Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Autofatman

Led or something else ?

25 posts in this topic

Hello growers! 

I'm hoping on some information on LEDs as I've never used one before and thinking of buying one. 

I'm setting up a 2.4 x1.2m tent with a 600w HP's in the one side but for heat reasons I'm thinking of going for a marshydro 2 1600 in the other side for 4 plants . As it's a big one with alot of power and looking for a good crop!

If anyone could advise me on if it worth getting this for the money £300. Or trying something else ?

Atb guys! 

Thanks Fatman! 

For the money you could buy a bigger Extraction fan and filter to run 2 x 600w hps. Not dissing Led lol i use em lol

3 people like this

What he said  ^^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys! 

But I have to extract into the loft as no chimney or anything to vent outside. Also a copper lives next door lollollol , been doing for over a year with no problems but don't want to light the place up with 2 going lol , it's vented soffit but too risky with 2 going . Also the walls are paper thin so don't want to big extraction going haha 

Atb guys! What's the best led for coin also boys? 

Edited by Autofatman

The claims being made about LED lights producing less heat would defy the laws of thermodynamics if true.

The best LED grows I have seen reasonably convincing evidence of are yeilding about 30 percent more plant matter per watt - for seriously high-end COB units. (Greengenes garden on Youtube)

The cheaper units seem to be roughly equivalent.

This recent paper doesn't find very much difference :-

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0099010

Bottom line is buy another HPS for £70 and fix your ventilation with the money you saved.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, JamJar said:

For the money you could buy a bigger Extraction fan and filter to run 2 x 600w hps. Not dissing Led lol i use em lol

Agreed, LEDs have their place, but lighting a big space isn't one of them. 

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Muppet said:

but lighting a big space isn't one of them. 

If you have alot of money i think it would change things though lol

1 person likes this

Cheers boys but.. won't a marshydro 2 1600 be good enough then? For the 1.2 x 1.2 m space ? 

It's just I got heat issues and need something diff bit will be powerful for a good yeild. 

What sort of kit would you boys use for this situation if it using LEDs ?

Atb!

Only 4x4 ?

Get a parabolic reflector for your existing lamp.

2 people like this

oops misread ... so you need a second 600 watt HPS and two parabolic reflectors.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thank you pal! In a 2.4x1.2m tent would a 6inch on Max be okay? Or 2 6inch filters hooked up on to a 8inch fan with a duct splitter ?  Like a Y

Atb man 

Edited by Autofatman

@Autofatman Not saying the chinese blurples wouldnt do it.. They will work but if you have it sitting next to a 600w hps ur going to See a big difference and probably fall for the hps lol

If i had the time and money i would make a custom Cob LED for that size 

Atb

JJ

2 people like this

@JamJar morning buddie . 

Thank you for that! So your saying just run 2 600w? 

I'm going too do that I guess bud or drop the one side to a 400w .

Just dno what to do haha!

Atb JJ! 

Are the two sides at different stages of growth ?

1 person likes this

@cultivateur hi bud , I'm planning this for my next grow buddie as wanting as much information as possible as never used such a big tent lol