Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hazeworks

No more grows from me for a while

26 posts in this topic
On 2/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, dingo bingo said:

whereas a private landlord may do none or more than the estate agent, and they COULD turn up out of the blue too

Landlords are obliged by law (Housing Act 1988) to provide at least 24 hours notice if they want to enter the property, for any reason.

8 minutes ago, Oafman said:

Landlords are obliged by law (Housing Act 1988) to provide at least 24 hours notice if they want to enter the property, for any reason.

Except in an emergency,ie flooding,roof collapsing ect.

1 person likes this

On 13/02/2018 at 6:16 PM, dingo bingo said:

Regarding inspections for private renting an estate agent will definitely do 3 or 6 monthly inspections

My landlady used an estate agent to "manage" things, in reality what that means is they did the checks, took my references, bank account details bond, rent in advance etc the usual stuff..but have never been round to check anything, after 2 years i spoke to the landlady and came to an agreement with her where she fucked the estate agents off and gets an extra £50 a month in her pocket and i dont have to pay any fees to the estate agent for renewing my tenancy every year, and im on my 4th year here now and apart from one visit from my landlady at xmas when i first moved in..nobody ever visits or inspects anything lol

the estate agent still holds my bond though.

Edited by Pot Committed
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Oafman said:

Well, yeah...thats the law -but how many people follow it? We don't and my landlord already probably speeds. They CAN and DO turn up out of the blue without any notice - even 24 hours notice is fuck all to take down a grow - both are things that should never happen with an estate agent.

3 minutes ago, Pot Committed said:

My landlady used an estate agent to "manage" things, in reality what that means is they did the checks, took my references, bank account details etc the usual stuff..but have never been round to check anything, after 2 years i spoke to the landlady and came to an agreement with her where she fucked the estate agents off and gets an extra £50 a month in her pocket and i dont have to pay any fees to the estate agent for renewing my tenancy every year, and im on my 4th year here now and apart from one visit from my landlady at xmas when i first moved in..nobody ever visits or inspects anything lol

Result there mate! I'm guessing the estate agent was a small/informal outfit? My understanding was that most estate agents have to do inspections by law.

12 minutes ago, Pot Committed said:

the estate agent still holds my bond though

Make sure thats in one of the goverment regulated schemes,theres three of them I think. It's the law.

1 person likes this

Just now, dingo bingo said:

Result there mate! I'm guessing the estate agent was a small/informal outfit? My understanding was that most estate agents have to do inspections by law.

To be honest i have no idea if they do or not..i cant see why an estate agent would need to inspect your rented property that they "manage" for someone else..inspect for what? as long as they get their tenancy renewal fees ever year i dont think they care. its a fairly decent sized estate agents..I thought the managing part of things was simply to do the initial checks on you, hold the bond and charge you every year if you want to renew your tenancy..to be honest if they had ever wanted to come round, id have told them to fuck off and rang the landlady ..whilst im renting its my home, my privacy and unless they have cause to inspect my home, they can jog on lol

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, ursus1000 said:

Make sure thats in one of the goverment regulated schemes,theres three of them I think. It's the law.

I think it is mate, its in some seperate account that nobody makes interest on..for some reason?

@Pot Committed It's in case there are any issues arising from handing back the keys. There has been alot of disputes between tennants and landlords/agents in the past. A landlord or agent would say the tennant has damaged the property or stolen something,and then refused to refund the tennants deposit. But now the tennant has a right to ask for an arbitration service to look into the matter,and if the service finds in favour of the tennant,they get their deposit back. The agent/landlord that takes your deposit,must deposit that money into one of the approved regulated schemes within 28 days,and must inform you of the name/address/account details. If they don't,they are breaking the law. As the agent is no longer involved with your rented property,ask for your money back.

1 person likes this

That makes sense ^ It may well be in my case, the landlady still has some contrcat with them to hold onto it until i decide to move or she sells..will look into it but im not too concerned im sure its safe.

Change the locks. Change them back before you leave. Only agree to a visit on your own terms. 

1 person likes this

On 2/13/2018 at 1:23 PM, Hazeworks said:

The place i am going to look at, is like a studio flat type thing, where someone has converted above their garages, and its all plumbed into their house, they would deffo notice a strange spike on and off the electric :(:P 

Run autos on 24/0 and grab a couple of 50W cobs. No reason it needs to be crazy to pull some nice herb out of a taller cabinet!!

Edited by 912GreenSkell