Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

icmoon

DO NOT do this at home!!

30 posts in this topic

hotbox!!!

5 people like this

Gutted for you mate, get the next lot in the dirt and crack on despite how disheartened you must feel.

Onwards and upwards :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Well guys I really do appreciate your input. All was going well, yes I did start with nine plants but gave most away as I ralised I just did not have the space for nine photo plants. So in essence I only carbonised (literaly) 2 plants and I do have one left drying. So all in all for my first grow I have got roughly six quart jars full of buds which look really nice. I have to laugh because what makes it worse is that I am a domestic appliance Engineer  and that includes cookers!

To be honest I didn't give it a second thought. Iasked many people and they all said 250 seems very hot to me etc so I set the oven to 250 and shut the kitchen door as I knew it would smoke and waited while the oven reached this temp. I keep a clean oven so there was no smoke whatsoever when I slammed in the weed  which I had ground in a coffee grinder, shut the oven door and vacated the kitchen, shutting the door behind me. I thought I'd give it 50 mins exactly but at 20 minutes all the bloody smoke alarms went of (no they are not in the kitchen) and my wife opened the kitchen door. Oh my shit! I have never seen so much smoke inside a house before, I couldn't even see the cooker! We rushed around opening all the doors & windows and I swear you could have seen the smoke for miles.......and the stench!!!  I am honestly surprised that none of our neighbhours rang the police or fire dept. The WHOLE street stank, it really did.

Well as you all said (except Oceanwisdom) put it down to experience & start on the 2nd grow, which I'm doing. I learnt a lot of useful stuff from you guys. As for Oceanwisdom calling me a moron........Just how many elephants have you cooked?..........Idiot!

Cheers, and thanks again

Cmoon.............With respect as always.

8 people like this

Wow that had to have been a heart stopper all that smoke. Hell yes you had some charcoal there ! Anyway can I ask why you were decarbing your buds in the oven in the first place ?

Edited by Cantharellus
1 person likes this

Yup, fair question.  The main answer is I don't smoke not since my cardiac probs started some 14 ish years ago.

So, my plan was to grow the weed, water cure it dry it, decarboxylate it and hopefully make some tinctures & oil based drops.  Yeah, I could make cannabutter but with my cholesterol sky high and tryglicerides too, that isn't such a grand idea either.  My options are getting slimmer. I have just ordered an Ardent, 'Nova' see here http://www.ardentcannabis.com/product/nova-decarboxylator/220v-international-nova-decarboxylator

which although expensive would have been cheaper than my 'brain fart' with the oven.

I will post on here as to how this Nova works, is it as good as its made out to be?

Cheers for now.

1 person likes this

On 13/02/2018 at 11:06 PM, lurkerMK1.03 said:

Sorry for your loss.

Never try to make BHO,you will have the roof off.

That's my next project!......To make BHO not blow the roof off!

1 person likes this

On 2/17/2018 at 9:27 PM, icmoon said:

That's my next project!......To make BHO not blow the roof off!

it really is over rated ...

4 people like this

Some things we just learn the hard way mate, get another grow on I'm sure it'll turn out better this time. A lot of people don't succeed at all on their first try. How would sleepless nights affect your cardiac related issues though bud?

I have a celcius electric coker and decarb at 150c 

Edited by Conspiranought
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

How would sleepless nights affect your cardiac related issues though bud?

Not sure of the science behind it but they are related, sleep affects a lot of bodily functions.

I have a mild heart condition myself, I get palpitations and irregular rythms, lack of sleep makes these symptoms much worse for me.

1 person likes this

Not to add to your worries, but is it a problem that now everyone on your street smelled the pot coming from your house?

1 person likes this

sorry to hear you lost your stash mate ....  i bet the  place stank...  lucky someone dident call the fire crew out tho ahhh ??    i bet half your street are monged off their gords  and there were a record ammount of  munchies  vanished in the street too mate .....

1 person likes this

1st report (for me anyway) on my new 'NOVA LIFT' Precision Decarboxylator.

After customs charges of £50.34, I paid in all $325.00 for this machine so it had better be good......

