Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

glynca100

Liquid Sea Weed

Hello all 

What is the preferred Sea Weed that you guys use, I’ve been using Shropshire Sea Weed but I was thinking of changing to Maxicrop when I need to get more .. just wondering which is most popular?

I changed from maxicrop to shropshire and I use a few gallons a year, I wont go back but maxicrop will probably be more popular as it is widely available

1 person likes this

Makes me wonder whether there is an easy way of just collecting seaweed and making up some sort of fertiliser with it?

When I first began growing, it was John Innes no 3 with a few extras thrown in such as powdered seaweed, worm castings, guano and some perlite also.

Over the years, the best additive to soil that I have found is simple worm castings. I've grew pots with it and pots without. Those with it always tend to bloom healthier and need less nutes.

Seaweed is there for the taking (in small amounts, I know there are laws) and in my mind, I wonder if grabbing some dried up seaweed, washing it, and putting it in a blender might throw up some kind of decent fertiliser? I'll grab a bunch next time I head towards the coast.

1 person likes this

@MyDisplayName2000 Not read it in a while    

3 people like this

i made a mad experiment once where i mooshed up fresh seaweed in a blender, wierd sea bugs and all, then one load i bubbled in a a bucket, the other i left in a dijohn to rot a bit, they both worked, used it on the clematis and now its an effing monster.

3 people like this

I use Vitax if I need to get some local. 

I use kelp/seaweed meal, just premix with water a few hours before you want to use it...or just sprinkle some onto the soil and water in :naughty:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I use Wilko own brand liquid sea weed (as an approximate equivalent to the previously used Canna Rhizotonic)

Eta to credit @Guerrillerowith the tip..

Edited by Billy2Hats
1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Jimboo said:

@MyDisplayName2000 Not read it in a while    

Fantastic guide! Hope the Mrs will be ok with a few binbags of seaweed in the boot when we next go to the localish beaches.

Also read somewhere that cannabis originated underwater, I guess we all did, but supposedly THC and CBD were around when we were just some sort of fish.