Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vince noir rock n roll star

the sun ..not the paper but the bright thing .

60 posts in this topic

well its bright as fuck out there ..the gardens hitting 21 deg again with ease ..so lets take pics of the sun ..see whats there today ..

first shot i just altered the saturation ..then 2nd shot really altered things from gamma to contrast and finally just an inversion 

what shape is the sun again ? 

and dont get me started on what hotpots show up ..its crazy.

large.101_4851.JPGlarge.101_4852.JPGlarge.101_4850.JPG

large.101_4854.JPGlarge.101_4855.JPGlarge.101_4856.JPG

Posted (edited)

Being an amateur photographer (ooh er) I can tell you without doubt that the strange orb like anomalies your getting in your images is actually caused by lens flare. It's quite common to get these when shooting towards bright light sources and sometimes at particular angles. If you have a lens hood for whatever your using (or you could easily make one) this should help reduce the chances somewhat, as may a circular polarizing filter.

Edited by stoned_ape
3 people like this

i just like lookin at the sun ..and messing about with the colour things ..ive given up on the fake sun completely ..im just taking pics and messing about with them .but yep taken onboard @stoned__ape

1 person likes this

:thumsup:

Posted (edited)

@goldie_2007

Very informative :)

Edited by Gojitangie
Sp

Posted (edited)

@vince noir rock n roll star

If you like taking photos of the sun and it's something you want to pursue, you could try getting a cheap variable ND filter and putting that in front of the lens with some tape. This will reduce the exposure and help you to get a bit more detail in, and perhaps even picking up on some different anomalies?

Edited by stoned_ape

so quality street wrappers wont cut the mustard then ?

2 people like this

:P

ive been helping an old lady today and when i finished at her place i came out and thought ..beautiful day but brr chilly ..the car was telling me it was 12 deg ..got home walked into me garden and instant sweat ..this is at 3.30pm ..its still lovely out now at 5.20pm ..

large.101_4870.JPG

i thought id stopped with this sun stuff but i saw somethin today ..looked like a faint moon behind the moon ..then they layered up the sky with trails which is happening righ now .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=KsHXHYFF1ys

19 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

ive been helping an old lady today and when i finished at her place i came out and thought ..beautiful day but brr chilly ..the car was telling me it was 12 deg ..got home walked into me garden and instant sweat ..this is at 3.30pm ..its still lovely out now at 5.20pm ..

large.101_4870.JPG

its because the cars thermometer is inside the car and not in direct sun?

If you put that thermometer in the shadow, it would read different.

yeah obviously ...but why would i be stood in a shadow in my garden when its lovely out ..

1 person likes this