Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

El Patron

flowering too long ?

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can someone tell me is it normal for Blueberry to flower longer then 12 weeks ?Got 2 of them very tall,flowering already for 3 months,but I can`t see it finishing in next 8 weeks.Is that ok or should I start a new grow ?Thanks for any advise

1 person likes this

it does seem like a long time there mate, my blueberry was ready with 8 weeks flowering :unsure:

Maybe hang in there with it? Might end up being a good bit of smoke

I'm still a noob at all this so cant really advise too well, sorry

all the best with it

1 person likes this

@El Patron, who they from buddy?

Did you count day 1 of flower from the first signs of pistils etc? Not from the time it first sprouted?

12 weeks is a long time and it's hard to think they are nowhere near finished 

1 person likes this

How's your growroom temperatures? I have an outdoor shed which gets well below optimum temps and that can make them take longer. One winter I had a cheese plant which took 96 days, should have been about 65 days.

2 people like this

Seeds were from D.P.Regarding temps they were unstable as this time my grow is in shed instead of indoor tent and the weather was not brilliant in my endz, so my guess  is that`s the main reason of the delay.Flowering was counted from the first day I`ve noticed pistils,yes :) Chop it or Keep it ? Will they be a waste of time and space ?

Hard to say without pictures but it does sound pretty messed up :( I guess you could improve the conditions with some sort of heating at night and maybe even run 10/14 light schedule, the yield and quality will almost certainly suffer because of the stress it's been through but you might get something to make hash or edibles from? But if you already have weed and feel you can get another grow on soon then i'd ditch it 

1 person likes this

you could reduce the lights on time for a week and see if it makes any odds

or if you are desperate, there is a product called ripen which helps force them to finish.

How are the buds looking/roots looking could it be roof or rot issue slowing growth?

@j2o heating was on through all winter period and yet at night time temps went below 16 C. I don`t see any reason to keep them and waste more time with no guarantee whatsoever of decent yield.10/14 isn`t a bad idea,but it won`t change much by looks of them

@badbillybob Ripen wont do the job for sure

@BB420sd It`s not about the growth,unless You mean growth of buds ;) To be honest their tiny,starting a new lot hopefully next week,will improve a shed and get a new light,this time i`ll try Hydroponics for the first time

1 person likes this

@El Patron

Have you got any pictures you can put up? Would help us  judge how they are.

My 2p - Are you sure you don't have any light leaks? Any leds or other lights inside the space?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, El Patron said:

@j2o heating was on through all winter period and yet at night time temps went below 16 C. I don`t see any reason to keep them and waste more time with no guarantee whatsoever of decent yield.10/14 isn`t a bad idea,but it won`t change much by looks of them

@badbillybob Ripen wont do the job for sure

@BB420sd It`s not about the growth,unless You mean growth of buds ;) To be honest their tiny,starting a new lot hopefully next week,will improve a shed and get a new light,this time i`ll try Hydroponics for the first time

why ask for advice, then disregard it? 

Ripen does work, and has been shown to work on numerous occasions. its a forcing solution designed for this purpose alone. I will also bet that you havnt tried it, to form an opinion.

the light reducing option also has been proven to work, forcing the plant to think it iis nearing winter, so it better hurry up and mature.

as for the genetics, I'm not gonna even mention how unstable DPs version of blueberry is,and how most avoid it, but hey, you probably know that too, so crack on.

5 people like this

This thread is useless without pics...im guessing o.p has made a royal f@ck up.

Pics please!!

3 people like this

@badbillybob thank You for advise,but it is my choice not Yours.Used Ripen before and yes it would help in many cases apart of this one.Besides each of my last few grows is organic,so NO I will not use ANY chemicals,rather toss it in the bin.

@Chu decision has been made,so don't see any point of posting pictures.

Thanks everyone for Your opinions,really appreciate it !!!

You got a 16 wk flower and youre shunning advice..i want to help m8 and pictures speak a thousand words.

In 15 weeks from seed i get 20 0z from four plants and i will gladly help you not waste time. Or you can crack on.

2 people like this