Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sarahnya

Best Portable Vape

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Salutations Just Sprouted,

On 3/1/2018 at 8:13 AM, Sarahnya said:

I've currently got a Davinci Ascent but I find I have to use a lot of material to get high as opposed to smoking. 

Is there anything more efficient put there now? 

It helps to understand how things work instead of relying on popular opinions biased by emotional attachment resulting from stressful spending sometimes.

First an ex-smoker should just avoid "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers", those ain't emulating the cigarette/"joint" format at all, instead YOU adapt to products built around components conveniently available to lazy designers, on the contrary...  It's not even a matter of quality manufacturing:  a "Release/Transport Agent" made of hot dry air only is simply wrong, not to mention its associated ovenizer concepts that result in "baking" is also wrong - unless you need to decarboxylate perhaps.

In the cigarette scenario there's containment performed by a wall of paper revolving on itself to seal the path while held by glue.  There's no effort made to separate toxic self-vilifying combustion compounds from noble molecules, everything gets collected as a single stream while the paper/glue wall gets progressively consumed as well...  In addition a cigarette must be kept lit which means part of the precious stuff is lost between 2 tokes...

Smoking provides the unique characteristic smell of burnt "weed" but this comes at the price i've just refered to, by chance i found there's a viable alternative after years of personal investigation combined to some consequent spending destroying pipes, giving a few more as gift in hope to collect some hints from eventual feedback.  Etc.  That's the trade-off with vaporization, you loose the well-known odor in exchange for a much healthier consumption method and ritual.

In a cigarette hot gases happen to "potentialize" the Release/Transport Agent which is not equivalent to Hot Dry Air alone.  In my solution those toxic compounds are replaced by a harmless amount of H2O and CO2 collected from the corona of a butane flame, from a blue torch actually, because yellow butane flames ain't as clean.  A more potent Release/Transport Agent gives access to "Micro-Dosage" where minute amounts of cannabis still generate a rich spectrum of released goodies - without the harmful exhaust of combustion.  A venerable Volcano, for example, eliminates combustion too though this type of device actually requires large amounts of cannabis combined to its ovenizing action.  The illusion is great until someday an individual with sensitive airways will realize that something is missing, on top of being submitted to a ritual promoting abuse short of obsessions focussed on a balloon for long minutes.  Etc., etc...  At that point you've got to decide which of you or the manufacturer is best served by such deals.

In opposition, a "1-Hitter" offering time-compressed experiences assorted with relatively fast cooling-off delays would help reduce baking and yet support rich aroma/taste appreciation from delicate fragrances liberated during the 2 ~ 3 first tokes, then an opportunity to extract the rest which usually resides in higher temperatures using a thermostatic model as the Volcano.  Instead of 300 mg bowls i only require ~125 mg now to obtain the satisfaction i seek, with an option to exploit access to non-decarbozylated THC which happens to offer valuable anti-inflamatory properties, if you need that...

My daily tool has been tweaked to emulate the toking of a cigarette without a self-poisoning counterpart, instead of promoting dysfunctional abuse recentering the universe on fancy/expensive paraphernalia for long minutes i'm lucky to get a real option just to forget my pipe where i put it and yet not being worried that i may bake noble molecules while not ready for my next toke.  Because it cools-off quick anyway.

Now here's the best aspect of it.  My pipe is built after working on a VaporGenie as my "Prototyping Platform";  it was chosen for its efficient use of Silicon Carbide foam which proved most appropriate for the task once combined to simple metal and even wood...  Years of patient work allowed me to fine tune the manufacturer's patented concept until i could verify the virtues of "Micro-Bursting" where "adiabatic approximation" helps to avoid overheating outside/around the bowl.  That means heat has no time to propagate much, while a Hot Dry Air Ovenizer needs to thermalized evenly...  In other words it's possible not to waste energy that only results in nuisance excess heat, which in turn explains why it's so expensive to implement popular products:  they're fundamentally flawed by design!

Etc., etc., etc...

Ah, and a last argument in favour of my favorite scenario:  it's based on Inlet Self-Moisturization since there's water vapour distributed across the whole path.  The thing is it's that water which made me search until i got there, because my sensitive airways require it.  Otherwise i'd be back to abstainance, to be honest.  In comparison Hot Dry Air Ovenizers can trigger discomfort that gets worse with passing weeks, or months, until bizarre symptoms like allergy start to develop...  Personally i've experienced it all starting with sored eyes, cauphing, rafale sneezing and skin rashes.  A few years later it's all under control thanks to inlet water combined to "Micro-Dosage" (e.g. via "mithridatism"), and the pipe is really affordable even after including the cost of customization.  With potential for a "next-step" improvement i called "Plan-A" and that is based on electro-magnetic Induction Heat, because my Hybrid Core proved compatible with a self-moisturized Release/Transport Agent while electricity as in polular devices is NOT - hence a true reluctance observed on the manufacturer's side who persist in failing to account for the human physiology of their clent$ who would find those products more "inclusive" if their own personal need for moisture in the path were respected when it comes to vaporizing cannabis exactly.

