Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

smithy0639

Help newbie

30 posts in this topic

So just weighed in my second grow and dry weight was 5oz from three plants in 25L pots 

Under normal 600w hps 

well done.

4 people like this

Is this good or really bad I'm more thinking it's a disappointment

Need some help on what I need to be doing to get more than 2oz per plant 

Well done

Better than my first attempt

3 people like this

I used Canna and tried to get them as good as I can but I'm just unsure and what do do next to get more weight should I feed more or use my 315w and the 600w together

Did u implement any LsT during ur last grow? Did you top atal? Pot up in stages? How long did you veg for? 

4 people like this

I topped twice and tried to use Lst. Pot sizes from 1.5L,5.2L,15L,25L

but I'm thinking it could be more of an environment issue I have a really good tent nice and thick material with an oil radiator. But I'm growing in a garage and temps this time of year vary so was hard to keep temps above 24c on lights off. Feeding was 1.2L of water at final stage using the full canna range and this was done two-day feed then water then another two-day feed. 

Look up wet dry cycle. 

Use smaller pots. 

25l is massive. That's a pot big enough to support a plant that produces 10-15oz plus 

The 15l is still  big and is good for 10oz plus plants grown well but will do if your only doing 3 

Welcome to the site. Get a diary up bud and peeps can see where you can improve 

6 people like this

I concur - in my last grow I coaxed maybe 6 ounces from a single plant in an 11 litre pot (not by choice and it took a lot of watering).

Even the first pot seems rather large in terms of getting the roots to fill it properly.

In this grow I went from 0.25 to 1 to 3.5 and then to 14 litres to finish - I vegged two weeks in each pot - three weeks in the final one because the cold had slowed things down - so a total of 9 weeks' vegging - six feminised plants in a 4 x 3 foot space under a 600 watt - 2 square feet per plant.

But 5 ounces should keep you medicated until the next grow is done. :)

1 person likes this

@smithy0639 sorry i missed your reply.

Blackpool has nailed it on the head as usual :) only advice i can add is, read read read.

Atb

JJ

1 person likes this

Welcome and congrats - 5oz is 5oz, and you got the plants through to harvest on your first go... that's not entirely disappointing... plenty first grows don't make it out of the pot!

Can't agree more with whats been said. Get a diary going for your next grow and you'll get input, ideas or suggested reading. Provide as much detail as you can in your diary; Check out a few diaries that grow in a similar sized space with similar lighting etc. and read as much as you can... but putting theory into practice, getting your hands dirty and getting a feel for what your doing and how the plants respond (or having an experienced eye give you a heads up) is crucial imo...

Can't pretend to be any kind of expert, but I learn dozens of things each grow both from the plants and the generosity of folks here... Onwards and upwards mate! :v:

5 people like this

5 oz isn't great but has probably saved you more money than what your grow kit cost?

some pictures of your setup will help everyone here to guide you to getting a bigger yield.

good luck  

3 people like this

were your pots sitting directly on the floor of the garage ?

2 people like this

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, smithy0639 said:

But I'm growing in a garage and temps this time of year vary so was hard to keep temps above 24c on lights off.

you only need the temps to be above 20c mate, if your roots were cold during lights off then that will be something you need to sort for your next grow, having your environment set up is one of the more important things, cold roots stop the plants uptake of nutes so you end up with plants that look like they have deficiencies.....

1 person likes this