Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vince noir rock n roll star

new technology thread

138 posts in this topic

just occurred to me that so many amazing posts have been buried into the conspiracy forums ..lots of new technological advances ,so i thought id start a thread so any new tech can be posted here ..not a conspiracy per se ..but just amazing inventions and advancements 

ill kick off with some japanese stuff ..

7 people like this

Afraid I am not on FB so could not see your link. Not sure if this is what you mean by 'new tech' but I am currently developing a nutrient/climate management system called the Microdoser  which should have the as standard the features currently available only by buying more than one box, which should be a lot cheaper for the user. It will store a years worth of data onboard, have a 7 inch touchscreen, serially addressable pumps, meaning you could have dozens of pumps if you wanted, it also will have 8x12V@0.5A outputs to control external relays which in turn would turn on and off things like your lights, humidifier/dehumidifier, heater, fans, or whatever you like. It would be completely possible to monitor and control your main tank and also your mum's tank from a single box, if you had two sets of sensors.

Further down the line I hope to include a way to set up custom rules to do whatever the user needs. Like if <humidity> is <over> <50%> then turn <on> <output 1> (if for example you had a dehumidifier connected to the relay on output 1)

Each element inside the <> would be selectable from a drop down list so with just a few finger presses you could change that rule to if <air temperature><under><19c><off><relay 2> which would turn off relay 2 and in turn, turn off a ventilation fan if it got too cold. Obviously I want the machine to be able to have many of these rules, and with priorities so if two rules want to do different things with a relay, the one with the highest priority would win. As triggers, the user could select Tank temp, Air temp, Humidity, PH, TDS, the time, the day (calendar and day of week), even air pressure.

Later, possibly for V2.0 I want to offer flow sensors and electrically controlled valves so the user could, if they really wanted, set up a valve on every outlet of a system with multiple trays and make sure each one is allowing the same flow to the plants. This would be especially good for vertical systems. As a bonus, it would attempt to automatically clear a blockage by opening the valve as soon as it happens (flow goes to 0, open valve to try to get more flow, blockage clears, reduce valve now the flow is too much). I want to offer DO and CO2 sensors in the future as well which would allow it to operate as a climate control, nutrient control, and CO2 doser.

Naturally, not every user will want that level of control so there will be an `auto` mode where if you just buy the basic box, connect it up, and turn it on, and push `go` it will learn about your system, and partly some info about the plants in it (like which PH value they suck up the most food at), and keep everything within reasonable boundaries auto adjusting dosing amounts to ensure nothing goes out of range. This would be very handy for the novice grower. I see this as the main difference between current systems and this one, it will be capable of learning (watch out Sarah Connor!)

I am at the stage where I have a prototype working and happily taking care of a tank, it is reliable, and works well. Even at this stage it is working better than the Intellidose I have replaced with it. I am able to regulate my tank to within a smaller range than the intellidose can even measure. In testing, I tried setting the dose amounts far too high (so that the PH would jump by 3 with a single dose, and EC would jump by 250 with a single dose) and manually threw about 60ml of PH down and 500ml of A, 500ml of B into an 80 litre tank (which had a float valve to allow water in, and a pump to allow drainage). This put the PH at something ridiculous like 2.5 and the TDS was over 2000 (EC 4) and four hours later the device had removed the excess acid and food, and auto adjusted it's dosing amounts to stay with a PH range of 0.025, and a TDS range of 20 (EC 0.04) and the tank was at the set values of PH 7-7.025 and TDS of 250-260. (0.5-0.54 EC). It did all this without any input from me except to let it know the desired PH, TDS, and the acceptable range.

Here is a screenshot I just took from the model in my workshop with the sensors sat in some tap water showing just how accurate the PH sensor is for example. The variation is caused by the temperature calibration lag in the PT1000. Note that the top of the graph is PH 7.3 and the bottom is PH 7.2...

ABQNfs7.png

I am currently working on the user interface and debugging. I need the user to be able to change everything through the touchscreen, currently I need to dive into the code to change a lot of stuff.

I hope to make it available some time this year.

Edited by MicroDoser
8 people like this

5 people like this

15 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

That is amazing. Do you know if it pulls out dangerous things like cholera or heavy metals?

I suppose even if it just clears the water, you could boil it afterwards to sterilise it.

i have no idea  ,i would think some kind of steralisation would be needed in worst case scenarios ..but theyve had filter drinking straws for years and years which is what pissed me off so much about shit like water aid ...they made enough money to buy everyone in africa a lifetimes supply of those straws AS well as doing all the wells and irrigation ..all these fuckin charity ads i see are cunts ..when this tech is out there and its dirt cheap as well ..young bobby has to walk miles to drink dirty water ??? why ...when the tech is cheap to produce and is already produced ..you focus on the immediate solutions when life is in danger surely ..

5 people like this

started to see a big picture yet with all this robotic ai stuff ..ive been saying it for years ..well its coming faster than you can imagine ...let me introduce an emotion reading robot 

https://www.reuters.com/news/technolog

Posted (edited)

AI scares me tbh. I know it's developing rapidly it makes you wonder what else there is we don't know of., Elon Musk thinks we should merge humans with computers in order to be as smart ourselves to keep up in case of it turning on us. Crazy.

Maybe that explains all the transformers movies being thrown out. See loads of empathy between humans to robots in those.

