Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

buddy13

amnesia

33 posts in this topic

as a test of different peoples palates what does amnesia smell of then taste of to you?

I use amnesia as the tester 1stly because its been around for ever and most people have smoked it and 2ndly because I can't describe it.

tangie is another that splits palates too- to some it smells of orange peel to others cut grass......to me orange peel and gas........some have mentioned its nycd recycled..

any thoughts?

1 person likes this

Amnesia has a sweet incense, sharp lavender mixed with that hazy cat piss top note to me. It’s unique and unmistakable, had a lot of ok examples and occasionally the real deal but could say that of any strain.

Tangie is mandarin orange, little mistaking it. Quite different to old orange bud which is softer and less sickly, more like an orange than a mandarin;) If it smells like cut grass, reckon something has gone wrong drying/curing or maybe just a different pheno.

Amnesia- even the dullest of noses can distinguish this strain. Aromatic sweet incense in the foreground coupled with the classic spicy woody notes of haze with just a whiff of lemon at the back, Each attribute complements the other as it dances across the palate. A truly lovely strain. if you get the clone hold on to it

4 people like this

Smoked loads of amnesia but can’t remember what it tastes like 

8 people like this

I wish I could even smell a nug of genuine Amnesia.

Lots of stuff here in Ireland from time to time, called, variously,

Amnesia, Lemon Amnesia, Amnesia Lemon...

All look and taste very similar, but most of it is fairly bland.

Every now and then you get a cracker though.

Small, rock hard  buds that grind really well with a strong head high.

Perfumed Club Lemon is how I think of the taste.

Could this be Amnesia?

1 person likes this

Amnesia haze the Core cuts aromas and terpenes are lovely , you get that citrus creamy-ness with that camphour note and it really has a 'difference to most other haze camphour type plants. 

Need to run it again soon :yinyang:

Farmer

10 people like this

@Gojitangie now that you mention it, lavender is probably the closest smell to amnesia for me.

@crticalcontent definitely an unforgettable smell and very unique hence why I have difficulty describing it, unlike yourself :pimp:

@VikingDee you must have had the "real deal" cut;)

@Gerfish  there is a lemon cut which is lemonyish I suppose but i'm a regular super lemon haze smoker so.....

from what I remember a while back the commercial amnesia would come in at least 5 different grades each smelling the same when first opening the pillows but then the lower grades would loose the smell and taste pretty quickly....:soap:

@FARMER G never had the pleasure i'm afraid :(

1 person likes this

Fingers crossed my stepbro has some success with persuading a potential clone fairy he knows to send a clone my way as I know he knocks out "ammo" haze and stardawg

5 people like this

I’ve got some OG here that’s crossed with the core cut, it’s outrageous 

4 people like this

49 minutes ago, VikingDee said:

I’ve got some OG here that’s crossed with the core cut, it’s outrageous 

Can’t wait to pop madgiz’ coreXoldtimes

3 people like this

Panik over at gorilla seeds on the forum has a seed version of the ami core cut. Think its described as being selfed but can't remember. It's over on the breeders sub section though and priced lovely.

6 people like this

and it just so happens i have 5 pips ready to  start life in about 8 weeks .....  theyre autos  so i will let you know in about  the end of july hopefuly  :cowboy:

Edited by vortex
1 person likes this

I can only go off Amnesia #7, but the pheno I had was really pungent. Had a really in your face stench to it but pleasant unlike cheese, Even more so when smoking it. Very hard to describe, But seeing as I don't know the power plant #7 that the Amnesia was bred with, hard to say for sure that it was the Amnesia causing the stink.

1 person likes this

Off topic a bit but, Amnesia is Soma's version of SSH right? I've never had any Amnesia come close to being as good as Super silver haze. I'd say the same for Lemon haze, which is everywhere at the moment, that's SSH x Lemon skunk. I mean, why would you? SSH is my all time fave sativa, I've had others that were good but nothing that surpassed it. SSH from MNS is one of the original and best strains, made from the best selections by Scott, Arjan and Neville back in the day. You cross SSH with anything and all you've done is weaken it.

That said, I don't rate Amnesia. I've had it loads in Dam and it never seems to deliver for me, regardless of taste which to me is mediocre at best.

I don’t suppose anyone has grown g13 sweet amnesia? I got some on am getting a bit worried, there only 1 week into flower but they don’t look right, some are tall and spindley others are short and bushy. I looked them up on google found this - Feminized, huh?, 3 out of 5 turned out to have bananas and nuts, out of the other 2, I pulled 87g and 59g respectively, not happy, I've been growing for 30+ years, so not a novice, buds were stringy and airy, did not like nutrients, even at 1/4 strength..!!!!, steer clear, can see now why they are discounted