Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

I’m A Tank

My first LST attempt

47 posts in this topic

I've grown like 20 plant bud and all have had purp stems , but only like 2 of them has actually had a deficiency .

So some plants I'd say have it in genetics as some don't.

My pineapple express was the only ones to show this through the leaves after as the rest were absolutely fine .

Just watch the leaves and your tell buddie ;)

Atv

3 people like this

the old purple stem action - people claim all sorts for the cause of this - too cold, locked out, root disease, heat stress etc. etc. 

Many strains develop purple stems naturally - look at your foliage and read that primarily. 

I wouldn't worry about low feed levels in soil - I don't feed at all for 2 weeks in soil, then I usually just pot up into stronger soil and continue no feed until about end of week 3 or 4.... 

Also move to a feed higher in P + K now you have early flowers, if N def comes along, simple fish mix or algamic foliar will sort it. 

4 people like this

4 1/2 weeks old now. I’m happy with the way their looking too :yep:

vBmI6Mf.jpg

10 people like this

The Cheese is starting flower nicely. 5 1/2 weeks now. Just started giving them a little bloom and boost.

nW38cxO.jpg

3 people like this

Can anyone give any tips on where to defoliate and how much is ok. I was tempted to take off a few of the big fan leaves up top?

Posted (edited)

Crack on if I was you buddie , I'm pulling hand fulls off mine every 2-3 days and it ain't hurting them. I don't think lol .

She's looking good tho mate .

Atb! 

Edited by Autofatman
1 person likes this

Thanks mate. I just want every little node to get as much light as possible over the next few weeks.

Your grow is coming along nicely. I’ve just been having a look. Looooads of tops on the bushy one :naughty:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

No worries buddie , I'm still learning also as this is something like my 5th grow but fudged 2-3 up lol. 

Your look lovely and green , mine are pale cuz I'm underfeeding as I always over feed hehe.

Yeah the bushy ones going really well , thank you pal :).

Can't wait to see what yours will turn out like !

Good luck bro! 

Atb

Edited by Autofatman
2 people like this

Don't crusify me like jesus of nazareth, But isn't it best to let auto's do their own thing or is it best not to top them?? Would love for someone to fill me in got some automazar seeds and never done autos so would love to know :)

1 person likes this

On 02/04/2018 at 3:13 PM, I’m A Tank said:

Thanks potato. I was just reading what BlackpoolBouncer said on the nitrogen deficiency thread. And it made me check my plants. I thought I was being over cautious with the nutes by them only receiving 0.75ml grow 4 days ago at 4 weeks old. Is this the early purple streaking or am I good. I just gave them 2ml/L grow and 5L watering :wassnnme:

AsnAwuP.jpg

Can i pick your brains :) is that straight expanded clay or soil with clay on top? needless to say looking very decent man!

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Whambud said:

Don't crusify me like jesus of nazareth, But isn't it best to let auto's do their own thing or is it best not to top them?? Would love for someone to fill me in got some automazar seeds and never done autos so would love to know :)

Auto’s have a set lifespan. So you don’t have time to let it recover the same way you would if you were veging a 12/12. That is why most people agree that topping or fim’n an Auto is a bad move. As it’s to much stress to recover from.

After a lot of reading up on auto’s I decided against any form of high stress training. And went with low stress training. That way it will expose more tops to the light and create an even canopy. Increasing yield and not stunting growth to recover from topping etc.

Also I am using Canna Professional Plus soil. And they are just a layer of clay pebbles I put on top. Auto’s as a rule of thumb can only be built up to 50% the nutrient feeding recommended for 12/12. So I should be feeding as per the bottle 4ml/L. But have built them up to 2ml/L of grow. Any more will probably burn them. 

Hope that helps. I’m no expert but I researched them and that is basically what I’m doing and all seems well so far :yep:

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, I’m A Tank said:

Auto’s have a set lifespan. So you don’t have time to let it recover the same way you would if you were veging a 12/12. That is why most people agree that topping or fim’n an Auto is a bad move. As it’s to much stress to recover from.

After a lot of reading up on auto’s I decided against any form of high stress training. And went with low stress training. That way it will expose more tops to the light and create an even canopy. Increasing yield and not stunting growth to recover from topping etc.

Also I am using Canna Professional Plus soil. And they are just a layer of clay pebbles I put on top. Auto’s as a rule of thumb can only be built up to 50% the nutrient feeding recommended for 12/12. So I should be feeding as per the bottle 4ml/L. But have built them up to 2ml/L of grow. Any more will probably burn them. 

Hope that helps. I’m no expert but I researched them and that is basically what I’m doing and all seems well so far :yep:

Cheers mate that helped, Your doing really well by the looks of things keep up the good work!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

0 nute burn, Nice leaf colour hat's off mate really well done! :)

Edited by Whambud
spelling error lol
1 person likes this

Top job mate you'll be well rewarded. Just keep tucking any leaves that are blocking your bud sites. If I can't tuck mine I snip them off but some would disagree. 

Cheers TD

3 people like this

Good diary mate, looking real good now.

1 person likes this