I ground my 'Super Skunk' in a coffee grinder and loaded the Nova. (It only holds just under an ounce so for those of you doing a big grow...- forget it!)

Just push the switch and wait for the red light to turn green it is then finito, finished, fully automatic.........Simples!

So I went to bed.

Had a pretty good 5 hour sleep and checked the Nova.........Bloody thing is still on and very hot!  

Wrote to Ardent (who makes the Nova) they suggest "it could be just a sticky switch because it's new" and advise me to leave it on overnight with nothing in it.    So I did. And it was still on in the morning.

So I have to send it back and they will send me a new one (does this mean another £50 customs charge I wonder?)

So, there we are. I will send it back & wait for the new one to arrive, so until then back to the oven. (yes 110C I know)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So on an upshot, I made my very first batch of cannabutter using the crockpot set on low. I gave it 12 hours. ......500G or two English sized blocks (4 American sticks) and an ounce of trim with a fair few buds thrown in for good measure.

I've created a monster!...........I spread some of this on a piece of toast and ate it on an empty stomach............Wrong thing to do, especially since I haven't had any weed for about 30 years. I can't really tell you much more after that other than every time I opened my eyes the world just would not stop spinning, it was a nightmare trip, I couldn't stand up, I didn't know what f*cking day it was but I did know how to puke!

Not my idea of euphoria at all, but could probably be useful for weightloss ok.  Man was I ill.............I didn't know it at the time but my wife tried a little too and was throwing up all night long. Today she feels like she has the worse hangover imaginable!

Must not give up though. Have to get my 2nd grow going but this time they will be all autos ('Northern Lights' autoFem from sensiseeds)

I've learned an awful lot through you guys and can't thank you enough for that.

Cmoon

Respect.........As Always.

2 people like this

Glad to hear you had a bit aside... still, what a ball ache burning it must have been... Speaks highly of you that you took it in your stride and cracked on!

Your butter sounds spot on... dosing is a bit off though! ;) There are some great stories on the boards from folks who have done the same to a house full of guests and/or family members!

Good luck with your next grow mate! :v:

1 person likes this

1st report (for me anyway) on my new 'NOVA LIFT' Precision Decarboxylator.

After customs charges of £50.34, I paid in all $325.00 for this machine so it had better be good......

I ground my 'Super Skunk' in a coffee grinder and loaded the Nova. (It only holds just under an ounce so for those of you doing a big grow...- forget it!)

Just push the switch and wait for the red light to turn green it is then finito, finished, fully automatic.........Simples!

So I went to bed.

Had a pretty good 5 hour sleep and checked the Nova.........Bloody thing is still on and very hot!  

Wrote to Ardent (who makes the Nova) they suggest "it could be just a sticky switch because it's new" and advise me to leave it on overnight with nothing in it.    So I did. And it was still on in the morning.

So I have to send it back and they will send me a new one (does this mean another £50 customs charge I wonder?)

So, there we are. I will send it back & wait for the new one to arrive, so until then back to the oven. (yes 110C I know)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So on an upshot, I made my very first batch of cannabutter using the crockpot set on low. I gave it 12 hours. ......500G or two English sized blocks (4 American sticks) and an ounce of trim with a fair few buds thrown in for good measure.

I've created a monster!...........I spread some of this on a piece of toast and ate it on an empty stomach............Wrong thing to do, especially since I haven't had any weed for about 30 years. I can't really tell you much more after that other than every time I opened my eyes the world just would not stop spinning, it was a nightmare trip, I couldn't stand up, I didn't know what f*cking day it was but I did know how to puke!

Not my idea of euphoria at all, but could probably be useful for weightloss ok.  Man was I ill.............I didn't know it at the time but my wife tried a little too and was throwing up all night long. Today she feels like she has the worse hangover imaginable!

Must not give up though. Have to get my 2nd grow going but this time they will be all autos ('Northern Lights' autoFem from sensiseeds)

I've learned an awful lot through you guys and can't thank you enough for that.

Cmoon

Respect.........As Always.

Cheers Slugums and thank you.

Seeds will be planted Tuesday, maybe I should start a log?...Blog? Online record.  Ya know what I mean.

With respect as always.

Cmoon.