Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FarmerPalmersNT

Nectar collector - anyone using them?

Looking at the newer nectar collectors that are out there. See there are quite a few quartz tipped ones now. Quite fancy one of the micro 10mm quartz ones for rosin dabbing. About a tenner from chinese sites. Seems much easier and less hassle than getting the rig out, and a good option for when I'm travelling. Anyone using a smaller one? 

nectar collectors are only good for the coffee table. You need a dedicated stand for it,or you can't put it down whilst hot,or without spilling the water. I don't think it would make a good traveller.

If I'm out and about I've got a hops jagito which is tiny,or a salt ripflask which is about 4 inches tall.I keep a glass roor jar I can put a hot banger into and both pieces are extremely pocket friendly.

to be honest the things which cause me issues are the little squeezy eliquid bottle full of DC glass cleaner,handful of q-tips and the dabber.I've lost countless expensive titanium dabbers out and about so eventually I got some which attach to a keyring which so don't keep having to replace them at 10-15 quid a pop

Posted (edited)

I think you are probably right mate. I've ordered one out of curiosity anyway. 

At the minute I'm using a weird chinese thing called a "Mr bald T". Basically a ceramic bowl with pancake coil. Its pretty good with rosin/dabs to be fair (shit with herb) and looks like an e cig from a distance, plus no messing about with liquids. Sometimes I take my yocan torch, but its a bit harsh when not on a rig and it does look dodgy!

I really like the look of the e-nail nectar collectors, but can't find a cheap tip and coil anywhere yet. They are all proper expensive, and I don't want to buy the whole kit.

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT

Posted (edited)

Just to update. It arrived, been using it to smoke rosin and its brilliant. You can lie it flat or whatever and it doesn't leak at all so no stand is needed. I've knocked one up out of an old stone, and a glass element from a torch lens for a dipping pot. I absolutely love it. Its so easy and zero hassle. I can fill the dipping pot with a good week's worth of rosin. For casual dabbing it's far easier than my other rigs. Not quite as nice as my enail and fab egg for flavour but an almost indiscernable difference. It's my go to for now. All I need is this and a torch. It's also zero waste as the actual tip does all the heating. 

Once you get used to it low temp dips are so easy. This one is tiny compared to most I've seen. It's a 10mm joint, the tip is about 8mm across and the whole thing is about the size of a board marker. 

Get one!! 

large.20180408_202352-476x736.jpg

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT

The benefit of the stone is  I can put it in the fridge or freezer and it keeps the rosin cooler and more stable. Holder is an old rifle case. Ignore my stoned doodling, wife left a gold magic marker around and I was wrecked!!