Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Autofatman

Auto pots , problems.

38 posts in this topic

Hello guys! I'm currently doing 4 pineapple express in a 4 pot 15lt auto system. 

I've hit a problem which pics will be below! I'm not sure what it is as I've only seen cal which is spots! If someone could help me please :)!

My tops of plants are turning light green and getting abit patchy .

My tap water EC is 0.2

I'm feeding 1ml of a + b advanced connoisseur which is giving me a EC of 0.9.

Air temps are 25-26 constant .

Pot temps are 22.5-23.1

pH has never been below or above 5.8-6.2

They also had a flush about 1.5 weeks ago with a EC of 0.5 half a ml per liter of bloom. 

Then a res of the same for a week .this week I bumped it up to 1ml EC of 0.9.

The auto pot trays EC and pH is the same as the Res also.

I thought it was phosphorus Def but need a opinion!

Thank you guys! 

Happy growing!

261madc.jpgpbmsl.jpgekku34.jpg

I would say up your feed. I would agree it looks like phos def. Especially if you flushed not too long ago.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hiya buddie! 

Thank you for your input , makes me feel abit better of them lol.

Also their not drinking that much but also my trays are only filling up about an inch , my Res is only 4inches or 3 off the floor. 

I've only had burnt tips since I flushed aswell

Thanks bud atb! 

Edited by Autofatman

Could anybody else help? Just so I can get a second opinion please before I drown them in nutes lol

Atb!

Looks like Calcium Deficiency ..

I normally tend to stay around the 5.8ph mark in auto pots as they are bottom fed like a sort of hydro, what is your Humidity I notice you never gave your humidity readings, I would bet quite low and dry in there by looks of it, the leafs are dry and curling crusting up??  what soil are you using mate??

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Autofatman said:

Could anybody else help? Just so I can get a second opinion please before I drown them in nutes lol

Atb!

Drowning them in nutes will only make matters worst,.. how far away it your lamp,..?? are these autos photo's,? 

I would put a jug of plain water through catch the run off and test what the ec and ph is after its flushed through the soil,..give you a better idea than just flooding them with high nutes , that's problem on its own,..

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@panik hey bro!

Thank you I'll try stay around the 5.8 in future too! 

My humidity ranges around 4

30-40% mate and I'm in plant magic soil 50/50 perlite.

My lamp is around 2ft away from everything. They are all autos in their btw.

When I flushed I brought the EC down to 0.7 as it was up by the 2.0

I was thinking to flush them with just a 0.2 EC just my plain tap water .

I haven't been pHing the feed I put through the tops as I'm in soil..

The trays are reading 0.8 EC and pH of 5.9

Do I chuck some cal mag in? 

Thank bud atb! 

Edited by Autofatman
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ok mate I see , 

so humidity a bit low ideally you want that up at 50-60% in flower, and I’m not to keen on plant magic soil never got on with it horses for courses though , try a nice bat mix next time an watch the difference, plus I thought they was auto by the look and leaf structure of the plants , which don’t help much as a new grower autos can be temperamental one slight fault and there fucked, bit like going down on a beautiful woman one slip of the tongue your in the shit :D

no jokes aside the damage is done really the leafs won’t recover the plants will just carry on life and flower best they can from how you treat them from now on looking scabby with the damage already caused, 

look at it this way , the damage was done a week before you see it by eye it takes about a week before the damage is visible but the plant started having the lock out about a week before you see it and will take probably a week to get over it if things are right from now on so that’s almost 2 weeks good growth you’ve lost , but at this stage can’t be help so all you can do is ride it out and hopefully yield the best you can, personally I would give them all a jug of plain water turn the auto pots off , let them be for a day or two when they are feeding and soil is drying turn system on again with a fresh res of 1-1.2 ec ph 5.8 and start again building it up into flower to nothing higher than 1.6 ec , biggest problem in this game is we are constantly told by hydro shops and big nutrient companies you need all this stuff for better plants , you don’t its all marketing ploys to get you the customer to part with your money I learnt that many a year ago .. there’s never any need to be feeding over 1.6 ec really unless The was actually real heavy feeders and the plants are telling you other wise , all I ever used  was a decent soil mix , with a one part feed when needed which was far an between, canna terra flora, an a little pk 9-18 here there in flower that’s it :yep: 

large.IMG_0664.JPG

hope this helps mate ..

Edited by panik
3 people like this

Ok mate I see , 

so humidity a bit low ideally you want that up at 50-60% in flower, and I’m not to keen on plant magic soil never got on with it horses for courses though , try a nice bat mix next time an watch the difference, plus I thought they was auto by the look and leaf structure of the plants , which don’t help much as a new grower autos can be temperamental one slight fault and there fucked, bit like going down on a beautiful woman one slip of the tongue your in the shit :D

no jokes aside the damage is done really the leafs won’t recover the plants will just carry on life and flower best they can from how you treat them from now on looking scabby with the damage already caused, 

look at it this way , the damage was done a week before you see it by eye it takes about a week before the damage is visible but the plant started having the lock out about a week before you see it and will take probably a week to get over it if things are right from now on so that’s almost 2 weeks good growth you’ve lost , but at this stage can’t be help so all you can do is ride it out and hopefully yield the best you can, personally I would give them all a jug of plain water turn the auto pots off , let them be for a day or two when they are feeding and soil is drying turn system on again with a fresh res of 1-1.2 ec ph 5.8 and start again building it up into flower to nothing higher than 1.6 ec , biggest problem in this game is we are constantly told by hydro shops and big nutrient companies you need all this stuff for better plants , you don’t its all marketing ploys to get you the customer to part with your money I learnt that many a year ago .. 

large.IMG_0664.JPG

hope this helps mate ..

Double post 

@panik the man that grows the organic bud too make the girls panic! Sorry haha! 

I'm  extremely appreciated for the time and effort you've put in to help and write that out buddie!

Im going to do exactly that today mate , going to go down to my grow and check her today and see what the damage is , most probably alot worse .

I'll chuck 10lts through each plant mate and let them sit! Its strange as I flushed them down to a EC of 0.7 and they are still shite! Unless it's humidity making it worse also! 

Thank you buddie!

Atb!

@panik hey buddi! Just checked the run off after putting 2.5lts of plain water through them at 7.2 pH and the run off is 6.2 pH , 0.9 EC 

Is this good?

Atb

Oh good when you said 10L I was like :unsure:

set it the red now mate at 1.0 ec and 5.8 ph turn on when they dry out a bit ..

1 person likes this

Nice one mate , I'll do that after when their dryed out then! I got a dk-5 also humidifier which should bump me up too 60-70% ! 

Posted (edited)

@panik , Hiya buddie , sorry to add you in here but after you advised me to put jug of water through and check EC which was 0.9-1.1.

I've gone today after 2 days to let them dry out . Which they have but slightly moist about 4 inches down. 

I put another jug through them Agen today and they are still showing the same EC/pH as last time. 

Do I just flush the bitches straight with 25lt each to bring the EC bakc to 0.2-0.3? Then go from there 

My one plant is paling right out and starting to spot up , don't if that's due to lock out tho. Humidity is back to 60% after getting a dk-5 lol

Strange that they are paling from the top down and spotting too as I've only seen this from the bottom up! HP's is easy 2-3 ft away

Sorry bro! 

Atb? 

Edited by Autofatman