Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iGrow420710

First time grow, 4x4 tent, can’t decide which led to get

As already mentioned I can’t decide what LEDs to go for. Looking at kind led, advanced platinum led or optics led.. also thinking if I should go with 1 big one or 2 smaller ones

Any help would be high appreciated 

P.s sorry if this is in the wrong place

Any reason you want LED?

1 person likes this

To keep heat down and electricity bill low. LED is the future aswell 

5 minutes ago, iGrow420710 said:

LED is the future aswell 

May well be, but now is the present!

2 people like this

There are plenty of folk using LEDs so I'd read up on what they are using.

I'm sure someone will answer you soon with a specific brand.

Others might perhaps encourage you to go with a 315w CMH or even a digital ballast which can switch from 250w up to 600.

If put on the spot I'd say its easier with a dimmable HPS ballast.

But, its entirely your choice.

Good luck either way.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, iGrow420710 said:

To keep heat down and electricity bill low. LED is the future aswell 

it makes no odds to the electricity bill mate, a watts a watt, it doesn't matter what kind of light its from, its all charged at the same rate....

1 person likes this

i just use a 300w china special in my 60x60 tent and has done a nice job so far :smokin:

What would you guys advise I do? Kind led? Advanced platinum led? 

Posted (edited)

Black Dog LED all the way and ive only got a small one (heard it all before lol)

Had great results from Mars Hydros to so don't let people put them down,they're good for beginners and will see you through to the point where you won't need to ask what lighting you want as you'll know.

Black Dog LED is F*****g expensive but built to a quality standard not a price like most. In fact if you go on the website they have some good research around the use of LED so even if you don't buy one it's quite an interesting read.

Edited by Badbadger

1 hour ago, Badbadger said:

Black Dog LED all the way and ive only got a small one (heard it all before lol)

Had great results from Mars Hydros to so don't let people put them down,they're good for beginners and will see you through to the point where you won't need to ask what lighting you want as you'll know.

Black Dog LED is F*****g expensive but built to a quality standard not a price like most. In fact if you go on the website they have some good research around the use of LED so even if you don't buy one it's quite an interesting read.

I done my research on black dog not a fan of them read a few bits that weren’t to supportive on them but I’ll give them a look over again, I may have to just start with mars hydro. I really don’t know where to start with the lights 

Kind led vs black dog 

What about HLG 550? or a couple of their 260W DIY Kits?

I am thinking of putting 2x p600 into a 4x4 tent. This should be very good setup or overkill you think? 

Anyone heard of Enlite Sundisk?