Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chris1977

Is this really thai weed?

56 posts in this topic

large_thai.jpg

I've been buying this weed for years.

I figured i'd ask the aficionados on here to ID it, to see if i'm actually smoking what i have been told it is. 

Its bloody good. Smells and tastes absolutely nothing like what i would describe as sensimellia high grade bud. It's got a smokey and rum like aroma and taste. 

Is it thai? 

3 people like this

looks like a lot of leaf in that and can`t see any pistils either :unsure: 

3 people like this

Must be 20 years since I got some with the  red thread through it. The thread use to run through it really mixed in no just round the outside.

What's the high like?

atb

4 people like this

Doesn't look like conventional  Thai brick weed.. Looks more like compressed leaf and someone has half assedly tied some cotton they had knocking about tbh..

8 people like this

@golf.007i have little practice in describing highs but it gets me very high in a sativa kinda way, that's for sure

I've never really smoked a massive range of high grade sensi so hard to compare highs.

You are right in that the thread is mixed quite deeply into the weed before its been compressed. its not brick weed as the compressed pieces are sort of sausage shaped. There are a few black seeds in the weed here and there. 

It's good quality weed (in my honest opinion)

29 minutes ago, ratdog said:

looks like a lot of leaf in that and can`t see any pistils either :unsure: 

no there are no distinct pistils as you might find in a lot of the bud on this forum, i think it may be that the pistil colour is very similar to the rest of the weed. 

i might get a bit out later see if i can unfurl it and take another picture. 

1 person likes this

Thai is a lot drier, twiggier and dustier looking..not to mention a Different colour

As long as you're enjoying it, all good..

6 people like this

Its an unusual string for Thai, they usually use a thin cotton, usually red but sometimes yellow and red. And as daze said its usually darker and stickier (like Daze's mind :wassnnme:), but I've had lighter green, fluffier Thai in the past, and the small black seeds are also familiar. If it smells similar and the high also, its probably Thai. Looks nice though, I'd give it a go regardless of visible trichs :yep:.

7 people like this

@THC4METOO thanks, yes its well tasty in my opinion

how would you personally describe the smell of thai? i have no point of reference at all. I guess i would describe it as 'old skool' but thats no help at really is it? :thumbdown:

I'd say dusty and spicy.. But downton smokes a lot more thai. He'll have a better idea of the more recent stuff going about .. :wassnnme:

lol

1 person likes this

I know what you mean by old skool but you could describe most landrace weeds with the same expression, regardless of where it grew. Earthy and funky works for me, as does dusty and spicy (again, another way to describe @Dazes mind). 

2 people like this

lol

1 person likes this

after having another sniff (whilst making a high brow wine tasting expression) i would describe it as smoky ( that might be spicy in your nostrils) and earthy and also smells a bit of booze, rum in particular.

Who knows,  but it is a nice smoke so i should probably worry less about where it came from and thank my lucky stars for the connection. :skin_up:

2 people like this

post-11426-1161538329_thumb.jpgpost-11426-1161538199_thumb.jpg

I had to go through 59 pages of random pictures in my gallery to find these, brought back some memories of past forgotten grows though

E2a rum also rings bells, stop worrying and get it in ya :rofl:

Edited by THC4METOO
8 people like this

You can search your gallery for certain images that would save hunting every page Bud.. Assuming the images are titled, that is..

:yinyang:

1 person likes this