Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zen-ken

Remo Chemo in DWC

283 posts in this topic

I find the Koi breeding guys in Japan are a great resource for DO experiments (with a pinch of salt.....too small bubbles dont effect the plants but can build up in the swim bladder of fish??..... i think??).

Its so key to their breeding programs that most of them have fantastically expensive and accurate DO meters and do most of the experimentation for us. (they value efficiency above all else). 

The general consensus from them is waterfalls produce the most DO @ a height of three feet or above bar none....

Hardly practical for our applications with height and sound restrictions so then flumes come second......then air-stones.

Im just so greedy for DO I use all of them....(the venturi will be going in the next build cause im a tart - Im the twat at the lake/sea with the latest delkims, Century rods and shimano reels - doesnt catch me anymore fish but I look fucking good doing it lollollol)

lollollollol

4 people like this

@zen-ken thanks for the info man it's much appreciated:yep:

I'm really tight on my budget and thought the alien parts were reasonably priced, I was just going after the smaller system with 20 litre buckets and 32mm pipe:yes:

I costed it up on the alien site at £129 for everything not including water pump, air pump and large res tank, I have air stones and the air pump already;)

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Crentz

Great little system that.....still think the air pump is too small (you have that covered tho) and the connections are too small....I would get those as big as I could....50mm minimum (80 - 100mm is ideal as to not interfere with the undercurrent you are trying to create).....when the roots fill the pot they get sucked up by the 32mm and reduce undercurrent considerably..... I have tried tights, metal mesh, plastic mesh (the roots just grab the mesh and make it worse lol).....the only thing that works well is a strategically placed airstone by the exit.

Use a 19mm return pipe with filter (please use the filter - it recently saved me a very expensive pump and my crop)

Also connecting fittings to round buckets is unnecessary and problematic.....look at what changes he made to the pro to improve it.

(we had a BIG argument over the phone over this.... over 10 years ago when he brought out the first one and b4 the pro - it was perfect he claimed....what the fuck did I know, I'm a nobody and do one - well more than you at the time obviously as you changed it you arrogant personage!!!!!!)

square buckets with root viewing holes, bigger air pumps, better diffusers , 4inch connectors moved to the very bottom of the pots and the return from the chiller waterfalls now, control tap and filter. (i also use a 2400 litre pump instead of the 600 provided - the tap restricts if necessary and spray bars keep it in check)

We are not allowed to post offsite recommendations or I would point you towards this irrigation site I use and let your creative imagination run wild. (he is cheap as fuck and its mostly all koi pond fittings - I like fish marked boxes turning up....keeps the neighbours off the scent).

I still use alien for pipe (i like the green alien logo's on it and  like I say they deliver here the next day)....not slagging them per say.

The first time you connect a bulkhead to a round bucket you think why is it not square??? this would be so much easier on a flat rather than curved surface.....all my leaks have come from this problem.

Good luck bro and I suspect if you do go down this route you will be advising me before very long....they are addictive as hell cause you can keep modding them and require a little artistry to run.

The yanks and dutch have got this on the edge....the youtube videos badbillybob has on his feed show just how easy this system can be and a quick search of inter web.......the results speak for themselves.

Join us on the dark side :starwars: then you can utter these words "

lol :yep: :starwars:

Edited by zen-ken
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

When dialled in....you know the strain better than your own hand....and no problems

I hit a GPW with this system without breaking a sweat...the most i did was a HGK clone (there is a beast pheno that just gives and gives) that hit 26 oggles and a killer skunk clone (the bog brush one) that hit the same 6-7 oggles per plant !!!!!!!!

I have even managed 20 with blue cheese.......but normally get around the 19 mark.

Edited by zen-ken
3 people like this

large.remochemo1.jpglarge.remochemo2.jpg

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Look at the difference now I have the NPK levels in a better ratio ....24 hours difference.

They have also laughed at my 1.4 E.C and have dropped it in eight hours to 1.3.....PH is rising again - not dropping.......gonna leave it till tomorrow and see if they hammer it anymore.

If they keep taking the piss out of my 1.4 the 1.6 is coming out next week lol lol

Nicer problems to have 

Much love, great health and happiness to you and yours 

Ken

:oldtoker::oldtoker::oldtoker:

Edited by zen-ken
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, zen-ken said:

If they keep taking the piss out of my 1.4 the 1.6 is coming out next week lol lol

This is wrong...wont take them to 1.6 at all.....I will increase the PK ratio with the platinum.....its not higher EC they need is it???....im looking at this from the wrong angle....dam chemo brain :wallbash::wallbash: repeat...less is more....less is more :wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by zen-ken
1 person likes this

I have taken them as far as 1.4 and they didn't like it at all, they slowed down on the uptake of nutrients. 

This strain really doesn't like a lot of nutrients mate, with other strains I'll change out the nutrients on a Sunday then top off with just base nutrients during the week, with these Remo I've just been topping off with RO during the week:yep:

When you hit them hard with nutrients they don't seem to get leaf tip burn that easy also so you might not think your over doing them;)

Thanks for the advice on the rdwc system man, I'd love to run the square buckets with bigger pipes but I just can't seem to find those square buckets anywhere. 

