Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blackpoolbouncer

3 billboards

65 posts in this topic

So I've been thinking about this for a while now and recently we have been given some ammo to use.

Many of you will know reading the site the plea of terribly Ill people. Some of whome have begun to bring the governments hypocrisy on cannabis to light. (Alfie Dingly) 

A recent report came out with some shocking facts regarding the level of medicinal cannabis production and export in the UK with a lack of a medicinal cannabis program. 

As with many other revelations including Mp fighting for prohibition having a  husband that grows 45 acres of weed. 

Ffs they have just pumped investment into expanding operations of the very drug they deny that little boy.

Criminal. Is not the word and I am not talking about us.

Inhumane comes close.

This is perfect info to be going rogue and distributing to the wider public......make a noise. Tell the world.

For those of you not familiar Google 3 billboards. It's not where the idea came from but they are being used for a similar end to what I would like to achieve. 

So I am here. Asking for your help. I would like opinions on this and suggestions of what to put on these billboards that I, and I hope you will sneak out one night and put on your local roundabout or main road.

Now is the time to seize on this. Strike while the iron is hot. For too long we have been beaten into silence. Now is the time to shout.....we have a voice.

It's time for change. High time

I briefly mentioned this in another thread and I was thinkng something like 3 boards saying.....

The UK is the world's largest exporter of cannabis

(67% of the market)

We are also the world's largest producer

94,000kg

Still none for Alfie?9

23 people like this

Obviously I'm not talking huge proper billboards. 

Cheap to make.

They can be hand painted. Printed on a computer. 

Perhaps we can have a template? 

I was thinking seeing as I have access to an a3 printer and laminator I would print it out on maybe 4 or 9 sheets per billoard stuck to some cardboard or balsa wood. Whatever I can get my hand on. 

Pallets would be cheap and sizable and easily propped up and wouldn't blow away. 

Sure they will get removed. As do bedsheets saying happy birthday Susan. 

Nothing gonna stop me putting some more out. 

Even if it's some a4 ones dotted in the flower beds outside your local shopping centre 

You never know. The locsl papers may even report on it 

Stay safe. Keep your fingerprints off anything they might take them from. 

Fuck the law

8 people like this

If your going to do it maybe stencil painting it on public property would be the way to go for maximum publicity, if you don’t like the idea of that maybe have a few thousand stickers printed up stick them on lampposts in high footfall areas? I agree it’s fucked up, it’s proven to help lots of different ailments particularly seizures in kids, our government let them suffer.

6 people like this

That could be a way to go. 

The stencil is a good idea but too risky for me. I am law abiding after all lol

Sticker bombing is a good idea if anyone wants to chuck a few quid at it but I want something people are gonna notice. I pay little attention to the stickers when I'm in Manchester. Every surface is covered with competition so select places would be good.

Like official building doors. Courthouses etc lol

2 people like this

i think its great idea and the stickerbomb one could have a qr code to change(dot)org or somewhere like that 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's an anonymous way to make a big noise. 

Nobody wants to listen to people handing out flyers and that makes you a target. 

I like the idea of this because it's a public voice that cannot be silenced.

You can take a sign down but another will go up. 

Hundreds. Nay. Thousands of signs to bombard the public to let them know how cruel and hypocritical this current policy is 

E2a. The election billoards letting people k ow snippets of what the conservatives were up to is what got me thinkng.

How many people saw those when the internet got hold of them. If people across the country do this that voice becomes greater than the sum of its speakers 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
4 people like this

2 people like this

Not sure how long you’ve been arround but do you remember operation overgrow? Must be 15+ years ago. Lots of people made seeds and planted them everywhere 1 spring. I sprinkled 1000s lol while most probably got eaten by birds some grew, there was a massive plant poking throu on a roundabout and some were found in the police stations planter lol made the tv news. Along with the stickers you got a campaign.

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

I certainly do @nl5 

Feed the birds was behind that wasn't it?

If something similar happened I would be well happy. 

It's all positive awareness 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
Birds not pigeons lol
3 people like this

Great idea, the public in general are (imo) supportive of this cause , billboards could punch above their weight in terms of advertising if the press took an interest , and maybe in the wake of the film that could happen .. I wonder how much a billboard costs to hire (I guess it depends on location ) but roughly like ? 

3 people like this

not gone down the the alfie route and cant use paint butlarge_5000.jpg

thought i would make the £££ value a supposed true reperesentaion of what it would be if i had 94000 kilo for sale and got caught by the government selling the same 

12 people like this

Love it mate. Now we just need three trucks lol

But seriously. It would certainly cause a stir if you could get three vans together. Hired or registered to safe people and have some big magnetic signs for the side and go make a noise in cities. 

That would certainly attract some attention 

I like the ideas folks 

3 people like this

Ring Boris Johnsons office and he'll have a red bus ready for stenciling .

1 person likes this

ive got a old transit but its short wheel based so we might have to shorten the grammer lol

5 people like this

Many years ago (in the 70's) a few of us got together and put together a simple A4 sheet with the Smokey Bears Manifesto (May 1980) at the time of this creation we’d been going for about 3 years and we’d had picnics, fly posted, picketed, graffitied and done stunts ‘til they were coming out of our ears, so it’s good that the picnics/smoke-ins still happen.

Remember, it doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you keep it in the public eye.

SMOKEY BEARS MANIFESTO OF MARIJUANA

Smokey Bears will take any and all action deemed necessary towards the LIBERATION of CANNABIS :-

1. To remove the classification of Cannabis as a dangerous drug, from the law and public opinion. Medical and social studies the world over show this classification to be a lie.

2. To take action against those who seek to restrict the growing, trading and use of the good herb and who suppress those involved in these activities. We are aware that while we run risks for Cannabis use and pay excessive prices – the peoples of Africa, Columbia, Morocco, Afghanistan, India etc., run far greater risks and receive a tiny proportion of what the Cannabis they grow, cure and press fetches on the markets of the western countries.

3. To publicly demonstrate OUR contempt for THEIR laws which seek to restrict the use of Cannabis. We will not be forced to hide – our Smoke Ins/Picnics are a celebration of the herb.

4.  To provide a common voice for all those who believe that Cannabis should be free from ANY legal or moral restraint. Smokey Bears do not have a membership – all people who share our ideas are Smokey Bears and we encourage any sort of individual or collective which advances these ideals, we produce an irregular magazine, STASH, full of info, opinions, pictures, prices etc,. – its pages are open to ALL.

5. To help make the Cannabis plant once more, indigenous to the British Isles – it can and will grow happily here. Many Bears have been seeding their neighbourhoods, the countryside and parks etc, towards this aim.

Bom Shiva :oldtoker:

11 people like this