Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MicGrow

Police cure headaches by raiding cannabis factory in residential area.

29 posts in this topic

This is almost as bad as stories where residents say they "got high on the smell".

No you didn't, you lying fuckwits.

6 people like this

I remember a grow got found by a pensioners terrier dog sleeping at different times than usual, so they reported it to the police. The world is a strange place at times.

It's worth remembering that the police are happy - overjoyed even - when shit like this gets printed. It's classic FUD and stops people asking how they really knew (which is 9 times out of 10 going to be a snitch).

4 people like this

I saw this article in the torygraph before what a load of shit!!

On 2018-2-14 at 1:29 PM, MicGrow said:

I'd suggest that it's perhaps psychosomatic.

If the smell of cannabis did cause someone headaches I'd theorise that lots of other things/ plants do too, some kind of hypersensitivity. 

Maybe electromagnetic sensitivity to all the ballasts, fans and controllers plays a part?

(Having said that, it's not clear whether electromagnetic sensitivity is actually a thing but a lot of people do report it. A friend who claims to have it stayed over for the night, he doesn't know I grow. In the morning he told me that my house is really "clear" and that there were no "signals" keeping him awake. Haha. We all now digital ballasts emit electromagnetic radiation, it can be picked up with an AM radio I believe. I have three ballasts running! So he should have been up all night!)

At the end of the day its a massively overpowering smell to folk who dont smoke and im not suprised something so overpowering can cause discomfort for people not used to it.

I think alot of people on here spend so much time around it that they forget what it smells like to non smokers.

That does not change the fact that the OP is propaganda bollox though.

Edited by sterling-archer
1 person likes this

One thing which is rarely mentioned in these press releases is whether the "smell" is cannabis growing, or being smoked.

Smoked, I totally get - not everyone likes smoke.

But growing ? I know the nickname is "skunk" but that's actually quite a pleasant smell. Better than a brewery, or muck spreading .....

Laundry detergent and the "perfume" people slosh on themselves these days really turns my stomach.

When I'm behind someone on the way home and gagging on some chemical stench or other, I wonder what it must have been like for their co-workers earlier in the day  ...

I can't say for certain that I've ever smelt any "factories" in my area - perhaps people have their odour control well sorted ...

Po will do anything to blag a few days full pay on the sick, in fact they milk it where they can.

By this pile of shit my whole household should have migraines constantly. 

2 people like this

You know how some people make a face if they smell something bad/ potentially damaging. Some people might associate canna smell with bad/illegal, and act out the learned physical reaction as if it were a bad/noxious smell and not just a smell they have learned to associate with 'bad'.

Smell- recognition of smell- reaction to smell... reaction is either innate or learned. Innate reaction could be smelling sulphur or other noxious smell/irritant and react by removing themselves from the smell as it could be physically damaging. Learned reaction could be smelling cannabis and (depending on your programming/learned response) react as if it was noxious/physically damaging, because they smell a specific smell that they have linked with a bad/illegal activity.

Do people hate the smell because they hate the smell (allergic/bad reaction), or do they hate the smell because they have been conditioned to hate the smell?

You could train/condition someone to hate citrus smells or other 'nice' smells by punching them in the face just after a citrus smell is released.

Anyway... back to the face some people make when smelling a 'bad' smell.. Headaches caused by straining the facial muscles because they are  physically reacting (innately or learned) to the cannabis whenever they smell it? psychosomatic?

I had headaches for months and realised it was my eyeglasses arms being too long for my face, causing me to (consciously at first but then eventually unconsciously) tense muscles in my face to keep the glasses from slipping down my nose. Could some peoples bad reaction(headaches) to the cannabis smell just be them doing it to themselves by (consciously at first but then unconsciously) reacting physically to a smell they think is 'bad' and not actually 'bad'. Do more anti cannabis people suffer from headaches compared to pro cannabis people when exposed to the smell?

Edited by ritchtbiscuit
1 person likes this

It could just be the potency of the smell too.

Citronella gives me a headache after a while and i like the smell but its a thick overpowering scent that gets to me eventually and builds in your sinus .

It reminds me a tad of cheese in the intensity and maybe thats how a stinky strain comes across to some non smokers, too intense so a headache ensues.

5 minutes ago, sterling-archer said:

It could just be the potency of the smell too.

Citronella gives me a headache after a while and i like the smell but its a thick overpowering scent that gets to me eventually and builds in your sinus .

It reminds me a tad of cheese in the intensity and maybe thats how a stinky strain comes across to some non smokers, too intense so a headache ensues.

In some people who would be "hypersensitive" to any dust, smell, or even pollen, then what came off of the "plantation" could cause headaches, but nowhere in the numbers that is at least being inferred in the article.

No, what's more likely is that something went wrong with handling the fumes, that was noticed outside the building which led to the raid, and someone had a hangover. The usual "embellishment" then runs it's usual course.

3 minutes ago, Buckfacked said:

In some people who would be "hypersensitive" to any dust, smell, or even pollen, then what came off of the "plantation" could cause headaches, but nowhere in the numbers that is at least being inferred in the article.

No, what's more likely is that something went wrong with handling the fumes, that was noticed outside the building which led to the raid, and someone had a hangover. The usual "embellishment" then runs it's usual course.

Yeah i know the storys bull pal i just always feel the need to point it out if theres any truth in something.

If we deny everything potentially negative about it were no better as a community than the spin doctors on the other side :)

Its like everyone who spits and flames when people say it can make you para at times....absolute bollox of course it can, as does achohol and other substances if taken in excess. Call a spade a spade ey :)

Just now, sterling-archer said:

Yeah i know the storys bull pal i just always feel the need to point it out if theres any truth in something.

If we deny everything potentially negative about it were no better as a community than the spin doctors on the other side :)

Its like everyone who spits and flames when people say it can make you para at times....absolute bollox of course it can, as does achohol and other substances if taken in excess. Call a spade a spade ey :)

Well, there's also nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious tricks being used almost as subliminal messages, it's why I struggle to find a decent news source that just tells me what is going on in the world without the absolute twists, turns and knots they put on every article because it makes them think that they are clevererer than everyone else.

If people aren't made to see how they are being played for fools, alongside the necessary to prove claims to be wrong or right, then it's always going to be a losing battle, as it's more than just logic that's involved here, it's generations of brainwashing and thankfully there's more than enough actual peer-reviewed statistics and science out there to start casting seeds of doubt in the faith of the religion called "The War on Drugs", which was lost on the day it was declared, so, slowly but at accelerating pace, things are changing.

Patience is a virtue, and many things are much more satisfying when yo wait. After all, we don't want any sort of populist knee-jerk reaction to create a system of "legal" that is properly enforceable to minimise criminal activity, certainly to a level below what it is now?