Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gr0wr

Bloom nutrients/additives

Hi All,

I got a question regarding the nutes I'm using in my flowering stage. I've been advised and sold these from a local shop but wondering if they are actually both the same thing?

I'm 5 weeks into flower and using Canna Flores as my base. I didnt want to go down the canna boost route as its £60+ litre so I was advised to use Hesi Boost and Shogun PK 9/18.

Now reading the bottle:

Hesi Boost: Phosphorus P2O5, Potassium K2O.

Shogun PK 9/18: Phosphorus P2O5 -9, Potassium K2O -18, Sulphur (S) - 5.1.

I was advised to use these in conjuncction with each other. Are these 2 products essentialy the same thing but with the addition of Sulphur in the PK 9/18?

Cheers. :unsure::)

1 person likes this

Hi buddy, if the plants aren't asking for P or K I wouldn't bother giving them any.  I don't know if canna boost is the same as hesi but canna boost isn't a pk booster think it's just beneficial enzymes.  Canna flores has everything you need I would just stick with that unless it's a clone you know or want to figure out.

atb

2 people like this

am using bio canna boost at the moment no doubt the yield is better.

1 person likes this

Cheers fellas,

I reckon they have sold me something I didnt need. Wont be shopping there again. :wallbash: I'll just stick with the Canna flores. :)

Edited by Gr0wr
1 person likes this

On 22/02/2018 at 0:20 PM, Gr0wr said:

Hi All,

I got a question regarding the nutes I'm using in my flowering stage. I've been advised and sold these from a local shop but wondering if they are actually both the same thing?

I'm 5 weeks into flower and using Canna Flores as my base. I didnt want to go down the canna boost route as its £60+ litre so I was advised to use Hesi Boost and Shogun PK 9/18.

Now reading the bottle:

Hesi Boost: Phosphorus P2O5, Potassium K2O.

Shogun PK 9/18: Phosphorus P2O5 -9, Potassium K2O -18, Sulphur (S) - 5.1.

I was advised to use these in conjuncction with each other. Are these 2 products essentialy the same thing but with the addition of Sulphur in the PK 9/18?

Cheers. :unsure::)

The Hesi is likely straight mono potassium phosphate (MKP) which only provides P and K.  The Shogun is likely a mixture of MKP and Potassium Sulphate (which supplies K and S). As a PK booster, 1kg of MKP will treat 12,500L of nutes and costs around 2 quid a kilo when you buy it in a 25kg sack.