Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skorpio777

LED lights - cannot put timer on !!

bought these last month -    VIPARSPECTRA-600W-LED-Grow-Light

tried to set up last night then realised there is no built in timer or anywhere to put timer on,  emailed the seller on ebay and they say there is not a function on this light to add a timer .

what am i going to do now ?  manually put light on and off every day myself ? 

my own fault for rushing in and trying to start growing quickly without doing my homework first !!!  

couple more questions if i may ...what height do i place these in veg and what height in bloom

how many hours on & off in veg and how many hours ( cycle )  in bloom .

cheers guys !

Edited by oldtimer1
Please don't live link to ebay

@skorpio777 

Has your led got a plug????

I bloody hope so, plug and play mate.

Leds can get a bit of a bad Rep, I would advise you start high and lower if needed, or just leave it high

For the rest check out the grow diary section.Jj:yinyang:

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

@skorpio777 

Has your led got a plug????

I bloody hope so, plug and play mate.

Leds can get a bit of a bad Rep, I would advise you start high and lower if needed, or just leave it high

For the rest check out the grow diary section.Jj:yinyang:

cheers but......so manually switch lights on/off myself  ?   veg & bloom  ...keep them on 24/7  ?   dont understand what your saying sorry mate

Edited by skorpio777

Buy a timer mate, a bit bigger than plug with segments on it, have a Google mate, cost you about £15 for a reasonable one have a look on G&H they sell them.Jj:yinyang: 

2 people like this

Lumii heavy duty plug-in timer is pretty good and it's cheap :D I've had 2 of these on my fish tank for over 2 years 

Atb

JJ

4 people like this

Use the timer between the light and socket for hours you want on and off, keep bloom switch off in veg and turn BOTH veg and bloom n when flowering and let timer do on and off cycles....as for height minimum 18 inch maybe bit higher

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Marthur Ix said:

Use the timer between the light and socket for hours you want on and off, keep bloom switch off in veg and turn BOTH veg and bloom n when flowering and let timer do on and off cycles....as for height minimum 18 inch maybe bit higher

thanks

maybe something like this (   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-PLUG-AND-GROW-HEAVY-DUTY-TIMER-GROW-LIGHT-FOR-GROW-TENT-HYDROPONICS/183046854569?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649  )

10 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Buy a timer mate, a bit bigger than plug with segments on it, have a Google mate, cost you about £15 for a reasonable one have a look on G&H they sell them.Jj:yinyang: 

thankyou,  would these do the job (  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-PLUG-AND-GROW-HEAVY-DUTY-TIMER-GROW-LIGHT-FOR-GROW-TENT-HYDROPONICS/183046854569?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649  )

@skorpio777 yes there what we are talking about.

Your not aloud to post links to auction site btw.. 

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

It depends on what real wattage they pull from wall.. Irc the heavy duty timers for up to 600w.. 

Looks alright @skorpio777 it say up to 22amps, dunno if that's spilt like or each probably split, but yeah that all do you mate:yinyang:Jj

1 person likes this

have a look at Grow & harvest, one of the sites sponsors sell them for £9.95  HERE 

they might charge postage but its still a hell of a lot safer buying it from a dedicated grow gear supplier than buying it off ebay,

especially when it mentions hydroponics in its selling title   :russian: but as they say, the choice is yours.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

have a look at Grow & harvest, one of the sites sponsors sell them for £9.95  HERE 

they might charge postage but its still a hell of a lot safer buying it from a dedicated grow gear supplier than buying it off ebay,

especially when it mentions hydroponics in its selling title   :russian: but as they say, the choice is yours.

thanks i will go for that !

1 person likes this