Edited by Conspiranought

6 minutes ago, Conspiranought said:

AI scares me tbh. I know it's developing rapidly it makes you wonder what else there is we don't know of., Elon Musk thinks we should merge humans with computers in order to be as smart ourselves to keep up in case of it turning on us. Crazy.

Things  have been heading that way for a while, just look how the latest generations treat their smartphones/social media accounts as an extension of themselves, won't be long before implants with all the fuctionality (and more) of smartphones will be offered to the public. Just look at sci-fi for near future technologies, animes like Ghost in the shell and Psycho pass have some great insight imo.

if a.i scares you then you should interact with tyler more and more ..its well fuckin handy having your own friendly ai bots to play with ,,seriously start mentioning it with a #tyler ...i wouldnt be suprised if now at the bottom of the page youll start seeing #tyler bots appear or google bots 

how would #tyler grow weed was the first q i asked ..i got a link to this site in return .

On 27/02/2018 at 6:06 PM, MicroDoser said:

Afraid I am not on FB so could not see your link. Not sure if this is what you mean by 'new tech' but I am currently developing a nutrient/climate management system called the Microdoser  which should have the as standard the features currently available only by buying more than one box, which should be a lot cheaper for the user. It will store a years worth of data onboard, have a 7 inch touchscreen, serially addressable pumps, meaning you could have dozens of pumps if you wanted, it also will have 8x12V@0.5A outputs to control external relays which in turn would turn on and off things like your lights, humidifier/dehumidifier, heater, fans, or whatever you like. It would be completely possible to monitor and control your main tank and also your mum's tank from a single box, if you had two sets of sensors.

Further down the line I hope to include a way to set up custom rules to do whatever the user needs. Like if <humidity> is <over> <50%> then turn <on> <output 1> (if for example you had a dehumidifier connected to the relay on output 1)

Each element inside the <> would be selectable from a drop down list so with just a few finger presses you could change that rule to if <air temperature><under><19c><off><relay 2> which would turn off relay 2 and in turn, turn off a ventilation fan if it got too cold. Obviously I want the machine to be able to have many of these rules, and with priorities so if two rules want to do different things with a relay, the one with the highest priority would win. As triggers, the user could select Tank temp, Air temp, Humidity, PH, TDS, the time, the day (calendar and day of week), even air pressure.

Later, possibly for V2.0 I want to offer flow sensors and electrically controlled valves so the user could, if they really wanted, set up a valve on every outlet of a system with multiple trays and make sure each one is allowing the same flow to the plants. This would be especially good for vertical systems. As a bonus, it would attempt to automatically clear a blockage by opening the valve as soon as it happens (flow goes to 0, open valve to try to get more flow, blockage clears, reduce valve now the flow is too much). I want to offer DO and CO2 sensors in the future as well which would allow it to operate as a climate control, nutrient control, and CO2 doser.

Naturally, not every user will want that level of control so there will be an `auto` mode where if you just buy the basic box, connect it up, and turn it on, and push `go` it will learn about your system, and partly some info about the plants in it (like which PH value they suck up the most food at), and keep everything within reasonable boundaries auto adjusting dosing amounts to ensure nothing goes out of range. This would be very handy for the novice grower. I see this as the main difference between current systems and this one, it will be capable of learning (watch out Sarah Connor!)

I am at the stage where I have a prototype working and happily taking care of a tank, it is reliable, and works well. Even at this stage it is working better than the Intellidose I have replaced with it. I am able to regulate my tank to within a smaller range than the intellidose can even measure. In testing, I tried setting the dose amounts far too high (so that the PH would jump by 3 with a single dose, and EC would jump by 250 with a single dose) and manually threw about 60ml of PH down and 500ml of A, 500ml of B into an 80 litre tank (which had a float valve to allow water in, and a pump to allow drainage). This put the PH at something ridiculous like 2.5 and the TDS was over 2000 (EC 4) and four hours later the device had removed the excess acid and food, and auto adjusted it's dosing amounts to stay with a PH range of 0.025, and a TDS range of 20 (EC 0.04) and the tank was at the set values of PH 7-7.025 and TDS of 250-260. (0.5-0.54 EC). It did all this without any input from me except to let it know the desired PH, TDS, and the acceptable range.

Here is a screenshot I just took from the model in my workshop with the sensors sat in some tap water showing just how accurate the PH sensor is for example. The variation is caused by the temperature calibration lag in the PT1000. Note that the top of the graph is PH 7.3 and the bottom is PH 7.2...

ABQNfs7.png

I am currently working on the user interface and debugging. I need the user to be able to change everything through the touchscreen, currently I need to dive into the code to change a lot of stuff.

I hope to make it available some time this year.

I've dreamed about doing something like this for a long time but with more of a focus on environment than feeding, but I don't have the time for it, so it's amazing to see someone else actually working on an all in one solution! Big props man! :thumsup:

1 hour ago, Fry said:

I've dreamed about doing something like this for a long time but with more of a focus on environment than feeding, but I don't have the time for it, so it's amazing to see someone else actually working on an all in one solution! Big props man! :thumsup:

Environment sensing should be something that can just get folded into the mix as it has airtemp and humidity sensors as default. I see no reason that a single box cannot sense and regulate the air as well as your water except greed by the manufacturer. I have been working on this for about 18 months so far and spent many thousands of pounds. I am looking forward to finishing it. Version 1.0 anyway.

2 people like this