Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vince noir rock n roll star

the sun ..not the paper but the bright thing .

49 posts in this topic

a little while ago i made a post about the sun and being able to take a photograph of it ,which in turn led to a discussion about the lens aperture ..and sensors ..in theory the sun is so bright that the sensor cannot handle the brightness and you get a black dot on the sun in the picture ..with me so far ...good ..well from there i was sort of satisfied with the answer but then a curve ball was thrown ..sun simulators ..theyre very real and i think we have one used in the uk ..

firstly lets look at a sun simulator ..

well since i first mentioned it ive been takin pics of the sun when its been out ..and i know a lot of you have had freezing snow weather .well down here it aint been like that ..yesterday was 21 deg in my garden so i grabbed the camera ..well 

i then put the pics into an editing programme and all ive done is increased contrast and saturation ..

suprising what shows up ..there is definately an object ..

see what you tink 

large.101_4736.JPGlarge.101_4734.JPGlarge.101_4733.JPG

2 people like this

ive got loads of photos of the sun with no black spot though.?

maybe im not on earth :unsure:

1 person likes this

Interestin

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

yesterday was 21 deg in my garden

the met office says otherwise lol

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Joolz said:

the met office says otherwise lol

I don't know where you and Vince are but the thermometer in my garden was reading 16c yesterday but the day before was 23c....

1 minute ago, craigfjyp said:

day before was 23c

if you are anywhere in the UK I'd say you need a new thermometer lol

anywhere in the UK hitting average summer temps in the last week of March would have also made the news lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Joolz

it did make the news mate, it was the hottest day this year or something it said.....

the thermometer is in direct sunlight in my garden so that could cause it to give a wrong reading maybe?

Edited by craigfjyp
add more
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

From last year, but still..

Britain had record-breaking hot weather on Thursday, making it the hottest March day for five years.

The weather was warmer than Portugal, Spain and the south of France in some parts.

The South of England and London reached temperatures of 21.8 degrees, which would represent the warmest March day the country has experienced in five years.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/29/hottest-day-year-far-temperatures-set-rise-22c/

Edited by Fry
1 person likes this

Most of England and Wales are set to continue basking in sunshine today, with the hottest day of the year expected in some parts of the country.

The day will see a lot of sunshine across the majority of England and Wales, and for parts of the South East temperatures could reach 24C or possibly slightly higher.

That would make it the warmest day of the year so far, topping the 22.1C recorded on 30 March in Gravesend, Kent.

It would also see UK temperatures top those in parts of the Mediterranean.

The warm spell comes as high pressure is moving eastwards this weekend, allowing for southerly winds to suck up the warm air from Spain and northwest Africa.

However, not everywhere will experience the bright and mild spring weather on Sunday.

For Scotland and Ireland it will be cloudy and cool again with spells of rain.

Overnight on Sunday, winds will change to a northerly direction - pushing down cloud, rain and showers, and in turn temperatures could drop by 10 degrees.

There could even be some wintry outbreaks over the Scottish Highlands.

Into the week, it will be mostly cloudy and breezy for northern parts of the UK with a chance of rain, most probably over the northwest of Scotland.

At this stage southern areas look to be drier and sunnier, with lighter winds and feeling mild, but not as warm as this weekend.

https://news.sky.com/story/sun-day-hottest-day-of-the-year-so-far-is-forecast-in-parts-of-uk-10829434

1 person likes this

13-14c up here today feels like summer lol

2 people like this

it was maybe Sunday I was on about, not 2 days ago lol 

it was a lot hotter than usual though, I stay at the coast and I took the dog down the beach and it was pretty full with people sunbathing and walking there dogs and stuff, it was proper shorts and t-shirt weather but it only lasted the one day.....

1 person likes this

I think some people are getting confused. Temperatures in the weather forecast are shade temperatures. On a sunny day a thermometer left in direct sunlight would read temperatures that would make us hotter than the Sahara

2 people like this

22 minutes ago, craigfjyp said:

the thermometer is in direct sunlight in my garden so that could cause it to give a wrong reading maybe?

Yeah always put the thermometer in the shade mate, it's the air temperature you want to measure, not the radiant heat :v:

2 people like this

@joolz ..i got a south facing garden ,small but its secluded and sheltered so we get stupid temps as ive shown before ..step out of the row of cottages and its a good ten to fifteen deg cooler ..

summertime is 50deg in the garden ..crazy hot .

50 minutes ago, craigfjyp said:

I don't know where you and Vince are but the thermometer in my garden was reading 16c yesterday but the day before was 23c....

as close to france as you can get without wet toes

1 person likes this