Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vince noir rock n roll star

the sun ..not the paper but the bright thing .

49 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, twigs said:

ive got loads of photos of the sun with no black spot though.?

maybe im not on earth :unsure:

that might be your sensors on the camera being better quality or your seeing the sun ?

2 people like this

NE Scotland here lol

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

@joolz ..i got a south facing garden ,small but its secluded and sheltered so we get stupid temps as ive shown before ..step out of the row of cottages and its a good ten to fifteen deg cooler ..

summertime is 50deg in the garden ..crazy hot .

daily temps are recorded for the whole country, you can search them online lol

nowhere in the UK has recorded temps as high as being claimed in this discussion during the last 14 days lol

1 person likes this

Aye, but aren't  taking into account that Vince lives in a different dimension to the rest of us...

lol

J/k vin..

lol

3 people like this

the ammount of times ive posted pics of the temps in me garden ..its secluded and south facing ..its a sun trap all year round or whenever it comes out ..

large.DSCN0352.JPG.c85142f0c4b6b5f375983

summers regularily break thermometers ..

the digital ones are shit ..at 40deg the lcd screens just turn to blackish mush ..

large.DSCN0355.JPG.54777c6c38200a0338604

the south east and here in particular have higher than average temps a lot of the time ..multiply that by a sheltered south facing garden ..its why i gave up with me greenhouses in the end .

1 person likes this

today is a bit cooler out ..but in the garden the shade temp is still at 15 ..

and todays sun is very interesting ..ive been looking at the refraction on this shot ..if you zoom in you will see hexagon shapes with dots inside the refraction bubbles ..a round sound does not produce hexagonal refraction ..simple as that ..

large.101_4780.JPGlarge.101_4783.JPG

1 person likes this

In Manchester  last few days has been really warm in flat, live on top floor and reckon all below still got there winter heating going leaving me n my growroom unusually  hot.

@vince noir rock n roll star, the hexagonal shape is known as bokeh effect, the hexaganol shape comes from the blades on the camera lens:yinyang:

1 person likes this

so what are the dots inside the hexagons ? ,are they the lens itself ?

Dots are part of the bokeh effect @vince noir rock n roll star.

In to my 3d rendering and its what I have learned from setting up the camera's in physically based rendering so I am presuming it's stated accuracy and effect reflects real world cameras.....otherwise I'd feel cheated by autodesk and request a refund of my tens of thousands of dollars a year licence had I a legitimate copy of there software.

2 people like this

@vince noir rock n roll starsee how the dots are not round, they have a bevel to the corners and are hexagonal,  the shape of the blades from circular to straight and number of blades in the lens directly translates to the bokeh effect. ..circular blades would have given a softer rounder bevel to the hexagon vs straighter blades. You can count the number of blades in the hexagon, more blades = a rounder blur, less blades = hexagonal blur.:yinyang:

2 people like this

Yes to your question the dots are produced by the lens.

2 people like this

On 22/03/2018 at 9:48 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

the ammount of times ive posted pics of the temps in me garden ..its secluded and south facing ..its a sun trap all year round or whenever it comes out ..

large.DSCN0352.JPG.c85142f0c4b6b5f375983

I've been gathering all these thermometer pics and am only a few pics away from building a full fingerprint profile dude:smokin:

1 person likes this

your personal fetishes are not my concern .

3 people like this

cheers for the answers though ..makes perfick sense ..happy with that then .

1 person likes this

Am a little high @vince noir rock n roll star, excuse the excessive humour :smokin:

2 people like this