Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

43 posts in this topic

Hello I have recently come across the new idea for Guerilla Growing. 

I have seen people are growing in the top of trees. Such an amazing idea.

I just wanted to ask has anyone done this in the uk? Any advice and mistakes that can be minimised?

And also do I still need to protect from slugs?

I will be surrounding the plant with a bet for birds but I’m not sure what pests need to be worried about up trees

I do remember a member on here trying it some years back cannae mind who it was tho :g:

Edited by hazy harry
The wrong smiley
1 person likes this

hmm .. sounds a good idea , but watering might be an issue , if its a dry spell you dont want to be climbing a tree every day with a bucket of water 

Search engine is your man .A few threads regarding growing in trees.  It's not very practical but can be done and you can even start seedlings or root cuts up a tree if you want to . 

That is true but then I think I’d take that risk knowing people are less likely to find it plus I love climbing trees :D I want to know about pests though. I watched a couple of videos onYouTube and the plants look like there doing really well sunlight all day. 

Here we go again. This subject pops up at the beginning of each season every year around this time. I’ll give the same answer as last time. It’s a stupid and dangerous idea. Just find a quiet spot on the ground. 

The fella who asked last year wasn’t seen on the boards again, perhaps you can’t post so well when you’ve fallen 40 ft out of a tree. lol 

Edited by Lea Valley
5 people like this

It would be a nice accomplishment, but like said above way too dangerous and not very logical at all imo. You won't find me even attempting it that's for sure.

Edited by Conspiranought
2 people like this

16 minutes ago, Lea Valley said:

Here we go again. This subject pops up at the beginning of each season every year around this time. I’ll give the same answer as last time. It’s a stupid and dangerous idea. Just find a quiet spot on the ground. 

The fella who asked last year wasn’t seen on the boards again, perhaps you can’t post so well when you’ve fallen 40 ft out of a tree. lol 

Yea I wasn’t going to climb that high :D just high enough I. A woodland that you will t see it if you walking past

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Conspiranought said:

It would be a nice accomplishment, but like said above way too dangerous and not very logical at all imo. You won't find me even attempting it that's for sure.

I live in a city I have small woodlands around me I do t want to ha e to travel miles as I do t drive. Danger doesn’t come into it for me. I am a very good climber. Walls and trees. Il use hoist methods and leave nutes In a bag hung next to the plants. I will put water in my backpack and make my way up the tree. It wouldn’t be that much bother I use to be put climbing trees everyday. It’s fun. :D but each to there own I guess.

also thinking of a possible drying method of a wicket or cardboard box with holes up a tree under a tarp to dry it will ha e air flow be dark and warm inside the tarp due to the greenhouse effect.

anyone think this would work? Or tried it?

i can’t dry indoors I have bitchy neibours.

2 people like this

Yea a munkey puzzle would be the ideal tree lol

1 minute ago, cocopips said:

Yea a munkey puzzle would be the ideal tree lol

What the hell is that :D

A tree then even a monkey isnt even stupid enough to try and climb, apparently

Edited by cocopips
2 people like this

Just now, cocopips said:

A tree then even a monkey isnt even stupid enough to try and climb 

Aha well if it works and I grow well I will be here to show you how it went. Going to pant out begining of may grow the seed in 2 cups the subside one cut up enough to still hold the roots , then plant cup into tree grow. I read this is fine to do and reduces stress, please correct me if that is wrong 

I remember someone growing an auto in a hanging basket up a tree - I think it was Archer.

1 person likes this

@Michael Luchóg did one up a tree :yep: I seem to remember it was in a Sweet Seeds Comp or was it the Dutch Passion one, anyhoo it is on here.

Cheers :smokin:

Edited by Hiphip
3 people like this