Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Magicmunchietree

Glass jars V brown paper bags

26 posts in this topic

Dishwasher is your friend for cleaning the kilners.

sparkly and fresh as new

Posted (edited)

wrong thread 

Edited by doobie01

I trim and throw my nugs (straight off the plant) into a brown paper bag for 3-4 days then jar.

As others have said I would hazard a guess that long term storage in paper bags would lead to excessively dry product, unless you live in a high humidity area. 

Hang to dry > strip the stems and transfer to paper bags for the last of the drying > place the buds in Douwe Egberts jars with Boveda 62% humidity packs 

I strip all fan leaf and non resiny leaf off. Rubber gloves, plant on a raised platform and you can strip a plant in a few mins.

After that, I hang in the tent, 70 ish, humidity goes down to about 50 maybe less. Plants dry in aound 10 days.

I'm Dowe Egbert myself, not THE Dowe, just appreciate the fine jars they have the coffee in. I store my smoke in a few jars and the stash is just left to cure in a big plastic container.

I manicure the buds as I smoke them. Sometimes, if I need some hash, I'll manicure some stashed buds and crush up any lower bud. I do not get a lot of lower bud, most is tight nuggets.

Now and again, for the hell of it, I'll crush up some buds to make hash. Afterwards, its great for BHO.

I rarely use my bubble bags. I do a dry sift in there sometimes. Just load your material in a freezer inside the bubble bags. Shake lightly for a min or two and voila, no need to hang about whilst the bags drain :)

On 09/03/2018 at 10:31 PM, MyDisplayName2000 said:

I do also store in a famous brand Coffee Jar. Dowe Egbert. These are almost designed for the home grower to store his or her buds in. I bet if someone put a cannabis leaf design on these jars they would sell for a few quid. Trouble is, the Mrs is not that happy I've collected about 15 of the medium size ones and have a couple of the big ones.

Haha! I started collecting these bad boys up a couple of months ago thinking they'd be great for this job :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Werewolves_are_rad

They are great jars. The lid is airtight and there is almost an elegance in the simple design.

People even sell them on after use. Check out fleabay, plenty there. The 190g jar seems most popular but I have one or two of the real big ones, the classic 400g.

The shame of it is, they do not do a kilo jar :)

After the 400g, I think its just catering containers, cardboard, metalish lining and plastic lid.

Was getting the 400g jar at ten quid from some membership store. Worth joining as that was cheapest I ever found. Should have stocked up but I have two of them.

PS, Dowe Egberts 400g can be had for £8.99. Its a decent coffee. Jar is made for us :)

Edited by MyDisplayName2000

Just to add a third option....

I'm looking at a stainless steel airtight paint brush cleaning vessel for curing and storage. Around 4 inches high and 3 wide. They don't let in light, have a seal similar to a kilner-style jar, and the insert provides a space at the bottom for both air circulation in the jar as well as being able to modify it with some micron screen for collecting trichs. Figure can throw the latches on and give it a good shake perhaps saving the time in dry sifting everything. 

Mulling this over at the moment, any thoughts?

1 person likes this

1 person likes this

You would never guess but i use Glass Jars :)

Atb

JJ

jars all the way for me for a proper cure.. don't forget to burp the jars for the first month or so.. for best results (burb is when you open the lid for an hour every day or so for sweet tasting weed)..