Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Comrade Stoker

Cauliflower Steaks

30 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried these? 

Here is a link http://allrecipes.com/recipe/239042/roasted-cauliflower-steaks/

They are slices of cauliflower, baked in the oven and brushed with oil, lemon, chilli, salt, pepper etc.

They are absolutely lovely, proper nice and easy to do. Just a piece of baking paper in a tray and lay them out. Cheap as chips too. Proper good, do try them if you get a chance.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Comrade Stoker said:

Has anybody tried these? 

Here is a link http://allrecipes.com/recipe/239042/roasted-cauliflower-steaks/

They are slices of cauliflower, baked in the oven and brushed with oil, lemon, chilli, salt, pepper etc.

They are absolutely lovely, proper nice and easy to do. Just a piece of baking paper in a tray and lay them out. Cheap as chips too. Proper good, do try them if you get a chance.

large.IMG_0224.JPG

We agree....added some currants for the 'burn'...

Edited by lois lane
2 people like this

10 minutes ago, ratdog said:

They got lampooned for trying to sell them for silly money. They're a piece of piss to make. I think they got a bit of a following, and M&S thought they'd cash in, they got clobbered on social media for their pricing and they withdrew the product.

How can it even be called a cauliflower steak though, its just a fucking slice, but you can't charge silly money or mug people off by calling them a cauliflower slice.

I'm gonna start removing the hard bit inside a parsnip, slice it thin and call it parsnip bacon, then sell it to muggy hipsters in Shorditch in an artisinal paisley and seaweed roll, with mohair ketchup and dust salad for 9 quid a pop. 

15 people like this

lol 

it's big the whole cauliflower meat substitute, I keep getting recipes from a fb group I'm part of. They also make aubergine bacon with liquid smoke added for flava. Food tech is really creating some incredible new dishes :)

1 person likes this

Why give veggies meat names though, you're eating vegetables, don't make it sound more interesting than it is.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Ital said:

Food tech is really creating some incredible new dishes :)

Slicing a cauliflower isn`t food tech, it`s been around since the cauliflower

5 people like this

they look like they taste of sadness

2 people like this

56 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Slicing a cauliflower isn`t food tech, it`s been around since the cauliflower

looooooool

5 hours ago, Ital said:

Food tech is really creating some incredible new dishes :)

this is top shelf, premium grade trolling looooool 

5 hours ago, lemonton said:

this is top shelf, premium grade trolling looooool 

i'm bang into my food and cooking, you'll see in other food related threads even my gallery.

You obviously thought you'd tag along after @Ratdog's post.

:yep:

@ Ratdog - you know I'm not talking slicing cauliflower. I don't need to spoon feed do I?

Edited by Ital
1 person likes this

Cabbage slices/"steaks" are also popular in this house. Finished with lemon salt pepper and oil.

A great pasta sauce is roasted cauliflower florets with a little chilli and seasoning mixed with kale and cooked cauliflower puree. Add some hazels or pine nuts, kale will wilt in heat of sauce and pasta. 

If you want more crunch (different type) you can add fried breadcrumbs .

I prefer this without cheese, others here prefer with.

Got a link for that veggy "bacon" @Ital

Edited by ramblingmadman
2 people like this