Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Medical420

Plants drooping badly.

31 posts in this topic

I’ve had the temp sensor on the top of pot from day 1, the very lowest I’ve had is 16 and that was for few hours max. I’ve got a 2kw heater on thermostat now which seems to keep above 20 l. I’m going to go out soon and get another one and I’ll put it at bottom of pot. 

So leave 600w hps on constant for a day or two? See what happen?

They have been in root pouches for 4 weeks I got them as cuttings and put them straight in.

i know to size up step by step next time.

1 person likes this

4 weeks and they have just started drooping? had you been wetting the whole pot over the 4 weeks ?

zz

5 minutes ago, Medical420 said:

I’ve had the temp sensor on the top of pot from day 1, the very lowest I’ve had is 16 and that was for few hours max. I’ve got a 2kw heater on thermostat now which seems to keep above 20 l. I’m going to go out soon and get another one and I’ll put it at bottom of pot. 

On or inserted in ?

Rather late in the day, I have only just realised the efficacy of making a small hole half way up a pot and inserting the probe there.

Edited by cultivateur
2 people like this

I would leave the light on and use the heater if you need to. If you can get the room and the pots to 25 and the coco damp they will recover in a few days to a week. 

zz

1 person likes this

Sorry for asking so many questions man. Your really helping thoigh so thankyou. 

I’ll go with what you said and try and maintain 25 for a few days. Should I just go ahead and flick the light back on now? It’s only been off an hour l, so this won’t harm them? I’ve read so much about interrupting dark. I guess its better than them dying anyway lol

Cheers bud

I don't think you can be digging them out at 4 weeks without causing more stress and root death. 

I suspect they have just got a bit cold as their is way too much unused coco around them. 

Warmth and gentle feeding till they go fucking mad then you will know the pouches are rooted out and then you can relax and water a couple of times a day or more, they will grow like fuck lol. 

zz

3 people like this

Ok so at the min I’ll flick the light back on. Make sure roots are 25 all times.

Don’tet coco dry fully but go easy until they   Perk up a bit? 

Then I will know there better when they explode lol.

i was planning on switching to 12-12 end of next week. 

Cheers mate

And no I’ve been watering little circles only upto 1.5 l maximum. Started on 100ml each and went up every 2 days 

2 minutes ago, Medical420 said:

Sorry for asking so many questions man. Your really helping thoigh so thankyou. 

I’ll go with what you said and try and maintain 25 for a few days. Should I just go ahead and flick the light back on now? It’s only been off an hour l, so this won’t harm them? I’ve read so much about interrupting dark. I guess its better than them dying anyway lol

Cheers bud

You ask away brother , this is the place to do it and you will get plenty of help.

Yeh vegging is vegging and light cycles can be anything over 18 hours of light . Its flowering where you cant fuck about and they must have 12 hours of uninterrupted dark. 

Just flick it back on and don't have the timer plugged in for a few days at least till they have turned . 

In the cold weather many people veg on 24 hour as its often cheaper than running heaters through the dark period. The plants don't need a dark period in veg , they will just keep on growing , but important is the constant heat a 600 is radiating out . 

Remember even when they perk up don't go crazy with the feed till they can take it. you have to be gentle till they have roots all over that pouch and are capable of proper drinking lol. 

If you had of potted them up 2 or 3 times then it takes them about a week to root out each jump up . 

zz

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Medical420 said:

Ok so at the min I’ll flick the light back on. Make sure roots are 25 all times.

Don’tet coco dry fully but go easy until they   Perk up a bit? 

Then I will know there better when they explode lol.

i was planning on switching to 12-12 end of next week. 

Cheers mate

Yes to all except the 12/12

They need to be properly rooted out and established in them pouches before you think of switching to flowering. When you can water them 3 times a day with 20 percent run off and the growth is so rapid you can almost see it happen lol. 

Then they are ready for flowering . 

The switch to 12 12 is the beginning of their death, they are as alive as they are ever gonna be in veg. Root growth beyond the first couple of weeks in flowering is minimal so you really have to get the ground work done with the roots in veg. 

Id love to see some pics brother but I suspect you want another months veg before flipping. 

zz

Your one clued up guy! Cheers for you help along with anyone else that’s commented. I’ve got pictures here just stuggiling to upload. On my iPhone not on a pc so I suspect it’s a little harder. Bare with me there coming lol I’ll show u my whole groom and you can throw your suggestions my way..

hopefully not rip the whole thing down lol 

thanks 

1 person likes this

Well I’m here.. is there a controller that you know off than I can plug my normal oil rad and extractor fan into, and it keeps a steady temp. Save me keep messing with thermostat according to weather.. any suggestions . 

I was looking at the SMS smart controller. Just have it on the extract and oil rad in a box on the end of a passive intake.

20 hours ago, Medical420 said:

Well I’m here.. is there a controller that you know off than I can plug my normal oil rad and extractor fan into, and it keeps a steady temp. Save me keep messing with thermostat according to weather.. any suggestions . 

The sms controllers are the dogs mate but always been too expensive for ole zz lol.

If you have a look at this thread you will see a Honeywell thermostat that I and many others on here have been using in their grow rooms for years. 

Very easy to wire and costs about £16 quid. Put the thermostat say at pot level and set it for 20 and plug a heater into it and then it will switch on and off when needed. 

The same thermostat can be wired for heating and cooling so it can be used as a part of a variac build. 

If you do a search on this site for that honewell model you will see loads of people have used it. 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/357782-help-with-honeywell-room-stat-to-turn-on-heater/#comment-4223908

I have used them for years normally one to control a heater and one to switch a fan onto full blast when it gets too hot. 

A good cheap bit of growers DIY 

good luck

zz

3 people like this