Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

UKBilly

2 Metre tent 2 metre tall plants help

25 posts in this topic
24 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Or a 2l black polycarbonate Stewart pot?

Just normal 5l black plastic pots bud

5 minutes ago, CHAN said:

plants that are basically touching the bulbs are no good.They buds that are in the light will be burning and blocking light for anything thing that it is below. I'd start again if it was me.

None of them are touching nor directly under it, there tied up and pulled away from been under it so they don't get burnt.

tie a string from the poles in the corners so it forms an x at a couple of feet down from the light and before the next watering snapthem over so they lay on the string ..a one time supercrop ..then water and feed ..they will probably straighten up overnight ..repeat a until they take an s shape .

4 people like this

8 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

tie a string from the poles in the corners so it forms an x at a couple of feet down from the light and before the next watering snapthem over so they lay on the string ..a one time supercrop ..then water and feed ..they will probably straighten up overnight ..repeat a until they take an s shape .

That I can do, seems like one of the best ideas, I assume the stems will heal if I snap them? Tomorrow is feed day so I can get on with that.

1 person likes this

if you squeeze hard on the stem before watering they should give a bit so you dont break the outer skin but the inner husk ..then cos they need water they should be floppier ..you can lay them over ..as long as you got lots of airflow ..then you water ..and the plant tries to repair itself ..

gallery_20433_13654_92889.jpg

9 people like this

14 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

if you squeeze hard on the stem before watering they should give a bit so you dont break the outer skin but the inner husk ..then cos they need water they should be floppier ..you can lay them over ..as long as you got lots of airflow ..then you water ..and the plant tries to repair itself ..

gallery_20433_13654_92889.jpg

Thanks for explaining buddy, will get onto it in the morning before feed :yep:

2 people like this

8 hours ago, cultivateur said:

A 4 times stretch though... :unsure: even my pure sativas don't go that crazy

Really? Some of the Sat's I used to grow would think nothing of stretching from 15" to 8'.

I don't see a reflector in the photo', add one! Even if the lamp is only 6" from the reflective roof of the tent then by the time it's travelled there and back it's lost 75% of it's energy. (Light subscribes to the inverse square rule and loses half of it's intensity for each 6" travelled.) Even a cheap Dutch barn will reflect more light onto the plants which should mean less stretch next time. 

2 people like this

As vince says, just manipulate the branch inbetween your finger and thumb DONT just snap it, you want to slowly squeeze and bend it..i had a similar issue with one plant but left it too late, couldnt even bend it over using pliers lol

Yep agree with owd and Vince squeeze and bend them in a couple of places and get the height down bud 

" Pheno-A requires the full 70 days to finish and can multiply its height by a factor of five or more – so it should be flowered very small (10-15cm), unless a large plant is desired. "

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/305536-sensi-seeds-jack-herer/

Given they list 4 distinct phenos, this clearly is not an easy plant to grow from seed ...

I reckon there's scope to place the pots around the sides of the tent and lean them diagonally across to the opposite sides ... then presumably hack off the understorey.

Edited by cultivateur
1 person likes this