Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

B0bbyBuds

Kings day

Going to kings day(s) in Netherlands next month :king: Don’t really have any plans of yet. Know there’s a few evening festivals, anyone been before/have any recommendations?

Was there last year for the week running up to Kings day, loads of stuff being prepared all over tbh. There's a bunch of street parties and I know where we stayed by the Albert Cuyp Market there was a lot being put up, it's a nice part of the city too and Katsu cafe is worth a visit.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Do whatever you can  to find/rent/borrow a boat. New Year and Kings Day are great fun in Dam, but stupidly busy.

On a boat you can cruise round where you want. Everyone wants to be your friend, and you end up with a boat full of cool people and very good drugs :yep:

And you can shoot fireworks from the flag poles :wassnnme:

ETA you do know it's carnage in the main squares? Quite a few people loose fingers and eyes with the all fireworks being lobbed around. Fine if you're up for it. Not so good if you didn't know and had kids etc. You soon get used to the big bomb's they buy in belgium and set off. They are aptly named :yinyang:

Edited by the lone deranger
extra bit
2 people like this

The night before, koningsnacht in den Haag has a massive celebration. There's stages set up all around the city, you can see some eclectic bands from all over the globe. When I was there they had a huge dance arena set up in the main square, Adam F and J Magic were DJing. layo and bushwhacker were also bouncing about and representing the UK. Good times

2 people like this

The day before, in Den Haag is the party I strolled through . 

Folks sell stuff outside their houses like a market apparently but I didn't see that . 

There's nothing to eat in town except for food from stalls and water .I remember one shop you couldn't enter ,they were selling water at the door . That year it was a warm night on Koningsdag . It's mobbed with people . Lots to entertain too . What sticks with me most was trying to get down a narrow street .It was like animals in a pen ,steam, sweat ,budging ,excuse,excuse .

A ticket to North Sea Jazz ,and that festival itself is even better . 

3 people like this

Sorrry I’d forgotten I created this thread! Thank you for your help peeps! I’m going Den Haag day before kings day, then dam then wherever seems good. Not long left now. 

What were the coffee shops/dispensaries like during the kings day festivities?

2 hours ago, B0bbyBuds said:

What were the coffee shops/dispensaries like during the kings day festivities?

It's a big affair ! In Den Haag I wouldn't imagine there is a coffeeshop open on the evening the streets are jammed with people. Probably open outside the town though .The tulp,the boat, fly high near Neherkade ,spaceball near Hollandspoor station but that might be too near the madness . Koffie & dreams is on a quiet street and near the centre .The most profitable commodity to sell is water down the main streets . Den Haag can be a cold place too ,near the ocean .Scheveningen is nice ,different anyway and twenty minutes on a bicycle .

1 person likes this