Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sarahnya

Best Portable Vape

87 posts in this topic

@golf.007 thanks fior the candid answer.... I think you really got what I wanted to know.... looks like vaping isn't gonna be the joint replacement device that I hoped it might be.

BUT.... you said 'most' and 'portables'....... so is there a home unit that will get me where I want to be.....?

bear in mind I dunno if I can deal with sucking from a plastic bag, and I am not big on concentrates just yet....

BHO and QUISO sound great but dangerous.... and expensive purge eqpt etc.

then roisin looks lovely, all that goo squeezing out, but again, the equipment etc. and someone said something adverse about having to use temperature to extract as it will get rid of some of the terps.... 

and someone elso went on about how you have to use it qiuck as it oxidises???

I'd prefer to have something that does the whole bud.

I'm guessing you're gonna say Flowerpot, Volcano or VapeXhale..... but what about the Mighty, Plenty and possibly the Fierce  (if they ever stop moving the release date forwards) as handhelds?

I'm also guessing that a unit with a bigger chamber and a mix of convection and conduction is perhaps gonna get the speed of extraction up to a high level?

Thanks for taking the time Bro... much appreciated!

Edited by teehee

Have a look at the Vapcap, it's the nearest vape to smoking a joint that I've found. It is also tiny, indestructible and fairly cheap

1 hour ago, Mr blue said:

Have a look at the Vapcap, it's the nearest vape to smoking a joint that I've found. It is also tiny, indestructible and fairly cheap

I'll second that... Love my dynavap. It's the only vape that has stopped me smoking Js

1 person likes this

i have a dynavap too, i like it, very robust and all you need is a lighter, is easy to fill too. As someone else said, you can adjust the temp by how long you hold the flame to the vapcap, with oil i smear it on the inner edge of the bowl and then heat it for about 2-3 seconds extra, that works nice.

I have a cloud evo and that is reliable and solid, but for out and about the dynavap is smart.

1 person likes this

On 03/04/2018 at 7:36 AM, mollski said:

Golf.007 

Thanks for the reply and photo, it looks well small but nice, so your pleased with it then, can you not get them in the UK yet then? 

Many thanks for photo much appreciated

How are people getting on with Healthy Rips fierce bow uts been out a while. Also where can I get one in the UK with the glass pipe? 

I've gone through a few vaporisers over the years, settled on the mighty now by storz & bickel. Hits hard, battery lasts a long time, the capsules are so handy and keeps the chamber clean. Easy to get adapter for use with bubblers, works well with hash, oil, flowers.

The price is the only negative I can think of but I waited ages for one to come up on evilBay for a decent price and eventually snagged one for £160 with a Load of extras which I thinks more than reasonable.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, OLaC said:

The price is the only negative I can think of

That would apply to my suggestion too.  Can't talk about the present offering - the Firefly 2 - but my FF1 has been giving me great service for four years now.

large.5d0d3077395e5_FF1andmountains.jpg

Bought an Underdog log vape at about the same time so the FF is only used for away missions.  It's on it's second battery but fine appart from that.

Which, sort of leads us into..

On 30/09/2018 at 8:31 AM, teehee said:

so is there a home unit that will get me where I want to be.....?

A bit off topic, but while we're here..

I'd certainly recommend a log.  Loved my UD so much I started building logs.  Here's a recent one.  It's made from sycamore cut during clearance for overhead power lines near my home.

large.5d0d316ed8a81_System7.jpg

Made a matching stem for it too :)

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Amaethon said:

A bit off topic, but while we're here..

I'd certainly recommend a log.  Loved my UD so much I started building logs.  Here's a recent one.  It's made from sycamore cut during clearance for overhead power lines near my home.

large.5d0d316ed8a81_System7.jpg

Made a matching stem for it too :)

That's a lovely looking piece mate, I have an enano I use at home, it's been going strong for at least five years now, so I highly recommend a log vape as a home unit too.

2 people like this

Got a new mighty this week and loving it. I still live with my parents who don’t approve of ganja so I can vape in my room again now :rofl::rofl: 

One of the main selling points is the filling tool which I havnt seen anything similar on other vapes. 

Anyone know if there is vapes with filling tool or equivalent. 

Thanks to the filling tool, in the past, ive been able to vape in airports and Eurostar and other places. 

1 person likes this

Hi  Still not decided on a vape, mostly because of the high prices for what folk seem to think are best.  Just been looking at the Dynavap M2019 or the Nonavong.  These get great reviews and come in around £65.  They are not battery operated you heat up with a butane lighter.  Does anyone have any experience of these please?  Are they seen as inferior to battery operated devices? 

