Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Solly

Omega 315w CDM lighting

Hi just wondering if anyone has any experience using this bit of kit.  I'm thinking of buying one for my veg room.  Are they any good? And will it be ok for vegging?   I can get the whole kit for under £200 including a wide angled high output reflector with a full spectrum 3k lamp .  Any feedback will be most appreciated. Cheers

1 person likes this

pay the extra 25-40 for the maxibright better kit all round .

also i would go for the shade made specially for 315 li,ke the sunsystems one .

2 people like this

I am considering the maxibright version too but omega offer a 5 year warranty on their model which I think is great.  I would love to hear from someone who has actually got the omega model and how it performs.  Like I mentioned its the 5 year warranty that makes me want to go with the omega model. I can't decide between the omega or maxibright. 

1+  on avoiding the omega & go with a maxibright instead.

3 people like this

Isn't there a thread somewhere (or is it buried in the main CDM thread) regarding how the Omega ballasts aren't providing the correct output for the lamps and are frying them? Might be wrong though :smokin:

had an omega and maxibright for a couple of years use the omega mainly for veg as it has dimming function.

although as been said would go with the maxibright unless u need dimming function

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Ergot said:

Isn't there a thread somewhere (or is it buried in the main CDM thread) regarding how the Omega ballasts aren't providing the correct output for the lamps and are frying them? Might be wrong though :smokin:

that's not the Omega's, they're just chucking it, the ballasts your thinking about are the Dimlux one's, they're blowing philips lamps after a while.

Posted (edited)

I think someone posted about the omega breaking the bulb when it was dimmed while still hot, i think the need to be off and cool before a restrike at a different wattage unlike hps which will dim while on. 

Maxibright is the one to go for on a budget as they similar price to omega but much better reports plus they are paired with the philips bulbs. I think the retail at about 200 with the bulb and conversion fitting. Still too steep for me tho low and im waiting inpatiently for a price drop

Edited by cocopips
3 people like this

I looked at all the options and decided Lumii Solars are the cheapest way into the CMH game, love my two! 

2 people like this

After much consideration I have decided to go with the Maxibright as it seems to be the most popular choice amongst those that are using CMH lighting. Thanks for your input guys :)

1 person likes this