the man haha master your craft seek adventure if you can afford it :)