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Crentz said:

I have taken them as far as 1.4 and they didn't like it at all, they slowed down on the uptake of nutrients. 

This strain really doesn't like a lot of nutrients mate, with other strains I'll change out the nutrients on a Sunday then top off with just base nutrients during the week, with these Remo I've just been topping off with RO during the week:yep:

When you hit them hard with nutrients they don't seem to get leaf tip burn that easy also so you might not think your over doing them;)

Thanks for the advice on the rdwc system man, I'd love to run the square buckets with bigger pipes but I just can't seem to find those square buckets anywhere. 

I am starting to notice a little tip burn :unsure:.....so will keep them away from 1.4 as you advise.....this was the old EC pen fuck up.... I was running probably 0.4 higher than I thought I was.

I have a new bluelab now that I know is reading right so hope I haven't done too much damage...TBH im surprised I have got this far with all the changes/fuck ups I have made this run lollol

Have a search for 'really useful boxes'.....the pro ones look really really useful....ikea has some interesting shaped stacking boxes...others are available.

:yep:

2 people like this

There's always something that goes wrong each Grow:D

There's a company called idrolabhydroponics in Italy that does a really nice system with all quality parts but it's mad expensive, I've been trying to get them to just sell me all the plastics. 

They wanted €500 for a two bucket system with header pot with everything else included but I'm not that flush:mellow:

I'm going to start building a 6 site aeroponics system for the 2x2 tent soon, just waiting on parts to be delivered, I be able to get the plants ready for the 4x4 tent with this little system and it wil also double up as a cloner.;)

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Crentz said:

There's always something that goes wrong each Grow:D

There's a company called idrolabhydroponics in Italy that does a really nice system with all quality parts but it's mad expensive, I've been trying to get them to just sell me all the plastics. 

They wanted €500 for a two bucket system with header pot with everything else included but I'm not that flush:mellow:

I'm going to start building a 6 site aeroponics system for the 2x2 tent soon, just waiting on parts to be delivered, I be able to get the plants ready for the 4x4 tent with this little system and it wil also double up as a cloner.;)

I was toying with the idea of using two oxypots XL and configuring them myself for RDWC....they do there own version but like you I have the main bits and just want the totes so I can make it to my specification.....

Like you say tho....for what you need it for ...... it couldn't be anymore ideal for your needs (imo) :yep: the explosive growth is fantastic for cloning (ime)

Spray it with nitrozyme and hack them girls up for babies.

Edited by zen-ken
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Crentz said:

Just had a look....she is a sexy beast tho isn't she :yep: 

Man likes.....a lot... if they do give up the buckets let me know please 

Edited by zen-ken
3 people like this

Yeah the idrolab is a solid system, I think I like it more than the current culture system:yep:

I picked up 20 micro spray mister heads for the aeroponics system, from looking at other builds I seen the mister heads bust out a lot more roots compared to the normal micro spray heads:yes:

Have a 1500lph water pump and 3 inch net pots on the way too, just need half inch pvc pipe to build the enterals;)

2 people like this

Great to see this grow back in track and the tent is looking lush :yep:

Love the hydro chatter and I do like that some of us still make our own system instead if buying one if the shelf :bong:

Your going to be able to dial the system to your specific needs and your system is rocking. If your hitting that gram per watt with good quality don't change a thing. I would now focus on strain selection to smash that g/watt rate :bong:

With Remo. I agree that the ec should stay at 1.2-1.4ec. Anything above looks to hinder nutrient take up which as you know could cause some issues which at this stage would be a real shame  :)

Keep it at 1.4 mate then start to dial back as harvest approaches.

So far I'm liking what I see and can't wait to see these girls really fatten up :)

All the best 

Mark.. 

3 people like this

Thank you as always guys....Your help,advice and encouragement has been, and continues to be a source of great joy to me.

:yep:

Had a bit of weekend of it...so didn't check anything for 36 hrs odd......went to the tent expecting the PH to have dropped to 5 and ph risen to 2 or something terrifying....

Was pleasantly surprised ....the EC had stood firm 1.3....PH dropped to 5.5 but not dangerously low...the top up res has dropped a lot.......(i still cant get my head round why the PH keeps going down but E.C dropping?)

Topped up with silicon and of it goes again....

Gonna do a water change tomorrow instead of today as Im still a little fragile lol :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Taking all of your advice I'm going for 1.4 EC 5.8PH at the change....neat water in the top up res.....less silver bullet this time.

Roughly Im thinking:

(Background EC 0.0)

PM DWC A + B 0.5ml/litre

Calmag 0.25ml/litre

Hydrosilicon 0.1ml/litre (want to cut this a little to make room for the PK)

PM Platinium PK 9-18 0.3 ml\litre

Splash of acid

A small pray :thumsup:

1 person likes this