The VG "Classic" look Aluminium tastes best, the Bronze Sherlock is more intuitive and the "Classic" wood proved most affordable.  Visit my modest pictures gallery for details or just ask Google Images for some keywords as:

Egzoset "Micro-Bursting" "LavaCapsule"

large.5a8bd4bbb8d82_EgzosetsFullCust.Classic-styleAluVGPipe-MatingJunction(2016-Oct-20)300x300.PNG

large.5a99b3a886e26_EgzosetsCust.VGPipesuggestedcfg.(2018-Jan-30)640x640.PNG

large.5a8bdb638953b_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe-Year7Aroma-Tastesetup(2018-Feb-15)640x500.PNG

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

Edited by Egzoset
On-line editor reluctance to post images simply & fast...
4 people like this

I got a davinchi IQ a few weeks back. Small portable discreet and gets me high. Had a dodgy battery only problem when I got it. Overall very impressed

2 people like this

Im all for the solo 2, best portable i have ever used :) Its sturdy construction too as oppose to plastic units

1 person likes this

Salutations,

Thanks to Providence that's all i need now:

large.5aaa49d289b10_EgzosetsCust.BronzeSherlockVGPipe-Labelled(2018-Mar-11)300x400.PNG

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

Alright there,

I recently gave up smoking tobacco, just over a week.

I have been smoking neat weed,

and it's deffo better for my lungs, anyway just had a good go of the mighty this morning, a mate came round who borrowed it of his mate, so my lucky day, it was full with some type of cheese, tasted like shit, all burnt and horrible, then me mate told me that he had a few goes on the way down the road, so I took the lid off and tipped out the remains of the cheese,then to see a tiny little gauze at the bottom of a fairly shallow hole, so at a guess I would say 0.2/0.3 would fill probably over fill, so I plucked a tiny lump of Gsc put the lid back on and pressed the button, a short while later the green light illuminated so I gave it a long gentle suck, not like I would on a spliff, gentler, then held it in for a spot,then exhaled as normal, it was very satisfying the drags/puffs were full of all the intense flavour of the Gsc, so I gave me mate a go, exactly the same, so we had a few goes each until it tasted burnt, emptied it to see how the bud had changed, it was all crispy, so I reloaded it with some Hso chocolate mint og, and it was amazing, now all I know is my mate has gone now with his borrowed mighty so I need to buy one right now. 

I don't know how I have managed to get this far into my life without stumbling across one of these before. 

Bottom line is if in doubt get your mates borrowed mighty out, that's enough jabber from me.Jj:yinyang:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Salutations Jibba jabba,

7 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

I recently gave up smoking tobacco, just over a week.

So it's not a smooth transition then, i guess!  My own personal situation was significantly different as i quit the tobacco habit late during summer of 1995, though i continued hachish smoking until July or August in 2007; then i eventually initiated myself to vaporism on February 15, 2011 - but not before going through the total abandon of all smoker habits, years before vaporism even attracted my attention actually.

Here's my smoker accessory on the left side:

large.5aaacbfe91852_CombustionvsVaporization(2017-Feb-28)400x300.PNG

Quite frankly the mere idea of scraping tar/cauldron mixed with acrylic feels kind of repugnant today.  While that's a potential "golden" reclaim from my vapo on the right side, for comparison purposes:

large.5a8bdb537086f_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe-CottonreclaiminMatingJunction(2018-Feb-14)550x480.PNG

Just have 100 % "bio" cotton handy...

7 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

...it's deffo better for my lungs...

M'yeah, sure is.  But for how long??  My honey moon with a HerbalAire v2.1 lasted some 25 months, as i recall, but i also need to mention it started to promote allergy signs after ~6 months which i had never experienced before:  over-exposure, i concluded.  ...  Solution?  Inlet water in the whole path, from Flame-Catcher to MouthPiece.  Then Micro "Bursting"/"Dosing" in an attempt to reverse the situation via mithridatism and an alternative to Hot Dry Air Ovenizers which truly accounts for human physiological needs at last.

YMMV.

Good luck, have fun!!  :hippy:

Edited by Egzoset
1 person likes this

the mighty hands down the best portable imo, tried many others but getting the mighty first off would have saved me many hundreds of pounds

1 person likes this

Loving the fury2, very discreet a true portable with big clouds in 30sec heat up time.

atb

4 people like this

Like the look of these @golf.007 ,did you have to order from the US? 

1 person likes this

@Openairbud, yes buddy I ordered from the us, there is a discount code for 15% off at the mo, delivery was only $15 to the uk and £15 handling charge.  All in it was £115 to my door with the waterpipe adapter.  Loving running it through my morning apple with the adapter.

Atb

3 people like this

Hi I've never had a vape before, always smoked roll ups splits, there's a vape shop by me but I've never been in has I thought I would come out with what they want to sell me.

Being new can you guys recommend me one to start with please? 

Golf.007 can you post a photo of the one you bought from USA please,

I got linx gaia, love it. Only positive feedback

1 person likes this

Pjers thanks for that I will take s look

@mollski, just for you buddy,

large.IMG_4076.JPG

it really is small but rips big.

atb

3 people like this

Golf.007 

Thanks for the reply and photo, it looks well small but nice, so your pleased with it then, can you not get them in the UK yet then? 

Many thanks for photo much appreciated

1 person likes this