Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ld13894

Am i thinking right?? newbie

32 posts in this topic

hi to anyone whos reading just joined the site and looking for some tips

new here been reading alot of the pages after deciding after a few years of thinking about it to do my own outdoor grow and iv just got my first grow site thanks to a sound farmer i know :)

planning on 10 plants and have made a list of stuff i am gona buy in prep and my method. just want a bit of advice really to know if iv got my method right or what should be changed / could be improved (alot i can imagine)

So first off seeds i  will be using:

4 feminized purple maroc

3 royal ak auto

3 auto frisian dew

my plan is to buy the smart start kit off zamnesia and the propagator to germ the seeds ready for planting (thinkin of plantin me autos 20th april:smokin: an maroc round mid may? )

il be buyin around 100l of plant magic plus and fill all my pots about 3/4 with this and for the top 1/4 use regular multi purp compost

basically leave the plants to do their own thing checking up on them whenever i feel like as its in me farmer mates back garden literally in the middle of nowhere so not bangers at all.

then using nute bloom later on in grow (5/6 weeks into autos and abit later with maroc)

my questions are

1. is basically is this it to get a decent beginners grow on the go?

2. how do them planting dates sound to yous?

3. do i need to add any more nutes to my soil before they flower or will the plant magic cover them until flower stage generally?

as i said am brand new to all this so if i am way out dont be scared of bein rude jus tell me what should be done differently i get that unforseen probs can pop up an am thinkin in an ideal world but il deal with them if they happen.....

any replies appreciated 

cheers :hippy: :smokin: :bong:

One thousand three hundred and seventy two grams, sore scissor fingers and a little bit of hash.

;)

sorry bro i dont understand your comment did u mean to reply to this post ??

30 minutes ago, ld13894 said:

3 auto frisian dew

Scrap these from the list old bean,they are total mould magnets,total crap :yinyang:

6 people like this

There's a website called 240UK or something ,lots of info there .

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

Scrap these from the list old bean,they are total mould magnets,total crap :yinyang:

cheers mate

3 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

There's a website called 240UK or something ,lots of info there .

well no fucking shit sherlock like iv said iv read up alot but being my first grow i just wanted to check that the take away iv got from my research is right.....

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, ld13894 said:

well no fucking shit sherlock like iv said iv read up alot but being my first grow i just wanted to check that the take away iv got from my research is right.....

You'll retain things from reading diaries ,and threads in the outdoor section . Searching for key words is useful too . I reckon its hard to find a question that hasn't been asked ,sometimes a good question comes ,inquisitive minds . The theory work is here . 

Start more seed than you intend to grow . Better looking at them than looking for them .

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

You'll retain things from reading diaries ,and threads in the outdoor section . Searching for key words is useful too . I reckon its hard to find a question that hasn't been asked ,sometimes a good question comes ,inquisitive minds . The theory work is here . 

Start more seed than you intend to grow . Better looking at them than looking for them .

Ye cool mate appreciate that reply with some advice the space is there for as many plants as i want so i will take that on board.  

2 people like this

the other thing to take into concideration is after its all grown,,, do you  have somewhere to dry it all mate ?

1 person likes this

I hate to be a downer pal, but I wouldn't go near any of those strains you have listed above. I have grown all 3, and don't have a single positive word to say about any of them.

As Ch@ppers said, auto Frisian Dew are mould magnets, as they proved to be for me too, but I also found the buds that I managed to salvage to be shit. Terrible taste and no high from it whatsoever. Similar issue with the Royal AK auto. I only grew one but it was crap weed... hardly any potency, very airy/whispy buds, yet it still moulded quite bad was well. I also grew the Purple Maroc 2 years ago and found the smoke to be nothing short of abysmal. Quite prone to mould as well, but the quality of the smoke and potency was amongst the worst I have ever had from outdoor grown. Don't go anywhere near this strain, there are plenty of better options out there (just my opinion). In fact, avoid the 3 strains you listed like the plague. 

Check out this thread/link to see what strains you should be growing... 

Make sure you definitely check out Real Gorilla Seeds for some decent UK outdoor strains and also the Sweet Seeds FV/early strains. Both breeders highly represented in the plant of the year 2017 link above...

Regarding autos, look no further than Dinafem. They are your best bet and one of the best breeders out there. Definitely your go to source for autos, but you might want to check out Mephisto Genetics for some decent, high potency autos as well if you're prepared to pay top dollar.

Good luck! Pick your strains wisely :yep:

5 people like this

19 minutes ago, vortex said:

the other thing to take into concideration is after its all grown,,, do you  have somewhere to dry it all mate ?

Yep :D

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

I hate to be a downer pal, but I wouldn't go near any of those strains you have listed above. I have grown all 3, and don't have a single positive word to say about any of them.

As Ch@ppers said, auto Frisian Dew are mould magnets, as they proved to be for me too, but I also found the buds that I managed to salvage to be shit. Terrible taste and no high from it whatsoever. Similar issue with the Royal AK auto. I only grew one but it was crap weed... hardly any potency, very airy/whispy buds, yet it still moulded quite bad was well. I also grew the Purple Maroc 2 years ago and found the smoke to be nothing short of abysmal. Quite prone to mould as well, but the quality of the smoke and potency was amongst the worst I have ever had from outdoor grown. Don't go anywhere near this strain, there are plenty of better options out there (just my opinion). In fact, avoid the 3 strains you listed like the plague. 

Check out this thread/link to see what strains you should be growing... 

Make sure you definitely check out Real Gorilla Seeds for some decent UK outdoor strains and also the Sweet Seeds FV/early strains. Both breeders highly represented in the plant of the year 2017 link above...

Regarding autos, look no further than Dinafem. They are your best bet and one of the best breeders out there. Definitely your go to source for autos, but you might want to check out Mephisto Genetics for some decent, high potency autos as well if you're prepared to pay top dollar.

Good luck! Pick your strains wisely :yep:

Thats nt a downer mate definitely rather readin that than findin it out from my own experience haha ! Ta for that and il check that post out appreciate it man. Ye iv seen a few of them dinafem strains lookin pukka an a couple people on about the mephisto had a lil look on there site earlier actually will see what theyre saying not to bothered on money for seeds not the worst investment in the world is it.:bong: not seen the other 2 so ll  defo get back to the drawin board an re assess my seed choices now then dont wana put money time an effort in for it to be a waste 

Nice one 

if You want a real geurilla grow. Visit the lads at real gorilla seeds. 

2 people like this

I think your plan for planting out autos is a bit early. From personal experience when I've planted out early (and in a greenhouse) I have struggled to produce an ounce. I'd be looking more towards June. If you went with some Sweet Seeds FV (fast version) photoperiod, you could put them out in May. If you're happy with an oz per pant from autos I recommend Dinafem.

Were you planning on growing in pots or growing in the ground?