On 02/03/2018 at 8:49 PM, Egzoset said:

Salutations Just Sprouted,

It helps to understand how things work instead of relying on popular opinions biased by emotional attachment resulting from stressful spending sometimes.

First an ex-smoker should just avoid "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers", those ain't emulating the cigarette/"joint" format at all, instead YOU adapt to products built around components conveniently available to lazy designers, on the contrary...  It's not even a matter of quality manufacturing:  a "Release/Transport Agent" made of hot dry air only is simply wrong, not to mention its associated ovenizer concepts that result in "baking" is also wrong - unless you need to decarboxylate perhaps.

In the cigarette scenario there's containment performed by a wall of paper revolving on itself to seal the path while held by glue.  There's no effort made to separate toxic self-vilifying combustion compounds from noble molecules, everything gets collected as a single stream while the paper/glue wall gets progressively consumed as well...  In addition a cigarette must be kept lit which means part of the precious stuff is lost between 2 tokes...

Smoking provides the unique characteristic smell of burnt "weed" but this comes at the price i've just refered to, by chance i found there's a viable alternative after years of personal investigation combined to some consequent spending destroying pipes, giving a few more as gift in hope to collect some hints from eventual feedback.  Etc.  That's the trade-off with vaporization, you loose the well-known odor in exchange for a much healthier consumption method and ritual.

In a cigarette hot gases happen to "potentialize" the Release/Transport Agent which is not equivalent to Hot Dry Air alone.  In my solution those toxic compounds are replaced by a harmless amount of H2O and CO2 collected from the corona of a butane flame, from a blue torch actually, because yellow butane flames ain't as clean.  A more potent Release/Transport Agent gives access to "Micro-Dosage" where minute amounts of cannabis still generate a rich spectrum of released goodies - without the harmful exhaust of combustion.  A venerable Volcano, for example, eliminates combustion too though this type of device actually requires large amounts of cannabis combined to its ovenizing action.  The illusion is great until someday an individual with sensitive airways will realize that something is missing, on top of being submitted to a ritual promoting abuse short of obsessions focussed on a balloon for long minutes.  Etc., etc...  At that point you've got to decide which of you or the manufacturer is best served by such deals.

In opposition, a "1-Hitter" offering time-compressed experiences assorted with relatively fast cooling-off delays would help reduce baking and yet support rich aroma/taste appreciation from delicate fragrances liberated during the 2 ~ 3 first tokes, then an opportunity to extract the rest which usually resides in higher temperatures using a thermostatic model as the Volcano.  Instead of 300 mg bowls i only require ~125 mg now to obtain the satisfaction i seek, with an option to exploit access to non-decarbozylated THC which happens to offer valuable anti-inflamatory properties, if you need that...

My daily tool has been tweaked to emulate the toking of a cigarette without a self-poisoning counterpart, instead of promoting dysfunctional abuse recentering the universe on fancy/expensive paraphernalia for long minutes i'm lucky to get a real option just to forget my pipe where i put it and yet not being worried that i may bake noble molecules while not ready for my next toke.  Because it cools-off quick anyway.

Now here's the best aspect of it.  My pipe is built after working on a VaporGenie as my "Prototyping Platform";  it was chosen for its efficient use of Silicon Carbide foam which proved most appropriate for the task once combined to simple metal and even wood...  Years of patient work allowed me to fine tune the manufacturer's patented concept until i could verify the virtues of "Micro-Bursting" where "adiabatic approximation" helps to avoid overheating outside/around the bowl.  That means heat has no time to propagate much, while a Hot Dry Air Ovenizer needs to thermalized evenly...  In other words it's possible not to waste energy that only results in nuisance excess heat, which in turn explains why it's so expensive to implement popular products:  they're fundamentally flawed by design!

Etc., etc., etc...

Ah, and a last argument in favour of my favorite scenario:  it's based on Inlet Self-Moisturization since there's water vapour distributed across the whole path.  The thing is it's that water which made me search until i got there, because my sensitive airways require it.  Otherwise i'd be back to abstainance, to be honest.  In comparison Hot Dry Air Ovenizers can trigger discomfort that gets worse with passing weeks, or months, until bizarre symptoms like allergy start to develop...  Personally i've experienced it all starting with sored eyes, cauphing, rafale sneezing and skin rashes.  A few years later it's all under control thanks to inlet water combined to "Micro-Dosage" (e.g. via "mithridatism"), and the pipe is really affordable even after including the cost of customization.  With potential for a "next-step" improvement i called "Plan-A" and that is based on electro-magnetic Induction Heat, because my Hybrid Core proved compatible with a self-moisturized Release/Transport Agent while electricity as in polular devices is NOT - hence a true reluctance observed on the manufacturer's side who persist in failing to account for the human physiology of their clent$ who would find those products more "inclusive" if their own personal need for moisture in the path were respected when it comes to vaporizing cannabis exactly.

