Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

18 posts in this topic

So here maybe a new idea for you all.

ive come across something called the Kratky method. A hydroponics system with is just a bucket filled with water and a basket In the lid filled with perlite. Plant in the middle add nutes to water and grow outside. And it works! People have mentioned that stem rot and things would be likely but from what I’ve seen it works amazing and the buds come out beautiful.

gas anyone else done this or is it just a lucky break he had? Also thing for Guerilla Growing purposes it’s amazing. Hang a bucket in a tree with an auto. :D

Posted (edited)

if there is no oxygenation to the roots they will die within 48hrs, so I cant see how it would work.

I'm off for a delve into it, see what the crack is.

had a look, seems like it works, but if it was any good people would be using it, no?

Edited by badbillybob
1 person likes this

I've only seen it used for fast-growing salad ...

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, badbillybob said:

if there is no oxygenation to the roots they will die within 48hrs, so I cant see how it would work.

had a look, seems like it works, but if it was any good people would be using it, no?

Well from what I read apparently you put the plants in perlite and you don’t feel the to the top with water, apparently oxyginisatiin actually produces in here but there is a video on YouTube 

He has 4 videos from start to finish 

I assume people like to try give the best results and because of previous writings it has been thought of pointless to try, I don’t know, maybe it’s a risk. I think personally it would be vulnerable outside but there is about her video he has quite a few plants. YouTube it Kratky method cannabis 

Well from what I read apparently you put the plants in perlite and you don’t feel the to the top with water, apparently oxyginisatiin actually produces in here but there is a video on YouTube 

also so something called airoponics as well 

Posted (edited)

airoponics is a known successful way for growing weed, and has astronomical growth rates.

the down side is keeping the roots out of the sprayers, and clear of blockages and from what ive read, its finicky to work successfully.

high pressure aeroponics is another one which works, but you need compressors etc and it all gets a bit complicated

Water, air pump stone- simple and effective, just the way I like it ! its all you need, why risk root rot with Krafky? it might work outdoors but don't think it would last long under HPS heat, without a chiller, at which point you are introducing pumps etc, so save the hassle and just go DWC

just had a look at updaye number 4, and if that's the end result, you can keep it, they look shite

Edited by badbillybob

11 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

airoponics is a known successful way for growing weed, and has astronomical growth rates.

the down side is keeping the roots out of the sprayers, and clear of blockages and from what ive read, its finicky to work successfully.

high pressure aeroponics is another one which works, but you need compressors etc and it all gets a bit complicated

Water, air pump stone- simple and effective, just the way I like it ! its all you need, why risk root rot with Krafky? it might work outdoors but don't think it would last long under HPS heat, without a chiller, at which point you are introducing pumps etc, so save the hassle and just go DWC

just had a look at updaye number 4, and if that's the end result, you can keep it, they look shite

Oh really I won’t try it then :D

well in my opinion, I would be hugely disappointed with myplants if they ended up like that, just sayin.

try it if you like, its no skin off my nose, whatever that means.

Justy be sure to come back and tell us how you get on.

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

well in my opinion, I would be hugely disappointed with myplants if they ended up like that, just sayin.

try it if you like, its no skin off my nose, whatever that means.

Justy be sure to come back and tell us how you get on.

No my project is tree top planting this year. I have some ideas and some very good locations for it. 

Posted (edited)

On 24/03/2018 at 1:35 PM, badbillybob said:

What's wrong with the end result badbillybob?

I'm really new to it all so had high hopes for Kratky because it looks less complicated than other Hydroponic methods. 

EDIT: Looking at them again, the colouring looks terrible on the fan leaves and the plants look I don't know, long and flimsy? Most Youtube growe vids I've seen, they're thick, bushy, full-bodied looking. Also, some of the leaves are wilted and look about to drop off. 

Edited by SeaJay

Posted (edited)

I assume if you were to tend to just the one plant, you could stick an airstone in the bucket? Obviously if you were doing a few plants you'd have an airstone in each bucket and then you may as well go full hydro. But one plant, one bucket, one airstone might be practical. 

EDIT: Like this

Edited by SeaJay

On 3/24/2018 at 8:23 AM, Danbancro said:

So here maybe a new idea for you all.

ive come across something called the Kratky method. A hydroponics system with is just a bucket filled with water and a basket In the lid filled with perlite. Plant in the middle add nutes to water and grow outside. And it works! People have mentioned that stem rot and things would be likely but from what I’ve seen it works amazing and the buds come out beautiful.

gas anyone else done this or is it just a lucky break he had? Also thing for Guerilla Growing purposes it’s amazing. Hang a bucket in a tree with an auto. :D

Only just seen this,  I've done abit of experimenting and refining with this to try and make it viable for cananbis...

il post some pics this summer

1 person likes this

On 04/04/2018 at 10:32 AM, SeaJay said:

I assume if you were to tend to just the one plant, you could stick an airstone in the bucket? Obviously if you were doing a few plants you'd have an airstone in each bucket and then you may as well go full hydro. But one plant, one bucket, one airstone might be practical. 

EDIT: Like this

I think I’m going to go Full hydro next time I want to be able to get max yield and I’m going to get another 2 led lights and have 3 going at a time. Hydro actually seems pretty easy and actually more efficient then soil grow. Soil grow is messy as fuck :D my girlfriend is loving it

1 person likes this