Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

I’m A Tank

My first LST attempt

47 posts in this topic

Some close ups of the main kola on the Cheese and some other update pics. 7 1/2 weeks now. The Cheese is definitely going to finish at least a whole week earlier than the GSC. All looking ok so far :yep:

F8d9o06.jpghLefTtC.jpgBGcFsz8.jpg

9 people like this

8 weeks now. Thought I’d post a side shot of the canopy.

3UpAOMa.jpg

5 people like this

I have been looking at this bud (GSC) with a 30x magnification loupe. And it’s really hard to see if there are definitely milky trichomes. Even on the Cheese bud which is frosty as hell it’s still difficult to tell. But I suppose I was looking at this and waiting for it to get as frosty as the Cheese. But I’m not sure it will? Both have quite a few brown pistils though. I am going to feed the Cheese from now on just plain water any way. And I gave the GSC a half feed. Can anyone help with what they can see from the pics. If they are both ready for plain water or should I keep feeding the GSC for another week?

This is the GSC bud.

nGovRjP.jpg

These two pics are the Cheese main kola.

vKbjNsM.jpg

viBsrA8.jpg

this is is a side shot. The closest plant is the GSC which is fattening up.

FHGaEQn.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help. Very much appreciate all the input :yep:

4 people like this

been enjoying this read overall! I'm nervous to attempt an LST on my balcony, but I really think that my plants will needs it to share the amount of light that breaks overhead -- Is it possible to just train them down in one direction, while pulling other leaves away? Can we pull off base leaves with Auto's or is it more of a photoperiod maneuver??

1 person likes this

Nice read mate things are looking real tidy In here :)

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

Thanks fishbern. I pulled a few fan leaves off that were a pain to keep tucked away. And were covering a bud site. It doesn’t do them any real harm to take a fair few off over time. I just wish I had more experience with harvesting. I’ve no idea if the GSC is about to go all frosty or just stay as it is. I’ll still be keeping an update going. Weather I get it right or cock it up. It will still be a good learning experience.

1 person likes this

I said I would post everything. Even the bad so.... The first pic was taken just now but noticed on both plants a few days ago. The very tips of the leaves are white. From looking back through previous pics. I can see it happened about 2 weeks ago. I am going with nutrient burn. I built them up to 2ml/L of grow. And then introduced Bloom at the expense of Grow over a week or so i.e 1.5ml/L Grow & 0.5ml/L Bloom. Until I had 2ml/L of Bloom and no Grow. I also started with 0.5ml/L of Boost. And took that up to 1.5ml/L. Then I got a bit keen and took the Bloom up to 3ml/L and Boost up to 2ml/L. And I think that is when the burn happened.

mRNyIgd.jpg

here is a pic taken of the leaves on the Cheese. It has yellowing on the tips of just a few leaves. Both have been on plain water for the last 2-3 feeds. As I intend to do a 2 week flush of pure water feeding before I harvest. I’m not sure if this is to be expected and is normal at this stage but please post any experiences or thoughts.

Bv9jTU9.jpg

1 person likes this

Really have no idea! It could be a variant of issues, overfeeding like you mentioned or simply a bit off on ph maybe? (but from what I've learned thats more leaves itself though) Maybe our experienced fellowship can gain insight?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Theirs your answer buddie .

You've been feeding them just water , so their going to use up the stuff they need in the leafs . 

After 2-3 feeds of water with mine they do start to pale up.

Also that's such tiny burn , I wouldn't worry about anything. 

Them boosters are really strong from what I've seen and used then so probs max of a ml with that stuff unless she's a heavy feeder.

Wait till u see the state of mine on wed lol

I'm sure this is right.

All the best bud

Edited by Autofatman
2 people like this

I thought it would be mostly down to no nutrients. The soil I am using is ok for tap water as it’s P.H balanced for months of watering. I just let the water sit for a couple of days to evaporate the chlorine. 

Either way I decided that it’s going to be plain water for the last two weeks and then I have to chop them both on the same day. I need to use the same tent to dry them both for a couple of weeks. Then I’m going to get a load of seedlings going that will be grown guerrilla style. And make the most of what looks like a promising summer.

1 person likes this

A bit of a late update. But I chopped the Cheese a couple of weeks ago. And it has been dried and is curing now. It only yielded 50g :thumbdown: 

The GSC was a test of my patience though. Only today was it mature enough to chop. But it looks like it will yield about 4x more than the Cheese. 

4nhL0Rq.jpg

oxnfsYv.jpg

7 people like this

Looking good, you done well with the lst and in my book lst comes into its own when you have a phenotype cloned. I always find I get more from clones than the mothers.

Unless its a big mother that needs flowering off to retirement.

Well done.

1 person likes this

Well done mate! She looks lovely :)

I hope she's tasty !

I'm going to give gsc a go one day!

Always wanted to try it!

All the best mate

1 person likes this

well if it tastes half as good as it looks mate ....  your in for  GOOD times ahead :thumsup:

1 person likes this

Thanks people :yep: if the finger hash/Charas I eventually got off my hands and tried is anything to go by. Then the smoke will be sweet. Not sedative at all and I didn’t get all red eyed. It had been on pure water for 2 weeks so I think that’s why the leaves and buds took on those really nice Autumn colours as it drew all the energy it could when it fattened up. There were amber trichomes coming on but I wanted to chop it before they were all amber so it didn’t super glue me to the couch lol the buds are really dense and heavy. The genetics for this GSC are really good. It pissed all over the Cheese CBD for yield. It’s from Auto Seeds if anyone wants to do it. I reckon it’s perfect for putting in the back garden this summer as well. Because it’s not a stinker. But when you get your nose up to the buds it’s got a really sweet smell.

1 person likes this