The VG "Classic" look Aluminium tastes best, the Bronze Sherlock is more intuitive and the "Classic" wood proved most affordable.  Visit my modest pictures gallery for details or just ask Google Images for some keywords as:

Egzoset "Micro-Bursting" "LavaCapsule"

large.5a8bd4bbb8d82_EgzosetsFullCust.Classic-styleAluVGPipe-MatingJunction(2016-Oct-20)300x300.PNG

large.5a99b3a886e26_EgzosetsCust.VGPipesuggestedcfg.(2018-Jan-30)640x640.PNG

large.5a8bdb638953b_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe-Year7Aroma-Tastesetup(2018-Feb-15)640x500.PNG

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

I feel like I've leveled up in my weed toking knowledge after reading that lot

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Salutations Sarahnya,

10 hours ago, Sarahnya said:

I feel like I've leveled up in my weed toking knowledge after reading that lot

Oh, well thank you!!  It's a slow never-ending reflexion which i much prefer to review in diaporama rather than text, personally, yet there's been significant progress made over the last few months so maybe now would be suitable time to recap with some brief update...

For example this was nearly 3 years ago:

large.5d151e289655a_EgzosetsLavaWandPlan-BCapsuleConcept(2016-Sep-1).PNG

...then this is now:

large.5d15152f14492_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe-PreviewonTransitiontoLAVACapsule-Assym_Assy.(2019-Jun-27)300x400.PNG

N. B.:  a complement in pictures is available in my album titled as follows:  "Plan-B" (Bi-Energy IH compatible) Prototyping Platform.

:B):

My complete All-Metal Near-Symetrical Reversible Capsule (made of 2 Full-Length Aluminium Tops and a thick Outlet ("fumet") Bowl-Ring / IH-mode Flux Concentrator...) weights ~90 g, while an early estimation for one pair of 17-Holes Metal Discs amounted to 1.5 g as i recall.  That's a major weight difference where core discs behaving as susceptors in an electromagnetic pulse-mode Induction Heat scenario don't even represent 2 % of a capsule's total weight...  So, i'm quite confident that in absence of thermalization those tiny wireless heaters shall reach their target temperature in good time before heat dissipation threatens to cause discomfort if/when held using exposed fingers, euh...  But i must admit i'm still in the process of perfecting "Plan-B" 1st, not to mention my present IH-driven "Micro-Bursting" alternative still fails to offer Inlet Water for self-conditioning and potentialization;  yet no doubt remains in my mind it's a lot more satisfying for an ex-smoker as myself than to watch balloons get inflated for 2 ~ 3 minutes at a stratospheric cost.

:wassnnme:

The last 4 months proved necessary just to gain sufficient perspective on what type of "universal" Screw-Base mating system i'd want to promote from now on for the Classic (wood/alu.) and Bronze Sherlock handles, genuine or customized:

large.5d20d0ab8ad47_EgzosetsUniversal2-PathsOn-TopCore-PinHoleSystem(2019-Mar-24)300x400.PNG

Actually it was meant to remain fall-back compatible in order to accomodate all those VG handles the "LEGO style", while making provisions for Bi-Energy (e.g. butane and/or IH modes, even simultaneously during a same single toke!):

large.5d1514b609142_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe-PreviewonTransitiontoLAVACapsule-OutletCollector(2019-Jun-27)480x400.PNG

It appears my physiology really expects the moisture this much!  :D

That whole "LAVA" concept should give access to precision "Micro-Dosing" and continue to accomodate those like me who value the benefit of Inlet Water from clean-burning butane;  it's also extending inclusivity to visually-impared/blind and/or 1-handed persons by solving the problem of exposed skin vs heat sources:  energy gets injected/stored deep inside and a huge metal shell depletes the residual/temporary heat charge before it may risk to justify any serious safety concerns - at least in principle so far, as i yet got to make the switch to "Plan-A".

Meanwhile i'm able to testify the gentle warmth feels soothing in the hand and hence my enthousiasm can only grow at the idea of replacing those cynlinders with aluminium spheres almost promissing a near-organic experience, eventually...  Etc., etc.

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

Edited by Egzoset