Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

K71

Ph organic feed

28 posts in this topic

Hoping for a bit of help here with the biobizz nutes im using.

currently in week 5 of flower using biobizz nutes in bat special. The last week or 2 i noticed the plants were yellowing, i used epsom salts as listed in OTs biobizz thread  at week 3.

plants made no improvement and it looked like a N deficiency as the plants were yellowing rapidly.

any way last week (week 4 flower) i decided to up the grow to 2ml , again no improvment and the yellowing has got even worse with very few green leaves left.

last night i decided to check the ph of my nute mix, with the grow and bloom mixed the feed solution is 5.5ph. 

Is this likley the problem that the feed ph is too low and causing the problems?

sure ive read in one of OT threads that the ph should be no lower than 6.1 as the soil can buffer down but not up

any help pls. Looks like im a few days away from losing the whole grow

Hey there k71, my first post here so I won't be much help, but I'm interested on the outcome as I have the same issue everytime. Although mine reach the end still and are spot on its the yeild I'm losing. Do you use ro water by any chance? I was heading down the lines that maybe it's a pH issue setting it off and was gonna try counter it with some lime upon my next time round. I'm also in batmix (plagron) I add extra worm castings, seaweed meal, rockdust and perlite to the potting mix and some endos. Hope you get sorted mate but like I say they still make it to the finish and with being organic it should still taste fairly good!!! 

No my water straight out of the tap is ph 6.5 ec 0

got 2 lots of plants half in bat special and half in coco.

the coco plants look perfect, the plants in bat mix and with biobizz look like theyve been flushed with water for a week.

im thinking it can be nothing else but the ph.

out of the tap its 6.5ph. Once the biobizz is added it drops to around 5.5.

first go with organics and will be the last. Coco is so much easier to sort problems quickly

im at the point now where im just going to crack out the ghe micro and bloom and give them that. At least ill know the ph is correct

Edited by K71

Like I say mine always start to go around week 4-5. Starting from bottom. Thought it was N myself so added bloodmeal. Then had the idea there was too much P to lockout the Mag. I've been also told that I may have added PK (powder guano and palm tree ash) too much too soon. Which leads me in circles. So just trying to do one at a time untill I get there, I've done around 11 crops this way (funny I know) and lucky to pull 8oz off a 600w (don't laugh) the bud doesnt reach potential but still tastes amazingly clean and I have enough to last me, that's why I continue with it. Strangely enough through. I have 4 strains in at the mo on week 7 and one of them is still glossy green (bud doctors strawberry crusha). Hope someone chimes in for you K71, and can help us both. I assume you're doing the organics for persy. I still believe it's the way to go. I swapped some organic for some synthetic stardawg. 7g one bud. Looked amazing smelt amazing but tasted like wheat/straw/hay whatever. I'd prefer bud that looked ok but you can taste even when you've finished and put it out. I'm a stresser myself but I've learned "everything's ok in the end"

You may be better taking photos of your bad leafs, possibly a few at different stages and posting it on the problem solver section. If you can though keep me posted buddy. Also people reckon the bat mix is good for feed for 3-4 weeks. So really shouldn't have to add ferts til after then. 

1 minute ago, Jam_burt said:

You may be better taking photos of your bad leafs, possibly a few at different stages and posting it on the problem solver section. If you can though keep me posted buddy. Also people reckon the bat mix is good for feed for 3-4 weeks. So really shouldn't have to add ferts til after then. 

Yes the grow was fine until 2 weeks into using nutes.

I had a similar issue with my grows using bio bizz nutes in plant magic soil. I now use a cal-mag supplement all the way through, and its solved my issues.

Hope you get to the bottom of it asap mate, :yep:

This sounds exactly the problem we all had back in the day with BB nutes. I've avoided it this time around by adding a handful of worm casings to the final pot and have been giving them PM Magne Cal once a fortnight at 2ml per gallon (about 0.5ml per litre.) 

Whats the best thing to use to up the ph.

got some ph up but dont want to use it with the organic nutes

dont use ph up/down with organics, i tried it in the past and all it did was cause issues, the soil should buffer the ph and keep it stable. the ph of your solution isnt the problem.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, medhead said:

dont use ph up/down with organics, i tried it in the past and all it did was cause issues, the soil should buffer the ph and keep it stable. the ph of your solution isnt the problem.

Soil can only buffer down it cant buffer up.

read in other thread ot say dont ph your feed but if you do dont ph it bellow 6.1 as the soil cant buffer it up.

my feed after mixing is ph 5.5

its certianly the feed thats the problem as all my other plants in coco ( from the same mother) are fine.

all i can do is just hope they make it to the end which i dont think is going to happen as they are now bright yellow and the leaves are falling off daily.

im happy with the plants ive got in coco so i know its not enviroment or anything to do with the strain. 

My first go with organics, in the future ill just stick with coco as thats been problem free.

got a few cuttings so i might run them with diffrent nutes next time or just fish mix and see how they go

Btw @medhead i wasnt dismissing your opinon even though my post may have come across like that.

its simply the process of elimination that has got me to  the conclusion its down to my feed.

if i didnt have the coco plants in the same room then i would still be scratching my head. But as i say they look perfect and its only the organic ones that have issues.

im at the point now where enviroment and any strain doubts can be completly ruled out. Also the feed strength has had 2 weeks to adjust now with no improvment.

only thing i havent done is trying to raise the ph of my feed.

it too late now for this grow, its just a case of trying to get them to the end and learning for next time

Btw @medhead i wasnt dismissing your opinon even though my post may have come across like that.

its simply the process of elimination that has got me to  the conclusion its down to my feed.

if i didnt have the coco plants in the same room then i would still be scratching my head. But as i say they look perfect and its only the organic ones that have issues.

im at the point now where enviroment and any strain doubts can be completly ruled out. Also the feed strength has had 2 weeks to adjust now with no improvment.

it too late now for this grow, its just a case of trying to get them to the end and learning for next time

@K71

What size are your final pots and how long did you veg the plants in those final pots before flowering?

I'm interested in this as I'm currently about to flower in batmix using bb nutes.

4 hours ago, K71 said:

dont sweat it :D its didnt come across that way to me.

1 person likes this